Friday Pre-Season Game #1 - Philadelphia Eagles - 7:30 PM

20 hours ago, rtnelson said:

How much do we want to see Breece Hall in the preseason?  We know RBs take a beating in this league.  I'm not sure I want to see him too much at risk.  From all accounts his versatility and explosivness will be a huge asset to this team.

Sit him.  The Chargers never risked LT in preseason for years.

Let Perine handle 20 touches.

Would like to see Bam Knight though.

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sit him.  The Chargers never risked LT in preseason for years.

Let Perine handle 20 touches.

Would like to see Bam Knight though.

No, no, no.  These kids need to play football.  You cant put them out there on September 11th against real bullets if they havent taken any practice ones.  Thats even more dangerous.  

This is a team of young kids.  LET THEM PLAY!!!!!!!!!

This fear of injuries is a weak mindset for a young team.  They should play 2 or 3 series tonight depending on how series 1 goes.

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No, no, no.  These kids need to play football.  You cant put them out there on September 11th against real bullets if they havent taken any practice ones.  Thats even more dangerous.  

This is a team of young kids.  LET THEM PLAY!!!!!!!!!

This fear of injuries is a weak mindset for a young team.  They should play 2 or 3 series tonight depending on how series 1 goes.

I agree.  there is always the fear of an injury, but if they don't take the hits now, who knows what happens in-season.  As an avid 1JD watcher, I also watched Hard Knocks this week (man that coach cracks me up).  what a difference!  I mean all these Jets fans talking on here about "sacks" and YAC and YPA and stuff at TC - the Jets basically blow the whistle as soon as any defender is near the WR/TE/RB/etc.  so there is no way to tell if they break free and get a nice run.  the Lions?  holy crap they were beating the living snot out of each other.  that team will be ready for the season.

33 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree.  there is always the fear of an injury, but if they don't take the hits now, who knows what happens in-season.  As an avid 1JD watcher, I also watched Hard Knocks this week (man that coach cracks me up).  what a difference!  I mean all these Jets fans talking on here about "sacks" and YAC and YPA and stuff at TC - the Jets basically blow the whistle as soon as any defender is near the WR/TE/RB/etc.  so there is no way to tell if they break free and get a nice run.  the Lions?  holy crap they were beating the living snot out of each other.  that team will be ready for the season.

Maybe....

Or maybe 

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/18/detroit-lions-games-lost-to-injury-in-2021-most-in-nfl/

The injuries for the Detroit Lions started early in 2021 and never relented. As a result, no NFL had more games missed by starters due to injury than the Lions, according to a tally by the Buffalo News.

It’s not a welcome statistic to lead the league in, but the data is not a surprise to Lions fans who saw the team ravaged by several critical injuries in the 3-13-1 season. The New England Patriots had the fewest games lost to injury with just 23. Detroit beat that lucky mark by more than 100,

At the bottom of the injury list was Detroit, which lost 134 games by starters. Second worst was Baltimore (125), followed by the New York Giants (115), the New York Jets (113) and the Washington Football Team (111).

While not listed in the article, some of the prominent Lions starters who missed significant time:

• CB Jeff Okudah – 16
  • WR Tyrell Williams – 16
  • C Frank Ragnow – 13
  • EDGE Romeo Okwara – 13
  • LT Taylor Decker – 8
  • TE T.J. Hockenson – 5

A disclaimer from the News indicates the counts do not include starters who were injured prior to the preseason. Also, COVID-19 absences resulted in just 12 percent of the missed games.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Maybe....

Or maybe 

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/18/detroit-lions-games-lost-to-injury-in-2021-most-in-nfl/

The injuries for the Detroit Lions started early in 2021 and never relented. As a result, no NFL had more games missed by starters due to injury than the Lions, according to a tally by the Buffalo News.

It’s not a welcome statistic to lead the league in, but the data is not a surprise to Lions fans who saw the team ravaged by several critical injuries in the 3-13-1 season. The New England Patriots had the fewest games lost to injury with just 23. Detroit beat that lucky mark by more than 100,

At the bottom of the injury list was Detroit, which lost 134 games by starters. Second worst was Baltimore (125), followed by the New York Giants (115), the New York Jets (113) and the Washington Football Team (111).

While not listed in the article, some of the prominent Lions starters who missed significant time:

• CB Jeff Okudah – 16
  • WR Tyrell Williams – 16
  • C Frank Ragnow – 13
  • EDGE Romeo Okwara – 13
  • LT Taylor Decker – 8
  • TE T.J. Hockenson – 5

A disclaimer from the News indicates the counts do not include starters who were injured prior to the preseason. Also, COVID-19 absences resulted in just 12 percent of the missed games.

Funny you bring up the lions because I will always have in my brain Namath going for the tackle against them in the preseason and wrecking his knee.

Part of me says the correct decision is to have the starters play some - but you end up holding your breath praying nothing bad happens.