FA OT Duane Brown visiting Jets

12 minutes ago, BigGreenFan said:

Folks, unfortunately, Duane Brown is not the answer.  He was absolutely awful last year.  He's unsigned in large part because he gave up 7 sacks and 33 pressures last year. 

He's 37 years old ... he's done ... it's over for him.  I'd rather the Jets sign D'Brickashaw Ferguson -- whose only 1 year older -- if they're going to sign an over-the-hill tackle, lol.

Why the Jets Shouldn't Sign OT Duane Brown 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/why-new-york-should-not-sign-free-agent-offensive-tackle-duane-brown-scouting-report

Citing Daniel Kelly as a source should lead to an immediate ban.  Can't believe anyone is still paying attention to that guy.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, BigGreenFan said:

Folks, unfortunately, Duane Brown is not the answer.  He was absolutely awful last year.  He's unsigned in large part because he gave up 7 sacks and 33 pressures last year. 

He's 37 years old ... he's done ... it's over for him.  I'd rather the Jets sign D'Brickashaw Ferguson -- whose only 1 year older -- if they're going to sign an over-the-hill tackle, lol.

Why the Jets Shouldn't Sign OT Duane Brown 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/why-new-york-should-not-sign-free-agent-offensive-tackle-duane-brown-scouting-report

Good call, looking forward to a year of Connor McDermott and Chuma Edoga playing T because surely they're better than this! 

• Haha 3

On 8/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

They said he left the field the other day.  I didn’t see any updates.  

He’s also been overwhelmed by the upgrade in competition.  He’s not ready this season.  

he was not bad during the scrimmage actually

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I haven't read it.  Does it mention that he is "a former NFL scout" at all?

Joe Douglas is an Offensive line guru.  He drafted Becton instead of Whirfs.  Does that mean every OL man Joe Douglas drafts is going to bust?

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bectons need is made of toothpaste why isn’t brown a jet?????????? ?

Brown had been disrespected by two NFL teams, is 37 and has a gun charge against him in LA.  He's looking for at least 10 million, both Houston and Seattle wanted to get rid of him and he's probably not the all gas, no breaks willy veteran who's going to build the positive vibe culture that Saleh wants here.  

Desperation might well make it happen anyway.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Brown had been disrespected by two NFL teams, is 37 and has a gun charge against him in LA.  He's looking for at least 10 million, both Houston and Seattle wanted to get rid of him and he's probably not the all gas, no breaks willy veteran who's going to build the positive vibe culture that Saleh wants here.  

Desperation might well make it happen anyway.  

I agree. I think they should be looking at RTs, anyway. George Fant isn’t great on the right side. I expected them to sign an OL during the summer cuts regardless of Becton’s health, Jets should probably start asking around teams they thought might have an excess there. See if they can’t trade some of their depth on the DL (or WR or CB) to secure someone sooner. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I agree. I think they should be looking at RTs, anyway. George Fant isn’t great on the right side. I expected them to sign an OL during the summer cuts regardless of Becton’s health, Jets should probably start asking around teams they thought might have an excess there. See if they can’t trade some of their depth on the DL (or WR or CB) to secure someone sooner. 

I think we need two tackles if Becton is out for the year.  Fant is coming off injury and isn't happy with his contract.  This could go south very quickly.  A trade makes a lot of sense.  We have some guys who can play and we have a full slot of draft picks next year.  This season can't be written off with Zach's development in the balance.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I think we need two tackles if Becton is out for the year.  Fant is coming off injury and isn't happy with his contract.  This could go south very quickly.  A trade makes a lot of sense.  We have some guys who can play and we have a full slot of draft picks next year.  This season can't be written off with Zach's development in the balance.  

Agreed. Like I said, I expected another OT, regardless. Now two does make sense. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

Bad pick by JD, when I saw Becton dad I said we drafted the Hamburgular son. ?

strictly speaking these seem like negative vibes

but let the record show that "hamburgular" is one of the top 100 funniest words of all time

and as we all know, laughter is the best medicine

they don't need a vet

Max Mitchell is instant Jason Fabini

We're not going to let anyone steal our good vibes burger 

VERDICT: positive vibes all the way

80s mcdonalds GIF

• Haha 3