Merged Becton Injury Thread

Mekhi-Becton-1-scaled.jpg

One of the Jets biggest training camp nightmares came true at Florham Park today.  Starting tackle Mekhi Becton fell to the turf and clutched his surgically repaired knee before limping off the field.

Becton had been fussing with his knee earlier during OL drills. Didn’t seem right, limping through light drills. Put on a brace last Friday. Now he’s in the locker room. https://t.co/dctQ20y5js

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) August 8, 2022

Head coach Robert Saleh said after practice that the knee was “stable” and he’d hoped it wouldn’t be serious as the team awaits an MRI.

Jets fans are of course hoping to avoid a repeat of last season when Becton missed the entire season after it was reported he would miss 4-6 weeks.

With the injury to Becton, the Jets are sure to ramp up their efforts to add veteran offensive tackle Duane Brown.  The Jets hosted Brown during their Green and White scrimmage a couple of days ago.  Jets brass at all levels reportedly met with Brown during the practice, from GM Joe Douglas, Saleh, and Rex Hogan along with owner Woody Johnson.  If the Jets hadn’t offered Brown what he wanted a few days ago, they might have to now.

The post Becton Re-Injures Surgically Repaired Knee; Saleh Says Knee is “Stable”, MRI Pending appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You can be in excellent shape and still have discomfort, T0m.

I mean, I’m ready to turn the page in this guy completely, but there’s enough to criticize without leaping into logical fallacy. 

I meant it in terms of going from “rolled up on” to “actually, it’s discomfort.” Exasperation by me in the moment. I have a sh*tty knee and I totally sympathize with overuse discomfort

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not sure I believe that "Jet fans hope for the worst" is really a thing.  If anything, maybe some Jet fans feel beaten down and they deal with it by always expecting the worst (and maybe laugh at it as a way of dealing with the situation).  But that doesn't mean that they're rooting for the worst.  

You may be right, I have my doubts. Regardless, I am optimistic about the team this year. I'll focus on all the positives - it's been quite a while since we've seen a Jets team with some real talent on it. Becton makes this team better, I'll hope for a good prognosis and expect our GM to have a fallback plan just in case. LOL, look 3 posts prior to this one, kinda makes my point.

27 minutes ago, TexJet said:

No Kool Aid, just not jumping to conclusions and acting like a complete ass, which is the case with too many folks around here. Enjoy your day.

When you hate enough players on the teams, balanced fans look like kool aid drinkers.

The haters are having their moment. Too much PVO has been eating at them.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Besides the injury Becton getting dragged like that by JFM is not a good look, like wtf dude you are 400 pounds go and knock some f’in heads off!

Better than getting dragged like Jon Feliciano at Giants practice today.  Looks like the guy is dead.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

It’s not about hating Becton he is the most unreliable player on the team at one of the most important positions. He is a walking train wreck. Nothing but a huge distraction and detriment to the O-line. 

This is right.  Maybe he can settle in and eventually get that knee fixed and get into proper shape necessary to maintain a 17 game schedule.  But for now the Jets need to move on - I'm not even suggesting cutting the kid - keep him here - keep working with him -

But as you stated, right now he's just not reliable at a position where reliability is far too important.  That OL working in unison in this offense is vital.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

this does suck. but i have no regrets about not drafting one early. i would not trade Sause, Wilson, JJ or Hall for any OL that was available at those slots because OL are a dime a dozen. you can always find a good replacement.

and guess what we have one already here. what perfect timing that Brown is here. sign him up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1