Merged Becton Injury Thread

33 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Question for anyone who understands knees - does a brace like Becton is wearing help much with dislocated knee caps?  I thought braces like this were mostly to protect things like ACL's.  Not saying it would hurt, but just asking if the brace actually helps Becton given the injury he had.  Thanks.

If it's  the metal brace I wore some 30 years ago, it give you lateral stability. You really have to do something  violent to get hurt, lime getting pancaked by a nearly 300 lb DT. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, munchmemory said:

I hear you, Matt.  I just don't believe we ever got the real story, no matter what they tell fans and the media.

I dont believe we’ve ever gotten the true story on how high maintenance this player truly is either/

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

pretty sure his ass is the source.

I know ;)

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This happened with Gase too against the Broncos. The coaches think he’s full of sh*t. If they didn’t they would have pulled him from practice.

It was rhetorical, lol.

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

He’s been resting for almost a year. 

I have rehabbed from major lower body injuries.  You don't  come back 100% from them and it takes years to feel close to a point where you just aren't  thinking about it. My ankle still gives me trouble nearly 40 years after I injured it and I'm  not on a football field trying to push around 300 LB lineman 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I have rehabbed from major lower body injuries.  You don't  come back 100% from them and it takes years to feel close to a point where you just aren't  thinking about it. My ankle still gives me trouble nearly 40 years after I injured it and I'm  not on a football field trying to push around 300 LB lineman 

You're also not 23 with a multi million dollar athletic training program behind you. 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I think it's possible that all three of the following are possible: 

1. The Jets medical staff are dumb and made a mistake with their initial evaluation and recovery timeline.

2. The injury was much more serious than some want to believe. 

3. Becton has done himself no favors with personal conditioning and has hurt his own recovery time.

I can live with this appraisal.  Nice work, Spoot.

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Experts estimate that for every 1 pound you weigh, your knees feel the force of 3 pounds of pressure when you take a step. —So losing 10 pounds will result in 30 pounds less pressure per knee.

Becton has more pressure on his knees than the San Andreas fault

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I hear you, Matt.  I just don't believe we ever got the real story, no matter what they tell fans and the media.

He was laid up, dogged the rehab, waited too long to try and get back in shape, came in at 397, crash-dieted away 30 pounds and thought he could fake it until he made it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was laid up, dogged the rehab, waited too long to try and get back in shape, came in at 397, crash-dieted away 30 pounds and thought he could fake it until he made it. 

I'm sorry, T0m. I was wrong about Becton.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

As a 23 year old professional athlete?

• Upvote 1