NY F'n JETS support of Ukraine!!!

PorP

4 minutes ago, PorP said:

They're donating $1M in support and in week 3 will wear decals in support of Ukraine. 

I'm really passionate about this and the biggest reason I filed my retirement from the military. 

BRAVO ZULU NY JETS!!!!!!

NFL.com: New York Jets plan Week 3 tribute to Ukraine to raise awareness for relief efforts.

However it's not the Russian people who support this, it is Putin loyalists.

A friend of mine is Russian , and she has lived here over 20 years and is catching hell from other eastern block immigrants,

It's one crazy madman, not the people.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

However it's not the Russian people who support this, it is Putin loyalists.

A friend of mine is Russian , and she has lived here over 20 years and is catching hell from other eastern block immigrants,

It's one crazy madman, not the people.

Your friend shouldn’t be catching crap.  

The people there have a “the trains run on time,” mindset and seem all too willing to turn a blind eye to what’s going one while their economy burns to the ground.  Tough situation but they have arms, legs, gasoline, and glass bottles.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Your friend shouldn’t be catching crap.  

The people there have a “the trains run on time,” mindset and seem all too willing to turn a blind eye to what’s going one while their economy burns to the ground.  Tough situation but they have arms, legs, gasoline, and glass bottles.  

everything they need to make homebrew vodka

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, PorP said:

They're donating $1M in support and in week 3 will wear decals in support of Ukraine. 

I'm really passionate about this and the biggest reason I filed my retirement from the military. 

BRAVO ZULU NY JETS!!!!!!

NFL.com: New York Jets plan Week 3 tribute to Ukraine to raise awareness for relief efforts.

Professional sports teams, especially one with the spotty history of the NYJ should stick to Sports, and avoid social causes.

Never knew it was up to sports teams (businesses) to support anything other than their own business.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

A mother and two young daughters who fled the Ukraine moved in across the street from us the other day.

Saw the two little girls help their mom water the flowers in their front yard a couple days ago.

Couldn't imagine.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, undertow said:

It's amazing how people fall for the same sh*t over and over again.

Agreed.

The 'Johnson family' has more money than some small independent nations....if any or all of them want to take up for whatever cause of their own volition, I applaud them. I do.  Tell the New Yorker mag, or the NYT...revel in it.

But it is NEVER good business to use your business for social/political causes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

Professional sports teams, especially one with the spotty history of the NYJ should stick to Sports, and avoid social causes.

Never knew it was up to sports teams (businesses) to support anything other than their own business.

A nut armed nuclear with one of the world's biggest militaries invading a country and mass murdering non militants is a "social cause".

I just simply don't have words for your special kind of stupid. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, PorP said:

A nut armed nuclear with one of the world's biggest militaries invading a country and mass murdering non militants is a "social cause".

I just simply don't have words for your special kind of stupid. 

Bro, Russia is a bit player. A third rate nation that happens to have Nukes. Their Army is a shell of what they were. Their Navy is mostly rusting, and half their sh*t is 30 years old and trash.

China is the threat.  Russia is easily isolated and unable to project power beyond regional areas and at this point I think Poland or Turkey could defeat them in a straight up war. Individually. Seriously. 

Putin is who he always has been, but is like a small dog yapping at everything so people think it's got a bite. 

China is an alligator just below the surface waiting to strike.

And I'm guessing that from your pearl clutching about a relatively minor skirmish geopolitically after 20 years of US Combat operations in SWA that you were AF or Navy, or never went outside the wire....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1