Jump to content

Zach and Sauce shined in Green & White scrimmage


GreenReaper
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

 

Sauce can really flip those hips and cover guys.  But he does get aggressive with his hands.  And needs to clean up and refine on that to avoid penalties.  But so far...his coverage skills have really shined in these practices.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even with some drops, a hair over 5 YPA plus an INT is not “shining”.  

Could you for once stop analyzing everything and bringing rational arguments?! Zach shined, shone or whatever the f*$k it’s called, your language is deeply confusing for a foreigner.
 

He was great! 

2D7BDE75-968F-4EB3-9F92-A6D73BBBC261.gif

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Sauce can really flip those hips and cover guys.  But he does get aggressive with his hands.  And needs to clean up and refine on that to avoid penalties.  But so far...his coverage skills have really shined in these practices.  

Totally agree, it was noted in his pre-draft report and seems to still be happening now so its definitely something he needs to focus on.  You dont want this to be some sort of narrative that winds up being almost a self-fulling thing where the refs start to look for it all the time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Totally agree, it was noted in his pre-draft report and seems to still be happening now so its definitely something he needs to focus on.  You dont want this to be some sort of narrative that winds up being almost a self-fulling thing where the refs start to look for it all the time.

This was the play of Sauce covering Moore that impressed many observers...

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jet25 said:

I heard from someone who watched the scrimmage from the sidelines that ZW stared down his WRs and not go through his reads. Did anyone else notice it or is that not true?

not only that but, inexplicably, he was yelling out his intended receivers name before even throwing the ball......

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jet25 said:

I heard from someone who watched the scrimmage from the sidelines that ZW stared down his WRs and not go through his reads. Did anyone else notice it or is that not true?

Definitely true in his Int not true for the night as a whole, 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

80+ yards in bad drops, a 15 yard pass ruled incomplete that probably would've been over turned. 

You guys are sad. 

zach wilson looked good last night except for the 2 bad passes in a row (the 2nd of which was intercepted). otherwise he played pretty welll

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I’d like to think you’re better than practice stats. If the drops are caught he’s over 80% completion and that’s shining but also as inconsequential as 5 YPA and whatever his actually completion percentage was. He looked good and vastly different than last year. 

He was bad last year. I hated the 2 consecutive throws last night, but he was way better this year 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He did on a few throws including the pick. 

Disagree.  He looked away on the int.  Then came back and made the throw probably too quickly.  Didnt see he guy that made the int.  
also,  sometimes the first read is open - that’s really the way the play is designed.  

i guess the point I’m making is even “he did on a few throws”  it certainly wasn’t a theme.   I thought he did a nice job getting through his progressions. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even with some drops, a hair over 5 YPA plus an INT is not “shining”.  

 

9 hours ago, Jet25 said:

I heard from someone who watched the scrimmage from the sidelines that ZW stared down his WRs and not go through his reads. Did anyone else notice it or is that not true?

Some people just take opportunity to be negative when they weren't even there...  I understand being critical...  But Jesus this is over the top. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even with some drops, a hair over 5 YPA plus an INT is not “shining”.  

Forget it.  So much is invested (literally and figuratively) in Zach Wilson succeeding that exaggeration and obfuscation are the norm.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Forget it.  So much is invested (literally and figuratively) in Zach Wilson succeeding that exaggeration and obfuscation are the norm.

Come on Munch.

The three BAD drops were 85 yards easy. 

That puts him at 9.5 YPA which are out of this world numbers. 

The kid is getting better and there's legit hope. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Come on Munch.

The three BAD drops were 85 yards easy. 

That puts him at 9.5 YPA which are out of this world numbers. 

The kid is getting better and there's legit hope. 

No doubt.  I have issues with our receivers, too and their drops the last two years. 

My comment was a general one on how the franchise, some fans and media are doing all they can to put a positive spin on everything Zach does.  (I'm still in a tizzy over his newly-hewn thighs.)  I don't give any of these scrimmages or pre-season games any importance.  No one knows if Zach will take a step forward until he faces live action defenses during the season.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

No doubt.  I have issues with our receivers, too and their drops the last two years. 

My comment was a general one on how the franchise, some fans and media are doing all they can to put a positive spin on everything Zach does.  (I'm still in a tizzy over his newly-hewn thighs.)  I don't give any of these scrimmages or pre-season games any importance.  No one knows if Zach will take a step forward until he faces live action defenses during the season.

You're 100% right, but just by going off what we saw last year at this time you can stat to see the glimmer of hope peeking through. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I’d like to think you’re better than practice stats. If the drops are caught he’s over 80% completion and that’s shining but also as inconsequential as 5 YPA and whatever his actually completion percentage was. He looked good and vastly different than last year. 


“vastly”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...