Saleh gives the same answer all the time when asked how he will measure success.

Alka

1 hour ago, AZSOJ said:

No offense but confident?   Confidence in playing each other? As usual at this time of year the hype machine is in full bore...  Lets see how they do when they scrimage next week.  I not interested in the love fest that the media and some posters are egaged in.  I want to see a physical, competitive team that can win more then lose and maybe just maybe make the PO before i die. 

If the 2nd team outplays the 1st team, is that a good or bad thing? ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Saleh is mouthing the PC line that permeates the culture.  Never say anything that may bring you "social media heat".

There are no Rex Ryan's in sports who will shoot from the hip and boast about his team, get used to it 

That’s because billion dollar organizations don’t hire low-brow, bumbling idiots… except the Jets and Washington DC.

The expectation for NFL professionals not to act like consummate professionals is sorta the goofy legacy of smooth brain football fantasy. Even coaching legends from decades ago were still professionals. 

Simoly put: Rex is trash.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

59 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If the 2nd team outplays the 1st team, is that a good or bad thing? ?

Waaaaaa?

Put jfm, QW and Lawson on 2nd team... Flacco's new favorite treat would be mud pie

If they were hitting QB's that is.... ?

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, PorP said:

Waaaaaa?

Put jfm, QW and Lawson on 2nd team... Flacco's new favorite treat would be mud pie

If they were hitting QB's that is.... ?

..it's a reference to Gase's last year when the starters played the 2nd string and both sides of the ball were outplayed by the 2nd team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

..it's a reference to Gase's last year when the starters played the 2nd string and both sides of the ball were outplayed by the 2nd team. 

Aaaahhhhh got ya man. 

I refused to watch pre season with crazy eyes.  Just couldn't figure out how hiring the Jax reject to fix or problems made sense. 

Thanks for the claudication I needed on that sarcasm! 

4 hours ago, Alka said:

Everything in life doesn't have to be black and white.  
"We will be playing better, and there will be more wins".  "I expect to be playing meaningful games late in the season".  

If he can't project a more positive statement than we will go to bed better than when we woke up, then I don't have a lot of confidence in him.

What if he never a projects a more positive statement but actually win some games? What if he is actually turning this team around?

Saleh is proving pretty patient with the media, but also pretty smart. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Alka said:

When Saleh was asked how he will measure the success of the team this year, he gives the same non-committal answer.  He says basically that if the players go to bed better than when they wake up, and do that on a consistent basis, then the results will be there.

When my boss asks me "Where are your sales numbers", how do you think he will react when I tell him that I measure success by the work I do each and every day, and that when I go to sleep at night, the effort I put in will speak for itself?

What kind of leader is Saleh, who won't come out and say that the team needs to be vying for a playoff spot in December, or just saying, a lot more wins than last year?  If he won't hold himself accountable by giving out something better than all gas, no brake, then how can he hold the players accountable? 

Personally, I'm getting sick of his baloney answers about his measuring success.  I remember when Parcels said that "your record is what your are".  Meaning that if you are a 4-13 team, then you basically suck.  

I hope that Joe Douglas does a better job of holding Saleh accountable then "we are a better team", or the "players are getting better each and every day" type of attitutde.

Saleh doesn't know which way is up.  Dan Campbell, can you teach motivational classes?

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Alka said:

How about saying what Joe Douglas said a few months ago?  That he expects the Jets to be playing meaningful games in December this year.  

No playoff predications.  No win totals.  Just saying the wins will be better, and he expects the team to be playing meaningful games late in the year.

Saleh rubs me the wrong way sometimes. When you talk to a fan base that has not sniffed the playoffs in over a decade, you better be more assertive than how he has been. Last year as well...something about the Jets fans never having seen something like this (something if the sort)....I am probably in the minority when I say that he does not strike me as one of the more intelligent HCs I'm the league.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

What do you expect him to say? I doubt he’s gonna tell the press, “You know, I think we should go for a top 10 pick this year again”, but he’s also not gonna tell everybody they’re a playoff team yet. As slats said, this is a team that just came off of a terrible season. Growth is really all that matters at this point in the offseason. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Alka said:

"We will be playing better, and there will be more wins".  "I expect to be playing meaningful games late in the season".  

