Merged Becton Injury Thread

25 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The dude was pushing 400 lbs all year till about 2 months ago and he's probably only down to 370. This was bound to happen. Unless he loses 50lbs, I'm not sure how he ever gets on the field again. 

NFL games are won and lost in large part in the off season.  

It was lunacy to expect a guy who was grossly out of shape until June do a crash course and try and get it for late July camp.   His body was never going to adapt or get in the right conditioning.  Everything was weaker because he basically did not eat for the last 6 weeks.

We own him on a guaranteed contract through 2023.  We might as well keep trying to fundamentally change his body and conditioning and try and use him, now as a swing T next year.  Maybe we can get a comp pick.  The Jets will never invest in his.

But on the flip side, if we want to raise cap space by trading Corey Davis, let someone have him and play Mims.  Maybe Mims can salvage that class.  

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

He thought he was smarter than everybody else and picked this scrub instead of Wirfs. He deserves the criticism. Anybody still trying to massage that pick into "the right decision at the time" needs to give it up. Wirfs was the pick, and the o-line expert set us back by at least one high pick and two ******* years with his little experiment. 

No he drafted for his HC.... Gase... I wanted Wirfs too.. But all those picks are not 100% on JD... it was on Gase as well. Plus he has proven his worth after that draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

How the **** does JD get away without having to answer for this absolutely abysmal reach of a pick. I've never heard a beat reporter take him to task on this. Incredible. 

You know why...

1660007277168.thumb.png.f11f62df54d569e19bc2d82bd7fde504.png

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This is very Jets.

And to those of you celebrating or laughing, GO F YO SELF

I don’t think any of us are celebrating, but some of us could see this sh*t coming from a mile away while everyone else wanted to bury their heads in the sand.

There’s still a part of this fanbase who refuse to acknowledge that this f*cking guy was overweight during the offseason.

• WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

The Jets found the football version of Kristaps Porzingis. Too big and too fragile. I've been positive and patient with Becton but I would not be surprised if he never plays another down for us. 

I mentioned in the scrimmage thread that Becton looked like he couldn't even move during warm-ups and stretching. He was either not healthy or not in shape or simply lazy. I don't know, but it stood out to me. 

• Haha 1

Just now, freestater said:

Maybe. But trying to justify that mistake endlessly can define a poster. 

I am not justifying his mistake... I said he should have drafted Wirfs... Thats who I wanted... and all his mistakes in his first year... move on.... since then he has been the best GM this franchise has seen in 20 years

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No he drafted for his HC.... Gase... I wanted Wirfs too.. But all those picks are not 100% on JD... it was on Gase as well. Plus he has proven his worth after that draft.

We know this to be untrue. 

Gase actually had talent for finding O Linemen. He helped draft Laremy Tunsil. So we know the Becton pick wasnt on him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

If it was going to happen its better that it did now and not next month.

Not sure i understand the Becton hate..  he may have been a bad pick but he was never an ass hole or did anything illegal..  he just is injury prone.

Tough break hope he gets past this even if his tenure with the Jets is over.

So many JD haters and Becton haters love this tonight... They won something I think... Thats how I understand it..

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

If it was going to happen its better that it did now and not next month.

Not sure i understand the Becton hate..  he may have been a bad pick but he was never an ass hole or did anything illegal..  he just is injury prone.

Tough break hope he gets past this even if his tenure with the Jets is over.

I guess the question is would he be so Injury prone if he was 50 lbs lighter year round ?

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I mean…what else was he supposed to do?

Stick with Darnold, who clearly sucks at this point?

Is anyone thrilled with Trey Lance or Justin Fields so far?

Would anyone really want to hitch their wagon to a physically limited gamemanager like Mac Jones for the foreseeable future?

Zach may not end up panning out, but I’ll never fault Douglas for that one.

I was half-joking. I like Zach a lot. Work ethic is there, and he loves football. It would be unfathomable for him to get into any real off the field trouble. Just a great kid. 

I have a lot of doubts about his ability though. 

As far as what I would've done, taken the offer the 49’ers gave to Miami. Brought in a solid journeyman like Minshew until the right rookie QB was available, and continued to build up the rest of the team. 

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

Its called reality. Something you're clearly unfamiliar with. 

Reality of what? You cheering an injury to a team you like?

That you think you are justified in saying that JD put together a horrible team and he is a horrible GM because he addressed all the other issues on the team hoping that his 11th pick in his first draft would try and not get injured... I fail to see what you think is reality in your mind?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

I was half-joking. I like Zach a lot. Work ethic is there, and he loves football. It would be unfathomable for him to get into any real off the field trouble. Just a great kid. 

I have a lot of doubts about his ability though. 

As far as what I would've done, taken the offer the 49’ers gave to Miami. Brought in a solid journeyman like Minshew until the right rookie QB was available, and continued to build up the rest of the team. 

No credible source has ever said there was an offer.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Skeptable said:

Reality of what? You cheering an injury to a team you like?

That you think you are justified in saying that JD put together a horrible team and he is a horrible GM because he address all the other issues on the team hoping that his 11th pick in his first draft would try and not get injured... I fail to see what you think is reality in your mind?

I'm saying the o-line expert sucks at drafting tackles. The evidence would bear that out. Unless you're deluded. 

• Thumb Down 1