Coach Saleh on Mekhi…

3 minutes ago, docdhc said:

We should have a little compassion for a kid who missed a whole year and went through all that rehab and now he’s got to go through it all again. I wish him luck on his recovery and will root hard for his comeback.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

This is fine.

But at the same time, Saleh did the man a disservice by saying this was a "6 to 8 week" injury last season.

If you don't know, just say you don't know.

Part of the reason fans were so disappointed is because this was diagnosed as a relatively short term thing and turned out to be very much not so.   The Jets never provided an explanation for this other than to say he's "a very large human being".

Then when Becton shows up to camp out of shape, it's just a continuation of the narrative which Saleh himself fed into.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Sucks for the Jets. Sucks for MB. Hope he beats the odds next year.

I agree.  But I also hope that the guy doesn't balloon to over 400 pounds and need to prove everyone wrong again.  

How about Mecki taking care of himself during his rehabilitation, and eat right, exercise when he is able, and show up to camp at 350 pounds of muscle next year?   

And that's how he will hopefully beat the odds.  Not ballooning himself and trying to recover, again.  That would be an individual I could root for.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is fine.

But at the same time, Saleh did the man a disservice by saying this was a "6 to 8 week" injury last season.

If you don't know, just say you don't know.

Part of the reason fans were so disappointed is because this was diagnosed as a relatively short term thing and turned out to be very much not so.   The Jets never provided an explanation for this other than to say he's "a very large human being".

Then when Becton shows up to camp out of shape, it's just a continuation of the narrative which Saleh himself fed into.

Fair comment. Saleh's messaging has been bad since taking over.  Not just Becton, but Mims last year as well.  I think a lot of it is being a rookie HC in the NY media market.  Honestly I think he's just trying to please these guys too much.  Probably should watch some Belichick interviews and get a bit more scum baggy or some Rex and start beclowning a few of them...

8 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Fair comment. Saleh's messaging has been bad since taking over.  Not just Becton, but Mims last year as well.  I think a lot of it is being a rookie HC in the NY media market.  Honestly I think he's just trying to please these guys too much.  Probably should watch some Belichick interviews and get a bit more scum baggy or some Rex and start beclowning a few of them...

I think Saleh needed a year to settle in. He wont trash his guys publically but its easy to see he wont straight up lie and say someone looks good of they dont. Its becoming easier to read between the lines of hes unhappy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Wit said:

I think Saleh needed a year to settle in. He wont trash his guys publically but its easy to see he wont straight up lie and say someone looks good of they dont. Its becoming easier to read between the lines of hes unhappy. 

True, but don't you also think he's trying to be liked by the media here vs. just "no comment" or "we need to take a look at the film" or whatever cliché is needed to send these guys on their way?

39 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

True, but don't you also think he's trying to be liked by the media here vs. just "no comment" or "we need to take a look at the film" or whatever cliché is needed to send these guys on their way?

Yes, he wants to be liked by the media, but he also isnt like the dude in Miami taking selfies. Hes personable.

36 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

The good HC's use the media to send messages to players and the teams.   The great HC's can bend forks across the room by just thinking about it.  Cliche's are for losers.  

3 hours ago, jetsons said:

I was pulling for the kid. It sucks but injuries happen and they can unfairly cut your career short. I think he can come back and probably still play in this league, but that is a big if. Tough break kid, but dem the da breaks.

All the stuff about him last year talking smack on him etc...it was unfair, if not for this second injury he would have probably played well for us this year. I dont know if we cut bait but he is one hell of a bench spot to have, kid is huge. 

• Upvote 4