How many JetNation New York Jets fans have even lived in New York?

Have you ever lived in New York?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever lived in New York?

• Yes
    • No

Yes. Does it matter though? After 30 something years now NJ should count as well. They've actually been in NJ longer than they were in NY now.

Also, can't tell you how many people I've met who are around 10-15 years older than me that are fans of the Cowboys, Steelers or Raiders because they were great in the 70's. Very few ever lived in those respective towns. Here in South Alabama there's a ton of Packer fans. I asked a guy from Mobile one time why that was, I assumed it was because of the snowbirds. Nope, it was because for whatever reason back in the day the Packers were the team that was on TV here on Sundays. Why is Notre Dame very likely the most popular CFB team in the NYC area? Probably has to do with the Catholic thing but the school is in Indiana. Also seem to remember my dad telling me they were on local TV/radio back then too. There's a scene in Sopranos where it's on the local radio. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Nolder said:

Am I imagining it or are there a lot of people here who are Jets fans who've never even lived in New York?

NYC the last 13 years.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Yes. Does it matter though? After 30 something years now NJ should count as well. They've actually been in NJ longer than they were in NY now.

Also, can't tell you how many people I've met who are around 10-15 years older than me that are fans of the Cowboys, Steelers or Raiders because they were great in the 70's. Very few ever lived in those respective towns. Here in South Alabama there's a ton of Packer fans. I asked a guy from Mobile one time why that was, I assumed it was because of the snowbirds. Nope, it was because for whatever reason back in the day the Packers were the team that was on TV here on Sundays. Why is Notre Dame very likely the most popular CFB team in the NYC area? Probably has to do with the Catholic thing but the school is in Indiana. Also seem to remember my dad telling me they were on local TV/radio back then too. There's a scene in Sopranos where it's on the local radio. 

I don't think it "matters" but it's definitely an interesting poll.  I also have an innate bias against NY'ers who root for a non-NY team (unless they have a damn good reason).  Is what it is.

33 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

NYC the last 13 years.

I don't think it "matters" but it's definitely an interesting poll.  I also have an innate bias against NY'ers who root for a non-NY team (unless they have a damn good reason).  Is what it is.

Me and my step brother both grew up in the same house in Morris County. We're also only 5 days apart. He likes the Packers, Lakers and White Sox. The only non-area team I root for is Notre Dame. It's weird. 

5 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Yes. Does it matter though?

No not really. Just curious and making conversation.

5 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Also, can't tell you how many people I've met who are around 10-15 years older than me that are fans of the Cowboys, Steelers or Raiders because they were great in the 70's.

That makes sense. As someone whose only mildly interested in NFL in the first place I tend to just gravitate towards teams/players that are doing exceptionally well at the time. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a bandwagoner. 

18 minutes ago, Nolder said:

No not really. Just curious and making conversation.

That makes sense. As someone whose only mildly interested in NFL in the first place I tend to just gravitate towards teams/players that are doing exceptionally well at the time. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a bandwagoner. 

Fair enough. Think it's why my brother likes the teams he does. When I was a kid there were plenty of 49ers Starter jackets. Now? Not so much.