Joe B coming back to WFAN

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sure he will.  He will be estatic that we are winning games and that finally have the GM and Coach who will be leading us to a Super Bowl.  Are you saying there will be Jet fans who will not be happy that we are winning?

Thank you joe Douglas thank youuuu

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sure he will.  He will be estatic that we are winning games and that finally have the GM and Coach who will be leading us to a Super Bowl.  Are you saying there will be Jet fans who will not be happy that we are winning?

Joe was once a fan, then he became a radio personality.  There is a difference

• Upvote 2

He may be horrible, but I have a soft spot for Joe..   Listening to him in the late 90s on the overnight after Jets games was the first time I heard a true passionate Jets fan  hosting on the radio. Not some condescending ass mocking us-  he was with us.  

He probably went downhill and had bad takes and his schtick gets old I'm sure - just a guess, I haven't listened in 20 years- but he's a fan first. And I'll appreciate that.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I can't believe what FAN has become after growing up on it as a kid.  When I lived just outside Philly five years ago I started listening to their horrendous sports stations on the drive to and from work because even that trash was better than FAN.

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Joe Beningo makes me ashamed to be a Jets fan.

My pride in being a Jets fan is unaffected by whatever crazy is out there rooting for the team whether here on the board or in the media. That being said I liked Joe’s passion over the years and he really understood the angst of our fan base.  His recaps on the few times the Jets had big success during Parcels or Rex were fun to listen to. So were the epic rants when we really screwed up in Jet like fashion. The constant negativity wore thin though, especially in his later years.  He might be fun to listen to if the Jets do become an exciting young team on the rise like we are hopeful for. There aren’t many real Jet fans on the air even In the NY market so I appreciated him for that. 

Hard pass on the return of Count Chocula! He was okay 20 years ago because it was good to hear any Jets content coming out of the work truck. Lost a lot of respect for him a few years back when he couldn't remember who we drafted, who we got in free agency, who we traded or anybody's numbers. Seems like all he could do was be horny for his wife Terry and talk about golfing~

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

My pride in being a Jets fan is unaffected by whatever crazy is out there rooting for the team whether here on the board or in the media. That being said I liked Joe’s passion over the years and he really understood the angst of our fan base.  His recaps on the few times the Jets had big success during Parcels or Rex were fun to listen to. So were the epic rants when we really screwed up in Jet like fashion. The constant negativity wore thin though, especially in his later years.  He might be fun to listen to if the Jets do become an exciting young team on the rise like we are hopeful for. There aren’t many real Jet fans on the air even In the NY market so I appreciated him for that. 

Please, if there ever was a poster boy for a SOJF its Joe . 

• Upvote 1