What is your level of excitement as of today?

How excited are you as of today in light of the Becton issue  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about the team?

• Not at all, but this is how I felt all year
    • Feel the same as I fully expected this to happen
    • Feel the same because I will soon be saying Thank You JD, Thank You
    • All gas and no breaks

1 hour ago, PorP said:

Yep. 

If I'm camparing pre'TC to today..... I actually feel more confident. 

We have at least some evidence that Lawson is still a monster,  it looks like ZW did progress some. Sauce is worth the hype and beast hall could be a beast. There just seems to be a lot of good news from camp this year (Becton excluded obviously) 

I'll take all that stuff over sweating the RT's name. 

Would've been nice to watch Breece run behind AVT and a healthy Becton.  Oh well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Teams with franchise QBs overcome them. Not ones with QBs still unknown and or developing. This is huge if O line becomes a problem this season. 

Agreed…..  we have a rookie HC that last year showed he was a rookie, a QB that no expert would put  in the top 20 in the NFL so basically he is a bottom 3rd QB and we have busted draft classes from 2020 back with a few minor exceptions.   I expect 6 wins at best.   

• Upvote 2

I'm not down, but a bit worried. It seemed very likely that Becton would miss time this year, that's why I was crying for the Jets to grab at OT in the 2nd round of the draft.  Mitchell was a nice pick...maybe he can step up?

Jets really need two OT now, a starter at RT and a decent swing tackle unless Mitchell develops fast.  Fant is not likely to be able to start all 17 games, and Edoga and McDermott aren't the answer.

This is a sh*tshow .. everyone and their mother knew IK was the pick ... but here we are .. next man up ... unfortunately we cannot hold ZW out of these games as that revolving right tackle spot gets figured out or not. Wilson should be given a 1.8 second mandate to get the ball out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The injury gods require a sacrifice. Let us  bow and pray that it will suffice  and they will spare us the dreaded injury virus to the team that we have suffered with yearly...  Hopefully the pain stops here...better this happened now...

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Never expected Becton to play this season so I’m ok

I guess a bit of a spin on this. Was rooting for the kid, feel bad for the kid but can't say I'm any more surprised about it than I am  waking up hangry every day. Tomorrow is another day. Let's see what it brings. 

Honestly, not sure where I'm landing here with this poll.

Very sad for Mekhi. Two years in a row with a broken knee is tough for anyone, let alone professional athletes. This is prolly the end of his career. That's kind of bumming me out a bit.

I'm not sure how much RT will make a difference given the rest of the line is still decent. I'm not sure how much this moves the needle. Vegas still has this team at 5.5 wins I believe (I was hoping for 8), I don't think their fortunes change too much, especially if they sign Brown.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Saleh doesn’t get to six wins this season, the best he can do it tie Adam Gase’s wins total from his two-year run here, and Saleh will have had two extra games to do it. 

The way this is phrased, it almost sounds like a defense of Adam Gase (if X happens then Gase won the same number of games in 2 fewer attempts!)

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Saleh doesn’t get to six wins this season, the best he can do it tie Adam Gase’s wins total from his two-year run here, and Saleh will have had two extra games to do it. 

If Saleh gets to 12 wins this year he would have the most wins by any HC in over 20 years.

What's your point?

That Breece Hall for OROTY bet I placed a few months ago took a bit of a hit, but other than that no real change. This isn't a 4x all-pro we're losing. Yes, it's frustrating to waste potential and a high draft pick, but both of those are meaningless on the field in 2023. The last time he showed flashes of brilliance was 2 calendar years ago, and even then it wasn't consistent. The OL was fine in the second half last year without Mekhi. 

Most importantly for the team: his absence isn't going to affect Zach in any substantial way. They've never played a full game together, and I don't really recall Mekhi being significantly better than replacement in pass pro. The run game is the only place we'll miss him, and again, the replacement will do enough to compensate.

Thinking back over the last few weeks about the things that I was making myself excited for, Mekhi wasn't really a factor in any of it, so really - I'm feeling about the same.

I like a lot of the players on this roster, much more so than the last few years. Was never a Becton fan so him missing the season doesn’t change anything. 

Bigger picture, the offensive line is shaky, Zach had a historically bad rookie season that few if any QB’s have overcome, I’m not sold on Saleh, and the schedule before the bye is brutal.

Hope I’m wrong but this looks like another last place team to me. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The way this is phrased, it almost sounds like a defense of Adam Gase (if X happens then Gase won the same number of games in 2 fewer attempts!)

Reminder:  T0m was with SAR in the "Gase is an excellent Head Coach and shouldn't be fired" camp.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1