What is your level of excitement as of today?

How excited are you as of today in light of the Becton issue  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about the team?

• Not at all, but this is how I felt all year
    • Feel the same as I fully expected this to happen
    • Feel the same because I will soon be saying Thank You JD, Thank You
    • All gas and no breaks

The same. Becton could've taken the OL to the top tier if he stayed healthy, but this should still be a good OL regardless - this is not a backbreaking injury. When Lawson got hurt last year, you knew it was going to be felt all year long. I don't feel that way about the Becton injury. 

• Upvote 3

I feel it’s a kick in the nuts. I was on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt, not to say injures are a players fault - they’re not. A starting caliber tackle needs to be brought in now( they don’t exactly grow on trees)- so no, not feeling real good at all. That said- they’re not canceling the season so….. Let’s ******* go!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Injuries happen to every team. Nothing has changed in my expectations.

I feel the same way.  It's one thing for a team to lose a FQB but a team should be able to overcome the loss of an OT, especially this early on.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

A bit deflated.  

I loved the kid but had gotten off the bandwagon when he showed up to OTA's at 400 pounds.  He had shown us who he is and similar to Mims these guys almost never turnout.  Not a bad guy, but a lazy undisciplined immature slob - and I say that objectively without malice. 

I'm very disappointed but not shocked that a guy who was overweight and underconditioned had to overstrain and his musculoskeletal system couldn't handle it.  Had he been 345 pounds I doubt any of this happens.  

JD has done almost everything right after the 2020 draft but man that's an Idzikian draft class. 

Duane Brown will make me feel better.  But it says a lot that he's 37 and he's still available at this point.  How athletic is a 37 year old going to be to zone block.  But it'll still be a huge upgrade to Mcdermott and Edoga.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

40 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Same. Wasn't ever expecting Becton to play a full season. It's all on Zach either way. 

I was pretty optimistic based on the reports of Zac's play to this point.  Losing a starter at any position hurts and we were hoping Becton would be throwing bodies around this year at an All Pro level, but Id rather have a good QB and questionable RT play than the other way around.  Every team has injuries and will have to cope.  Its early enough for Douglas to find a solution.

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

A bit deflated.  

I loved the kid but had gotten off the bandwagon when he showed up to OTA's at 400 pounds.  He had shown us who he is and similar to Mims these guys almost never turnout.  Not a bad guy, but a lazy undisciplined immature slob - and I say that objectively without malice. 

You could be right about Mims, but at least he's come to camp in great shape with the right mind set...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The Becton injury has really pulled me back into reality.  I thought this season was going to be a step in the right direction. So what says you. 

Same as before. Still Good. Need to get Duane Brown signed asap, on a 2 year deal. 

Fant was good enough at LT, and Brown is a massive step up from either Fant, Moses, or any of the other turds at backup OL. 

I thought Becton was going to have issues before we even drafted him, and here we are, Season 3 and 17 total games played..... 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, slats said:

A little dampened today, but I expect the OL to be taken care of. There are players available, and the Jets have assets to spend. 

Yep. 

If I'm camparing pre'TC to today..... I actually feel more confident. 

We have at least some evidence that Lawson is still a monster,  it looks like ZW did progress some. Sauce is worth the hype and beast hall could be a beast. There just seems to be a lot of good news from camp this year (Becton excluded obviously) 

I'll take all that stuff over sweating the RT's name. 

• Upvote 1