If he can't project a more positive statement than we will go to bed better than when we woke up, then I don't have a lot of confidence in him.

I think most of his interactions with the press are naïve and amateurish. This to me actually shows the capacity to learn, he’s not giving them anything to use as a distraction. As has been stated multiple times already, this is his public message. We don’t know what the private message is and that’s the one that matters 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Alka said:

How about saying what Joe Douglas said a few months ago?  That he expects the Jets to be playing meaningful games in December this year.  

No playoff predications.  No win totals.  Just saying the wins will be better, and he expects the team to be playing meaningful games late in the year.

Further, IMHO we have a damn good roster.  If he can't deliver on this or at least come close to it then he deserves the heat he'd get.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Alka said:

You heard what you want to hear from his boss but you're bitching that you didnt hear it from his underling?  If you're looking for a standard to hold him accountable, you've got one.  As others have said, why would anyone spell out hard parameters that could bite them in the ass, possibly for reasons that couldn't be predicted, and put their job in jeopardy.  The team is very young-What if the players need some time to grow into their new jobs?  So much is dependent on Wilson- what of his growth is not what we hope for or he gets hurt?  What if there are team wide injuries like last year ?    Heres a question-Do you give your boss your sales goals or does he give them to you?

But what does meaningful games mean exactly?   No one has spelled out exactly what that means - “Meaningful” is purposefully vague and can mean anything from possibly playoffs to winning more games and playing spoiler , to seeing all the players developing and growing into a team poised to take a jump. 

The team is trending upwards as everyone can see.  There has been a huge infusion of talent.  If the record isn't better and there aren't good reasons, Saleh will go into next year on the hot seat.  Barring a catastrophic season, he is going to get 3 years.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

15 hours ago, slats said:

My impression is that the team, internally, is pretty confident, and that the way he interacts with them is a lot different than the way he interacts with the press. His answers aren’t much different than any other coach in the league, especially one coming off a season where they earned the #4 pick. 

100%.

It’s weird how some people seem to conflate media platitudes with the teams internal mission statement and goals.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its hysterical that Jet fans think Robert Saleh give a sh!t about them.  That he should be speaking differently to appease them.  Hahahaha.

Robert Saleh will go down as the greatest Jet coach of all time and one of the best in nfl history.

Its happening Jet fans!!!!  Get ready!

I think Saleh is liked and respected by his players and has put together a pretty decent coaching staff.  Im as optimistic as I have been in a long time  but that has more to do with the talent that Joe Douglas has assembled than what Saleh has accomplished.

But Greatest Jet coach of all time and one of the best in NFL history?   Unless you have a time machine and are from the future that kind of statement is pretty silly.   The truth is Lafleur might end up being the better coach.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

Saleh rubs me the wrong way sometimes. When you talk to a fan base that has not sniffed the playoffs in over a decade, you better be more assertive than how he has been. Last year as well...something about the Jets fans never having seen something like this (something if the sort)....I am probably in the minority when I say that he does not strike me as one of the more intelligent HCs I'm the league.

He was right though.

The Jets have never gone through the complete rebuild they just underwent. 

Thus we, the fans, have never seen it (from them). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, Alka said:

Who cares what he says?  Really?  Why should he share his goals with the idiot NFL/Jets media?  Will they fairly judge him?  He's smarter than that and you should be too.  Why do you need to hear differently?  I don't understand this continual desire for some fans to have Saleh publicly state what the fans are thinking -about the team, about specific players.....

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Alka said:

When Saleh was asked how he will measure the success of the team this year, he gives the same non-committal answer.  He says basically that if the players go to bed better than when they wake up, and do that on a consistent basis, then the results will be there.

When my boss asks me "Where are your sales numbers", how do you think he will react when I tell him that I measure success by the work I do each and every day, and that when I go to sleep at night, the effort I put in will speak for itself?

What kind of leader is Saleh, who won't come out and say that the team needs to be vying for a playoff spot in December, or just saying, a lot more wins than last year?  If he won't hold himself accountable by giving out something better than all gas, no brake, then how can he hold the players accountable? 

Personally, I'm getting sick of his baloney answers about his measuring success.  I remember when Parcels said that "your record is what your are".  Meaning that if you are a 4-13 team, then you basically suck.  

