Is it me or is this one of them most likable teams in a long time

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’ve been a Jets fan my whole life and I’ve always loved the Jets. But I’m telling you guys that this group of guys are special. I think it’s gonna be a big year for them and surprise a lot of people on how good they actually are 

Im glad to hear that.  I think they are still a season away from showing who they are, but I share the optimism overall.  

• Upvote 2

it's great they do some little things for kids.  but as far as likeable i think that stems from not having knuckleheads like wilky, or the hitman, or trumaine, or geno on the team.  you hear these guys talk and it's pretty clear they have more going on in their heads than just foosball.  i get that they're coached but so was robbie anderson and it was hard to know what language he was speaking.

• Haha 1

Honestly I was just thinking about this today, how this is a likable team.

Our teams at the end of the Rex era were not very likable (Tone, Plaxico, Vick, Geno, the Tebow saga).

2015 Jets were quite likable with Fitz, Marshall, Decker, etc.

The rest of the Bowles years the teams just stunk and were boring….mostly likable outside of a certain safety.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

True but they need to win.  I’d take a bunch of a**holes who consistently dominated over feel good stories everyday of the week.

Jeff Ulbrich had a press conference (during OTAs I think) where he praised this team because there were no "a holes" on it. He was happy that was the case.

Saleh, in the Flight 2022 videos, was talking to a group of the coaches and explaining how the best teams (he was using an example from the Navy Seals) always values trusting the guy you're next to over high performing. He said you'd rather have a lesser performer you can trust than a guy on your team that you don't trust. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Jeff Ulbrich had a press conference (during OTAs I think) where he praised this team because there were no "a holes" on it. He was happy that was the case.
Saleh, in the Flight 2022 videos, was talking to a group of the coaches and explaining how the best teams (he was using an example from the Navy Seals) always values trusting the guy you're next to over high performing. He said you'd rather have a lesser performer you can trust than a guy on your team that you don't trust. 
Hope this concept flies... would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

I was there last night. Was a great moment. Had the crowd cheering AJ AJ. The team does seem very likeable the rooks. We’re all signing autographs for the kids. My son had a blast….seems like this JET group does have a lot of good character guys on this squad. Reminds me personality wise of the Herm teams early 2000s. Now let’s go get some WINS with these guys!!!!!!’

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

True but they need to win.  I’d take a bunch of a**holes who consistently dominated over feel good stories everyday of the week.

Right on bruh!  You're a bad ass but the real question is, do you bleed Football, bro-osaurus!?!?!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Great post.  We spend an inordinate amount of time arguing over stuff that really isn't that important in the context of this being just a game played by adults.   The giving back to the communities by the players (and I'm not just talking about the moment last night) is so much more important and meaningful.   I got misty watching last night.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

There's an old saying in the Army, "Never share a foxhole with a married guy". I didn't understand that sentiment until I was the married guy with kids. Having a family at home makes you not take as many chances, makes you cautious....

I know its not entirely applicable in the same way, but you need to be able to trust the guy next to you to go the full measure, not hold back, and give 100% to the task. Those are the guys Saleh and JD want to build their squad with. No Santonio, AB, Derrick Mason, Revis types. Elite players, yes....but selfish me-first guys. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

There's an old saying in the Army, "Never share a foxhole with a married guy". I didn't understand that sentiment until I was the married guy with kids. Having a family at home makes you not take as many chances, makes you cautious....

I know its not entirely applicable in the same way, but you need to be able to trust the guy next to you to go the full measure, not hold back, and give 100% to the task. Those are the guys Saleh and JD want to build their squad with. No Santonio, AB, Derrick Mason, Revis types. Elite players, yes....but selfish me-first guys. 

It also makes musicians sell-out pu$$ies sometimes.  Metallica used to pride themselves on being the loudest and fastest band.  Then all of a sudden they were suing Napster and wearing designer jeans.  

Not blaming all that on starting families but they certainly forgot their “roots” fast.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Kind of missed the entire thought process behind what the Jets did at the end of the G&W practice and the response by fans that were touched by this.  

Why do I need to post what the 7 posts above mine already said?  I have two eyes, I can see the nice gesture.  There’s no thought process behind it.

This isn’t the first time they’ve done something like this.  

• Thumb Down 1

52 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Why do I need to post what the 7 posts above mine already said?  I have two eyes, I can see the nice gesture.  There’s no thought process behind it.

This isn’t the first time they’ve done something like this.  

So the logic behind your thought process is that there were 7 posts talking about it so you had nothing to add and decided going in the opposite direction 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So the logic behind your thought process is that there were 7 posts talking about it so you had nothing to add and decided going in the opposite direction 

Uh no my thought process is that half the people raving about niceties won’t remember them if this team starts 1-5.  And personally, given that this is a football team last I checked, I’d rather have a successful but not as nice team than a nice, bad team.  We had a team of nice guys last year and we sucked.  Not really complicated.  Time will tell.

• Thumb Down 1