Jets Sign OT Caleb Benenoch

Lith

Spent last season on Saints practice squad.  Likely a camp body who will have a chance to make the roster.  With Becton and McDermott banged up and Fant on a pitch count, we probably needed a body for practice and pre-season games.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Spent last season on Saints practice squad.  Likely a camp body who will have a chance to make the roster.  With Becton and McDermott banged up and Fant on a pitch count, we probably needed a body for practice and pre-season games.

Wait. You said this guy has allowed more sacks/hits than game started. 

If this guy is a camp body lobbying for starter then I'm gonna need to talk to my therapist! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PorP said:

Wait. You said this guy has allowed more sacks/hits than game started. 

If this guy is a camp body lobbying for starter then I'm gonna need to talk to my therapist! 

Not promising I agree but he is only 28, a big body and that jersey number

• Upvote 1

Since the roster is full, there will have to be a corresponding move - someone released or someone going on the injured list

Could be my boy Derrick Kelley - tryout signee out of Florida State  - or maybe a defensive player like recently-signed CB Luq Barcoo.  Maybe DE Bradley Anae, who I like but is caught up in a major numbers game at DE

8 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Since the roster is full, there will have to be a corresponding move - someone released or someone going on the injured list

Could be my boy Derrick Kelley - tryout signee out of Florida State  - or maybe a defensive player like recently-signed CB Luq Barcoo.  Maybe DE Bradley Anae, who I like but is caught up in a major numbers game at DE

Well i'd like to believe it's someone whose value is questionable to the team....

But i have been a fan for 36 years.... so. ..

Now speed dialing therapist. 

3 hours ago, Lith said:

The fact that in 2022 the Jets still need OT depth "in a bad way" is unreal.  The season hasn't even started yet and the Jets might only have a recovering Fant (currently on a pitch count) and Edoga with both Becton and McDermott injured.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

The fact that in 2022 the Jets still need OT depth "in a bad way" is unreal.  The season hasn't even started yet and the Jets might only have a recovering Fant (currently on a pitch count) and Edoga with both Becton and McDermott injured.  

Injuries can be a real derailing mother plucker. 2005. 2007 - Adrian Clarke. 2011- Colin Baxter, 2016- losing Mangold 1/2 the season. Someone will shake loose. 

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This is gonna be Edoga's year. I can feel it!

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Good find. Finding a player worse than McDermott and Edoga couldn't have been easy. 

Maybe the goal is to make McDermott and Edoga look like preferable options.