I hope that Joe Douglas does a better job of holding Saleh accountable then "we are a better team", or the "players are getting better each and every day" type of attitutde.

Great Idea! Let's force him to make promises and set expectations we all know are unattainable THIS year. Solid. 

I'm sure if your boss walked into your office and told you his expectations were for you to double your usual productivity in the next fiscal year, and put in a memo to all that YOU would meet that expectation, that would just be stupid.

You used you own analogy poorly. I am disappointed in your performance here. ? 

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2022 at 2:33 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm sure if your boss walked into your office and told you his expectations were for you to double your usual productivity in the next fiscal year, and put in a memo to all that YOU would meet that expectation, that would just be stupid.

I have sales quota's every year.  Sometimes I exceed them, and sometimes I don't.  But I always go to bed doing better than when I woke up.  

You see, I'm learning from coach Sales!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alka said:

I have sales quota's every year.  Sometimes I exceed them, and sometimes I don't.  But I always go to bed doing better than when I woke up.  

Well, If I want to increase my productivity,  I have to...

Fire Elmo GIF

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2022 at 8:41 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Its hysterical that Jet fans think Robert Saleh give a sh!t about them.  That he should be speaking differently to appease them.  Hahahaha.

Robert Saleh will go down as the greatest Jet coach of all time and one of the best in nfl history.

Its happening Jet fans!!!!  Get ready!

After the season , when everyone sees how many wins they put up .    They will know the job everyone did, and who should be held accountable .  ( good or bad)      It’s silly to say the things you’re , if it turns out the Jets win four games next year.      Will you be blowing smoke up this Fo  arse if that is the case.

11 hours ago, Alka said:

I hate when coaches who team crapped the bed  Sunday - tell you how well they practiced all week.    Raiders had a lot of those coaches , and that’s the comments that tick off a fan base more.   No one gives a crap how well you thought you practiced all week , if it didn’t show up on the field on Sunday.        So if you start hearing that I be more worried, than his comments now.( he really don’t know what kind of team he has- every team feels good.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:33 AM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He was right though.

The Jets have never gone through the complete rebuild they just underwent. 

Thus we, the fans, have never seen it (from them). 

The Jets have had several complete builds and rebuilds.  The first Jets SB team was built from scratch.  The Todd lead AFC finals team was a complete rebuild of the 60's team.  The O'Brien teams were built from the ground up.  Parcell's rebuilt the team that Herm inherited.  Mangini and Tannebaum rebuilt the Jets from the ground up.

Saleh wasn't hired when the current rebuilt started he was hired a year and a half after it started.   Gase pushed Mac out the door and was the key guy in getting Douglas here.  Adams was traded before Saleh was hired.   The current rebuild started 4 years ago.  Douglas has had 3 drafts and this is year 2 of Saleh as HC.  

Thus we, whatever that means is you.  

32 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Jets have had several complete builds and rebuilds.  The first Jets SB team was built from scratch.  The Todd lead AFC finals team was a complete rebuild of the 60's team.  The O'Brien teams were built from the ground up.  Parcell's rebuilt the team that Herm inherited.  Mangini and Tannebaum rebuilt the Jets from the ground up.

Saleh wasn't hired when the current rebuilt started he was hired a year and a half after it started.   Gase pushed Mac out the door and was the key guy in getting Douglas here.  Adams was traded before Saleh was hired.   The current rebuild started 4 years ago.  Douglas has had 3 drafts and this is year 2 of Saleh as HC.  

Thus we, whatever that means is you.  

Tuna signed a bunch of free agents for the quick fix.  If you think trading Johnson for a couple 1’s is a complete rebuild then I can see how you’ve seen this before. 

Mangini was fired before his complete rebuild was finished.

I wasn’t around for Super Bowl 3 or the Todd team. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Tuna signed a bunch of free agents for the quick fix.  If you think trading Johnson for a couple 1’s is a complete rebuild then I can see how you’ve seen this before. 

Mangini was fired before his complete rebuild was finished.

I wasn’t around for Super Bowl 3 or the Todd team. 

EAD 

Martin, Mawae and Testeverde were here for years.  They were not part of a Quick fix.  The bulk of the teams under Parcells, Herm, Mangini and Rex were all drafted.  

We have as many FA's on this team as any of those teams.  

• Upvote 1