Butterfingers squad

Bronx

20 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Let Mims take over this guy. Davis drop rate is discouraging:

Davis struggled with drops in '21, posting a career-high drop rate (15%). His PFF receiving grade (66.4) marked his lowest since 2017.

I tend to agree with this.  Even if Davis looks better in practice, he just drops far too many balls.  Drops are more than just a stat - like it would have added 15 yards to Zach’s stat line.  They’re drive killers and when it’s a regular occurrence it’’s demotivating. .  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Davis struggled with drops in '21, posting a career-high drop rate (15%). His PFF receiving grade (66.4) marked his lowest since 2017.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I tend to agree with this.  Even if Davis looks better in practice, he just drops far too many balls.  Drops are more than just a stat - like it would have added 15 yards to Zach’s stat line.  They’re drive killers and when it’s a regular occurrence it’’s demotivating. .  

I think by the end of the year, Corey Davis will be WR #3 behind Wilson and Moore, if not lower. He's McCareins Part Deux

hot shots GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Bronx said:

AMEN brother....

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Is this being attributed to how hard Zach is throwing the ball? If so, he'll need to learn to put some touch on the ball and save the fastballs for when they're necessary.

Why?  An NFL WR should be expected to catch that 25 yards away.  

Also it looked like there was some touch on the Davis drop.  

Some here like to blame Zach for everything. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Why?  An NFL WR should be expected to catch that 25 yards away.  

Also it looked like there was some touch on the Davis drop.  

Some here like to blame Zach for everything. 

Did you even read my post? I was asking and haven't seen the video on any of this.

There's no reason to throw a 69 MPH fastball every pass. Touch is an important part of improving completion percentage. You want to throw a catchable ball.

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Did you even read my post? I was asking and haven't seen the video on any of this.

There's no reason to throw a 69 MPH fastball every pass. Touch is an important part of improving completion percentage. You want to throw a catchable ball.

That one in particular though was twenty five yards down the field. There's just no reason to drop that.

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, Bronx said:

Zach's 67 MPH darts are too hot too handle.

Butterfingers squad

The wide receivers had too many drops in the game. Corey Davis, Jeff Smith, Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios all had a drop. The one by Davis was on the two-minute drill and killed the offense’s momentum.

Food Lol GIF by Justin Gammon

We knew it last year too

edit wrong player

• Sympathy 1

So the nerds at pff did a whole analysis on the question of if a drop is on the QB or the WR. They looked at a drop rate over expected analysis. So our guy CD has the 3rd worst hands in the NFL yay but #1 is going to surprise a lot of people here 

EBF3109F-70FA-4C44-91E3-DB24C1B8CC3A.png

• Upvote 1

Not a good look last night.  4 drops in an abbreviated scrimmage.  And it it mae even worse becuase of last year's drops.  But I am not going to overreact to it, lets see what happens during the rest of camp and over the course of three preseason games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Is this being attributed to how hard Zach is throwing the ball? If so, he'll need to learn to put some touch on the ball and save the fastballs for when they're necessary.

I don’t think it’s being attributed to that.  Haven’t really seen anyone of authority mention it.  
I think last year many of he drops weren’t great throws and some of those could have been blamed on Zach’s accuracy.   
and one or two short balls he put too much heat on, during his yips phase.  But I don’t think any these were on Zach - just drops.   You would like to think Zach doesn’t have to be perfect and every once in a while a WR makes a play for him when he’s not perfect.  

6 hours ago, Bronx said:

Zach's 67 MPH darts are too hot too handle.

Butterfingers squad

The wide receivers had too many drops in the game. Corey Davis, Jeff Smith, Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios all had a drop. The one by Davis was on the two-minute drill and killed the offense’s momentum.

Food Lol GIF by Justin Gammon

Davis had lots of drops it seemed last year

55 minutes ago, Larz said:

So the nerds at pff did a whole analysis on the question of if a drop is on the QB or the WR. They looked at a drop rate over expected analysis. So our guy CD has the 3rd worst hands in the NFL yay but #1 is going to surprise a lot of people here 

EBF3109F-70FA-4C44-91E3-DB24C1B8CC3A.png

A bit surprising yes. 

However, when Deeboo does get the ball, his big time playmaking ability makes up for his drops.