Merged Becton Injury Thread

johnnyjet

6 minutes ago, SeattleJet said:

#Jets OT Mekhi Becton’s knee injury is more concerning than the team originally believed following practice today, sources tell me and @RapSheet. It’s a new injury and unrelated to his previous knee injury. Becton has additional medical appointments tomorrow to get more clarity.

I do not like this one little bit.  After a few years of not being on the field I may at some point become a tad less optimistic.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Better get Brown signed ASAP

Brown is a LT though, and we'd need to move Fant to RT where he has been so-so.  Ideally, we get a RT or swing guy.  Is Peters still out there?  He goes ... both ways ... I believe?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If they are concerned about the mri then good chance he is out for more then a few weeks.

was really pulling for him to get back from last year and turn it around.

just sucks but it happens and move on.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It is what it is. Move on now. Who are the top Tackles coming out in 2023? Love love love Sauce, but I wish we drafted Ickey. 

Looks like we need to start, at least, looking at:

1. Peter Skoronski, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 310)

2. Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State (6-6, 315)

3. Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland (6-6, 288)

4. Zion Nelson, Miami (Fla.) (6-5, 311)

5. Dawand Jones, Ohio State (6-9, 370)

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Saleh should not have made any public statement like he did. Maybe he was directed to by Douglas? Becton is a turd but this paints the organization in a very bad light as far as injuries, again. 

Especially considering this is the second time he’s done this same thing with Becton specifically. That said, this whole “actually it’s a different injury than what we thought this afternoon” sounds like cleanup. Jets are a mess.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Brown is 37. Not loving this

Just need him for one season.  He started 17 games and made the pro bowl last year.  As long as he does not fall off a cliff this season, he is probably the best option we have .

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

There’s no reason Brown shouldn’t be a Jet by tomorrow morning 

What a disaster this guy has been.

The Jets pretty much have to draft an OT in the 1st round next year.

Meanwhile, Wirfs has been an all pro

• Sad 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Especially considering this is the second time he’s done this same thing with Becton specifically. That said, this whole “actually it’s a different injury than what we thought this afternoon” sounds like cleanup. Jets are a mess.

It’s funny how it’s very minor semantics with word choice can make a huge difference. Not “there isn’t any structural damage” but “the on field physical tests didn’t reveal any structural damage”. Needs to be better at mostly saying nothing.

I can’t imagine the way Becton handled last year’s injury gave the staff any reason to believe he’s not babying his body, but definitely a bad look.

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Brown is 37. Not loving this

And played 17 games last year at 36

Becton is early 20s and can’t make it through camp or a season. 

Sometimes guys got it and some guys don’t. Brown has proven reliability and durability 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

I was fine with drafting Becton, but in hindsight, what a bigtime f*ck up taking him over Wirfs.

I'm seriously hoping the 2020 draft was JD aligned with an awful HC and deferring to the players Gase preferred. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, SeattleJet said:

#Jets OT Mekhi Becton’s knee injury is more concerning than the team originally believed following practice today, sources tell me and @RapSheet. It’s a new injury and unrelated to his previous knee injury. Becton has additional medical appointments tomorrow to get more clarity.

Last year was a patella dislocation and probably a cartilage injury.   They say this is different but not how its different.  They way his knee buckled in that video youve got to worry about an ACL or tibial plateau fracture.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This is literally cartoonish with the kid at this point! 

At least Wile E. Coyote could get up at the end after being crushed by a rock and be ready to go for next week's episode.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

• Lith changed the title to Merged Becton Injury Thread