Merged Becton Injury Thread

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Becton is done for the year.  Lets move on.

Im leaving Fant at LT cause hes average at RT.  Im moving AVT to right tackle and plugging Herbig at RG.

Let AVT grow into dominance at RG. Sign Brown and play the Ts where they fit best 

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I actually don't think Bryce Hall is too, bad. (Yes, I know, he effectively got demoted when we signed DJ Reed and drafted Sauce, lol.)

But that's all I got.

Yeah, he’s not bad, I like him too. How funny is it though that we’re discussing whether Hall or Mann was the best pick that year?

seth meyers why are we doing this GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

It is what it is. Move on now. Who are the top Tackles coming out in 2023? Love love love Sauce, but I wish we drafted Ickey. 

Looks like we need to start, at least, looking at:

1. Peter Skoronski, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 310)

2. Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State (6-6, 315)

3. Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland (6-6, 288)

4. Zion Nelson, Miami (Fla.) (6-5, 311)

5. Dawand Jones, Ohio State (6-9, 370)

Don't. We have three pre-season games and 17 regular season games to discuss. Not doing the draft talk before the first snap of our preseason game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im leaving Fant at LT cause hes average at RT.  Im moving AVT to right tackle and plugging Herbig at RG.

Absolutely not. Sign Duane Brown (who has played LT his whole career) and move Fant to RT (even though Fant doesn't think he plays as well there). Don't mess with the trio of Tomlinson-McGovern-AVT

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s pretty much it for him as a starting tackle for the Jets if he’s gone a full year.  What a disaster.

I doubt it's  a full season. He walked off on his own but the rest of camp and 2 regular season games is a definite  possibility.  Congrats Becton, you are officially  injury prone. 

7 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I am a pro-JD guy but he absolutely sh!t the bed with the OT situation in 2022. He did a much better job going into 2021 with healthy (at the time) trio of Fant, Becton, and Moses. Becton should have been treated as a luxury option with bookend tackles already on the roster. 

Well…whatever happened to a certain poster with Thank you JD, Thank you.   JD, until we win, is a very losing GM, well below 500. 

Better as of late but i am fukking tired of our 1st and 2nd round busts.  Ducasse will have had a better career than Becton at this point. 

400 pounds most of the year….  But a helluva gamer.  Videos I mean. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why are you so deadset on shuffling AVT around?

We just met with a dude who is coming off his 5th pro-bowl appearance at LT and has only missed 4 games in the last 4 years.

You put him at LT, move Fant back to the right where he’s at least serviceable and leave the interior alone. This isn’t that difficult.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, this is devastating  to the teams development and you think this is a joke?

I think the Jets are the joke in this instance for actually relying on this guy.

Every negative development about Becton has been so predictable.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Well…whatever happened to a certain poster with Thank you JD, Thank you.   JD, until we win, is a very losing GM, well below 500. 

Better as of late but i am fukking tired of our 1st and 2nd round busts.  Ducasse will have had a better career than Becton at this point. 

400 pounds most of the year….  But a helluva gamer.  Videos I mean. 

When he was tweeting about his Twitch stream and not his weight loss and rehab, I saw into the future. I was slightly wrong in that I didn't see him making it to a few practices. 

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Right, let's  have an injury to one player and change 2 spots on the OL. 

Fant goes back to RT unless we sign a RT. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think the Jets are the joke in this instance for actually relying on this guy.

Every negative development about Becton has been so predictable.

I didn't  see prediction he would have a new injury to his knee this season but whatever. I just think idiots celebrating  this should find a new team to root for. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

When he was tweeting about his Twitch stream and not his weight loss and rehab, I saw into the future. I was slightly wrong in that I didn't see him making it to a few practices. 

Ive been VERY negative on him.  A year off and he shows up way overweight……. But the kool aid fans support him.  

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Right, let's  have an injury to one player and change 2 spots on the OL. 

Fant goes back to RT unless we sign a RT. 

Anything to promote the notion that Joe Douglas is infallible and every decision he makes eventually works out. 

It's like a disease....

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If AVT can handle himself at RT I think this would be ideal scenario

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

The Anti-JD out in full force tonight... until he signs Brown in the next few days and then they will go back into their dungeons again.

He thought he was smarter than everybody else and picked this scrub instead of Wirfs. He deserves the criticism. Anybody still trying to massage that pick into "the right decision at the time" needs to give it up. Wirfs was the pick, and the o-line expert set us back by at least one high pick and two ******* years with his little experiment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I pray that he's either really good, or really bad. God help us if he's smack dab in between.

I'm afraid that he's going to play better, but not take a huge leap this year where it is obvious that he is the guy.

We're going to end the year with Saleh saying that he sees growth in practice and in meeting isn't quite coming out on the field yet. This board is going to melt down because Saleh has said multiple times that you've got to give a player three years. Meaning, we're heading into 2023 with ZW still being an unknown.

I think Zach will be the guy into the future, but I just see him coming out of the year "in between."

• Sympathy 1