Merged Becton Injury Thread

8 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Got it... You win... JD is the worst GM ... He definitely made the Jets worse and he should be fired for his delusional picks in his first draft.

Back to another year with 4 wins... Hope that the Jets can someday be as smart as you.

Maybe you should apply for the position

JD aside….  There are guys on this board, me included that could have done better than Mac and Idzik.  JD???   Jury’s out.  He is a well below 500 GM. Ill wait til we have 8 wins before I anoint him.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Hex said:

Playing in the NFL is this dude's dream job, and getting 2 season-ending injuries in a row (possibly) isn't going to do him any favors for the possibility of staying there. So yea, he's a multi-millionaire and probably won't get CTE, but he also won't be able to play, which is what I think he cares about the most. If he didn't, he would have already quit.

Thats the thing….   There are those who questioned his motivation. You show up at 400lbs to the thing you want most???  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Dude let me tell you all you need to know. Knock it off. For someone who reports a lot of posts, you shouldn't be celebrating just because a Jets player got hurt.

You called it? Great. 

People are allowed to root for the Jets here so that is great that you are Nostradamus. But the victory lap at the expense of other fans? Not going to happen.

The only posts I've ever reported are for racist or homophobic content. If someone calls me a doodyhead for holding a different football opinion, I take it in stride like a big boy. 

You think I'm celebrating? I'm not. This is awful and our GM should've seen it coming from a mile away. There was a very sizeable contigent who have been saying it all offseason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I went to bed thinking it was a week to week injury, then woke up to read this? That’s just f*cking great. I thought this season would show some promise with our young QB taking the next step towards elite status. Instead he’s going to be a tackling dummy. 4-13 here we come.

I went to bed thinking he'd be out for a year and woke up unsurprised 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Skeptable said:

This pretty much ends up being Brown signing tonight or tomorrow. And the fan base can calm down

and brown probably playing better than becton anyway. dude has shown himself to be nothing but a liability when pass blocking. sure he's a mountain of a man and can run block.......but his pass blocking isn't very good. becton's football career is likely over. its too bad because he had a world of potential, but sometimes a person's body sabotages them.....take andrew luck for instance

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Just read it was a chip fracture to the knee cap and a patellar injury. Good job medical staff. 

You're pissed at the medical staff because they didn't instantly diagnose it? God forbid it take more than 6 hours and a MRI to understand what's really wrong.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

E, can you expand on this a little bit? I’m interested in the thought that discipline, particularly in a team setting, might not ultimately be effective. As you know, my archetypal head coach was Bill Parcells, and his m.o. was all about discipline, cutting the head off the snake, etc, so my point of reference might be clearly outdated. Obviously, the Shanahans and McVays of the world are doing it differently, but I’m presuming that they do some sort of coercion to keep 53 players all in line. 

I am pretty skeptical of Saleh and company but it is a far reach to blame any of this on him or to compare anyone to Parcells.  This is a far different world we live in where any moral ambiguity is cleared up by some Karen in east bum**** North Carolina on twitter within minutes.  Parcells had no CBA to deal with, no cell phones, and no Karens to contend with but I digress.

Saleh practically begged him to come into the facility on camera in the spring.  Whether that would have helped or not debatable but he had the protection of the union.

My real blame is why they didnt address this in off season.  Those silly shows One Jets Drive with JD's draft triumphants going to look pretty silly in coming months they dont fix this.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

I am pretty skeptical of Saleh and company but it is a far reach to blame any of this on him or to compare anyone to Parcells.  This is a far different world we live in where any moral ambiguity is cleared up by some Karen in east bum**** North Carolina on twitter within minutes.  Parcells had no CBA to deal with, no cell phones, and no Karens to contend with but I digress.

Saleh practically begged him to come into the facility on camera in the spring.  Whether that would have helped or not debatable but he had the protection of the union.

My real blame is why they didnt address this in off season.  Those silly shows One Jets Drive with JD's draft triumphants going to look pretty silly in coming months they dont fix this.

What does moral ambiguity have to do with knowing how to motivate a variety of different players with different motivations?   You know the basic job of an NFL HC.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

What does moral ambiguity have to do with knowing how to motivate a variety of different players with different motivations?   You know the basic job of an NFL HC.  

its a new world out there Biggs, why dont you come on aboard and join us...be team player why dont you.

34 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Didn't  they say it was an unrelated injury?

Yes and no...  Unrelated in terms of not the same injury...  Related that the kneecap slipped and fractured it... 

They could have had surgery last season to prevent it but like most people they chose to not go surgery first and rehab instead. 

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

its a new world out there Biggs, why dont you come on aboard and join us...be team player why dont you.

Here's my positive spin.  With Becton out Lawson will not rupture his achiles running around him in TC this year.  He save enough miles running around a smaller circumference to play at least 3 games this year.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

??? the medical staff didn't cause the injury. it happened during practice

I'm sorry, if you have an injury and staff clears you to do something  and then you get another injury to the same part of your body that was previously injured,  the guy that told you it was fine has some responsibility in the whole thing. I mean it was the same knee cap.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

34 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I thought it was a kneecap tendon ... I guess well know soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Know what? They released the mri last night...  Now it's about a second opinion...  It's a fractured kneecap... Period stop.. Can he possibly play again this year...  Yes but not if he chooses to have the kneecap stabilized to prevent it from ever happening again

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Here's my positive spin.  With Becton out Lawson will not rupture his achiles running around him in TC this year.  He save enough miles running around a smaller circumference to play at least 3 games this year.  

my positive spin is the Jets cafeteria is going to save a fortune.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Know what? They released the mri last night...  Now it's about a second opinion...  It's a fractured kneecap... Period stop.. Can he possibly play again this year...  Yes but not if he chooses to have the kneecap stabilized to prevent it from ever happening again

A little rough - no?

@Dunnie was simply stating he thought tendon. Maybe he did not see the report.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

??? the medical staff didn't cause the injury. it happened during practice

I think the point is it sounds very similar to last years injury? I don’t know, I do just know it’s likely Becton will never amount to the decade long starter we drafted  him to be, Shame. 

• Upvote 1

The big issue is that Duane brown doesn't fix the issue.  He is more of a depth piece incase people get hurt.  He is not good enough to start the whole year anymore but could get you through a pinch.  I could see a bigger trade happening here for Dillard as well as signing brown. But that will cost him some draft capital. 

It will be interesting to see how he solves this issue but don't expect brown to be the only signing.  There will be something else as they were already planning on brown signing with becton healthy

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think the point is it sounds very similar to last years injury? I don’t know, I do just know it’s likely Becton will never amount to the decade long starter we drafted  him to be, Shame. 

The article I posted earlier from the sports doctor explains why it's not the same but related to the previous injury. 

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/167411-merged-becton-injury-thread/?do=findComment&comment=5400976

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it won't the first time a team loses their starting tackle in training camp.  plug another guy in there and get him ready.

Not sure if it was in training camp but didn't the Bengals lose their starting OT last year?  The parallels between these teams are startling!