Edoga or McDermott, who do you want to start?

who's your favorite (lol)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. who's your favorite (lol)

• Edoga
    • McDermott

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

#Depression

7 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Didn't McDermott get carted off at the green and white scrimmage? 

Forgot about that tbh. Is it bad that I'm more hopeful about our fourth rounder who's never been on an NFL field before?

11 hours ago, freestater said:

Yet will be more productive than your man, Big Bust 

The idea here being that because the Jets had a big question mark at right tackle they should’ve taken a guy who’s going to be a backup offensive lineman on a team with a bad OL because he can’t pass protect instead of a guy who looks like he’s going to be a very good corner?

Jets should’ve signed legitimate veteran OL insurance sooner. Ekwonu’s early pass protection struggles are exactly why he didn’t make sense at 4.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, derp said:

The idea here being that because the Jets had a big question mark at right tackle they should’ve taken a guy who’s going to be a backup offensive lineman on a team with a bad OL because he can’t pass protect instead of a guy who looks like he’s going to be a very good corner?

Jets should’ve signed legitimate veteran OL insurance sooner. Ekwonu’s early pass protection struggles are exactly why he didn’t make sense at 4.

I agree that a FA RT should've been the plan. I really disliked letting Moses walk. If Mitchell turns out to be a good, serviceable RT, I'll praise JD for it when due. Until that, or another move, I cannot imagine anyone being content with our tackle situation.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

I agree that a FA RT should've been the plan. I really disliked letting Moses walk. If Mitchell turns out to be a good, serviceable RT, I'll praise JD for it when due. Until that, or another move, I cannot imagine anyone being content with our tackle situation.

Haha!

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, freestater said:

I get wanting Moses back but I don’t think it was as simple as letting him walk. I imagine he would’ve needed significantly more money to be a backup for the Jets than start for a better team in an area he’s lived most of his life (VA high school->UVA->Redskins).

They certainly should’ve tried harder to find this year’s Moses earlier. There are still guys out there too.

48 minutes ago, freestater said:

Who is content?  They have been bringing guys in all the time.  They had an offer out to Reiff.  Did you really want to pay Reiff $10M?  If we are going to spend that much I'd probably prefer to drop it on Duane Brown who they had in.

10 minutes ago, derp said:

I get wanting Moses back but I don’t think it was as simple as letting him walk. I imagine he would’ve needed significantly more money to be a backup for the Jets than start for a better team in an area he’s lived most of his life (VA high school->UVA->Redskins).

They certainly should’ve tried harder to find this year’s Moses earlier. There are still guys out there too.

I think they were hoping that Reiff would take that slot, but he got a ton of money.  I agree they would have probably wanted Moses back for what the Ravens paid, but you can't force a guy to sign with you.   I assume they will pay Brown a little more than they had hoped and roll with whoever is healthy on the other side.

The board does not seem to realize that we are complaining about our #4 and #5 tackles here.  You can't just sign everybody you want or expect solid NFL starting experiencer 3 or 4 deep at every position. 

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who is content?  They have been bringing guys in all the time.  They had an offer out to Reiff.  Did you really want to pay Reiff $10M?  If we are going to spend that much I'd probably prefer to drop it on Duane Brown who they had in.

I think they were hoping that Reiff would take that slot, but he got a ton of money.  I agree they would have probably wanted Moses back for what the Ravens paid, but you can't force a guy to sign with you.   I assume they will pay Brown a little more than they had hoped and roll with whoever is healthy on the other side.

The board does not seem to realize that we are complaining about our #4 and #5 tackles here.  You can't just sign everybody you want or expect solid NFL starting experiencer 3 or 4 deep at every position. 

Yeah, I think the board largely overstates how obvious the tackle depth problem is relative to the rest of the league. The Jets’ third tackle situation was probably comparable to what the Chargers have at starting RT, and they aspire to contend for a Super Bowl.

I also think it’s not terribly hard to find short term veteran competence at tackle - they’ve done it before and there are still guys out there. It’s the longer term answers that are harder.

Wish they’d gone to the well on the OL in the mid-late rounds a little more the last couple years rather than vet backups. Very little pipeline and I think it’s led to the need to go the veteran route consistently - which is steady and good short term but lacks upside.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, derp said:

Yeah, I think the board largely overstates how obvious the tackle depth problem is relative to the rest of the league. The Jets’ third tackle situation was probably comparable to what the Chargers have at starting RT, and they aspire to contend for a Super Bowl.

I also think it’s not terribly hard to find short term veteran competence at tackle - they’ve done it before and there are still guys out there. It’s the longer term answers that are harder.

Wish they’d gone to the well on the OL in the mid-late rounds a little more the last couple years rather than vet backups. Very little pipeline and I think it’s led to the need to go the veteran route consistently - which is steady and good short term but lacks upside.

Yeah.  I get what you are saying, but they have been carrying Edoga who was a 3rd, took Clark and Mitchell.  I doubt anybody around here would be particularly happy if they had a mid-rounder and were hoping they'd step up.  Say a Matt Peart.  The board would still be clamoring to sign Duane Brown and once that was done, yelling for Fisher to play the other side.  Hopefully MItchell will be the start of that "pipeline" and they will start churning some mid-rounders the way the teams like the Steelers generally do.

14 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He shouldn't have been signed as a backup.

Being realistic, absolute best case for Moses would’ve been competing with Becton not walking into a starting job - and Baltimore being a better team in a better location is significant too.

• 2 weeks later...

Edoga is a bum; in the sense that he’s coasted this far on tantalizing talent alone, and has NOT improved his play nor his technique, from what I’ve seen, in what is now entering his 4th year. There’s no bulb to begin with, so I HIGHLY DOUBT the “light will come on” and he becomes, at minimum, a pro professional who can contribute as a backup, let alone validate his grossly over-reach status of a 3rd Round pick. Thanks Maccaggnanan  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

He needs a year in an NFL weight room. He has the arms of a bowler. He put up 1 more bench press rep than Michael Carter (RB) in the Combine. He'll get mauled out there.

Sorry didn't see your post lol... Actually didn't read that far down the thread yet lol...