FA OT Duane Brown visiting Jets

Jetlife33

14 minutes ago, freestater said:

The o-line guru rummaging through the bargain bin a week into camp doesn't fill you with unbridled optimism? 

Are you telling me that a DVD of The Blind Side at Walmart for $3 does nothing for you?

21 minutes ago, freestater said:

The o-line guru rummaging through the bargain bin a week into camp doesn't fill you with unbridled optimism? 

I think the OLine is one of the best units on the team. Not sure what you’re talking about. It’s obvious we needed a backup/swing tackle after losing Moses. But keep pushing your negativity 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think the OLine is one of the best units on the team. Not sure what you’re talking about. It’s obvious we needed a backup/swing tackle after losing Moses. But keep pushing your negativity 

Remind me how good they are when McDermott is starting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Are you suggesting the haters will be quiet until then, or that the Jets will get steamrolled by the Ravens and give the haters new fuel for their hate?

I'm suggesting that the most adamant haters have been operating at 30% capacity until the Jets lose. 

At that point, it will be 100% capacity again until we win.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:
oh my 

Now Imagine Duane Brown, who started every game last year, opposite Laken Tomlinson, who started every game last year, speaking into Becton’s other ear about “putting it on tape”!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What team in the nfl has pro bowl backup players?

This is not quite understood by a lot naysayers on here...  Most of the depth on this team includes  pro Bowlers. ..  A SB MVP...  Or in the superbowl.  And they are the depth pieces not the starters

• Upvote 1

It would be a Heck of a Signing for the sake of experienced depth and an excellent locker room veteran presence in what’s a young team. Jets signed William Roberts back in ‘97 at age 35 as a reserve swing OT. Get it done JD!

• Upvote 2

Seems like a no-brainer.  Another 1 year rental.  Age doesn't matter in that case if you're hoping the guy only plays a couple games.  The experience is what matters and he played a full season last year as a starter.

My guess is that Brown isn't the only guy on JD's list.  He probably has a short-list of targets that he might expect to be cut from other teams as well.  Seems almost inevitable that SOMEONE will be brought in over the next few weeks, but the sooner the better.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Revisit the board again on September 11th, 2022 at 5pm EST.

Why wait that long?  I'm sure it'll start well before 1:30.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

the rams left tackle this past season was 40.  i'm not saying i like the age but it really depends on well this guy took care of his body and if he has the desire to play hard.  without looking i can't see him being much worse than mcdermott.

Absolutely. And he can teach Becton how to take care of himself. I don't see McD and Edoga as NFL guys. And Mitchell needs time. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Over Fant?  Maybe.  Doubt he's here to play a position he's never played.

The contract will tell the story. Either Fant is more hurt than we think, or Brown is coming in to steal Becton’s job. Riley Reiff got $11 mil ($7m base) to start at ORT for the Bears. If Brown is close to that, he’s not coming in to replace Chuma Edoga. It sounds a lot like the OT play has effectively ruined camp for the offense, and it’s triage time around the league. I was listening to the Daniel Jeremiah pod this week, and he and Brooks were talking about how this is the time where teams start to realize that the players they were counting on to play significant roles on the team simply aren’t going to cut it, and everyone scrambles to sign whoever is left on the street. Clearly, Edoga and McDermott are zeroes, and Max Mitchell is already banged up. It’s nut-cutting time, and I wouldn’t want to be Mekhi Becton trying to fend off an expensive, reliable vet. Remember: Robert Saleh has never seen a good version of Becton—he was trash last summer, he was fat as **** in minicamp, and now he’s been a turnstile in camp. At some point, Saleh owes it to the rest of the offense to make a switch unless Becton has some epiphany that makes him want to take his job seriously

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1