Zach and Sauce shined in Green & White scrimmage

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I have a PhD in applied physics. I'm willing to bet that I have actually used more statistics than the vast majority of this board. 

FYI: As I pointed out, there is really no way to know what his yards/completion would actually be simply from converting drops into completions. 

First point, valid.

Second point, innate misunderstanding of statistics. If you had the requisite knowledge, you would have a way to know within an acceptable degree of statistical confidence.

PS: I feel no need to flash my credentials here, I wish for my arguments to rise and fall based on their merits.

46 minutes ago, jgb said:

Second point, innate misunderstanding of statistics. If you had the requisite knowledge, you would have a way to know within an acceptable degree of statistical confidence.

Actually - no! The reason is because of YAC.

The best you could do is estimate YAC for each “catch.” (But how?)

btw, several of the drops were downfield according to people who were actually there. 

5 hours ago, jgb said:

People don’t understand statistics innately. This is why Las Vegas thrives. Those buildings weren’t financed by good choices made by their customers.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That would have given Wilson a 17-19 day for 143 yards, or 7.5 YPA.  As I said, a pretty good day.  

You guys noticed they were blowing plays dead at the catch point right?  Probably a bunch more yards in a game off those same throws.  

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Arguing over statz from an intra-squad scrimmage that the majority of us weren't able to watch live is peak JetNation, lol.

Yes.  Glad nobody is letting that stop it for us.  

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Actually - no! The reason is because of YAC.

The best you could do is estimate YAC for each “catch.” (But how?)

btw, several of the drops were downfield according to people who were actually there. 

You have figures for all you seek. Dig deeper. You know the NPV.