Merged Becton Injury Thread

Counting on him this year was always a mistake.  Guys that take 9 months on a 6 week injury shouldn't be counted on.

Sure we could have hoped - would have been great, but it was, IMO, always a long shot to him to play this season.

Jets will be fine with Brown, but have to go get him.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I'm seriously hoping the 2020 draft was JD aligned with an awful HC and deferring to the players Gase preferred. 

Hopefully 

That was also before he completely cleaned out the scouting department and installed his own guys.

I have high hopes for the 2021/2022 classes, but 2020 will go down as just as sh*tty as anything Macc or Idzik put together.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The Jets' doctors/trainers are stupid. No wonder why Becton didn't seem to trust them.

Also, he's done as a Jet. If JD has any sense of mercy he'll trade Becton. Maybe a change of scenery will be the shock he needs to get his sh*t together and get healthy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Hopefully 

That was also before he completely cleaned out the scouting department and installed his own guys.

I have high hopes for the 2021/2022 classes, but 2020 will go down as just as sh*tty as anything Macc or Idzik put together.

OL was allegedly JD's scouting 'specialty'.  Becton was 100% his doing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Counting on him this year was always a mistake.  Guys that take 9 months on a 6 week injury shouldn't be counted on.

Sure we could have hoped - would have been great, but it was, IMO, always a long shot to him to play this season.

Jets will be fine with Brown, but have to go get him.

I am a pro-JD guy but he absolutely sh!t the bed with the OT situation in 2022. He did a much better job going into 2021 with healthy (at the time) trio of Fant, Becton, and Moses. Becton should have been treated as a luxury option with bookend tackles already on the roster. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

And played 17 games last year at 36

Becton is early 20s and can’t make it through camp or a season. 

Sometimes guys got it and some guys don’t. Brown has proven reliability and durability 

Watch him get signed and get injured. This is how it goes for this team. Name me an important player on the Jets that didn't  miss time to injury.  

I can't  believe Becton hurt a different part of his knee. I bet this was an ACL or MCL. 

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The Jets' doctors/trainers are stupid. No wonder why Becton didn't seem to trust them.

Also, he's done as a Jet. If JD has any sense of mercy he'll trade Becton. Maybe a change of scenery will be the shock he needs to get his sh*t together and get healthy.

Becton's trade value is literally rock bottom now. 

You're talking a conditional 5th at best, even with JDs skills. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Sounds plausible. Until you realize that he then used his next year’s 1st round pick, 2nd overall, on Zach Wilson. 

I mean…what else was he supposed to do?

Stick with Darnold, who clearly sucks at this point?

Is anyone thrilled with Trey Lance or Justin Fields so far?

Would anyone really want to hitch their wagon to a physically limited gamemanager like Mac Jones for the foreseeable future?

Zach may not end up panning out, but I’ll never fault Douglas for that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Here’s how little I know… I made fun of the Mann pick more than any of them (Morgan was close though) and he turned out to be the pick of the litter.

I actually don't think Bryce Hall is too, bad. (Yes, I know, he effectively got demoted when we signed DJ Reed and drafted Sauce, lol.)

But that's all I got.

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Becton's trade value is literally rock bottom now. 

You're talking a conditional 5th at best, even with JDs skills. 

This.

Unfortunately, IR is the best/only real option. Just because the fans want to trade him doesn’t mean he has a market. You can’t force it like in Madden.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Especially considering this is the second time he’s done this same thing with Becton specifically. That said, this whole “actually it’s a different injury than what we thought this afternoon” sounds like cleanup. Jets are a mess.

Seriously this is just ******* bizarre.

Anyways this was always coming when we picked the boom or bust tackle over the boom or boom. What a debacle.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, NewGuyJet said:

Brown is a LT though, and we'd need to move Fant to RT where he has been so-so.  Ideally, we get a RT or swing guy.  Is Peters still out there?  He goes ... both ways ... I believe?

Fant will be injured at some point in this season. He always is. Play him wherever