Coach Saleh on Mekhi…

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

If a player came up to Saleh during practice and spit in his case he would say he'd say in the following presser that he's a great guy just showing some passion. 

And you actually want others to believe that because you do?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, docdhc said:

Not easy to be 23 and take all the crap he takes on social media. It’s not his fault he hurt his knee. We should have a little compassion for a kid who missed a whole year and went through all that rehab and now he’s got to go through it all again. I wish him luck on his recovery and will root hard for his comeback.  

He is making a fortune. There are lots of football players that would have grabbed this chance by the throat, and he did not. With his size, if he does not get back it will be a huge missed opportunity and he has only himself to blame. He really should not care even a little bit about social media. 

• Upvote 3

If a player came up to Saleh during practice and spit in his case he would say he'd say in the following presser that he's a great guy just showing some passion. 
Well ... was it a Leather Case? Alligator Skin Case ? Briefcase ? Adam Case ?

Just trying to to gauge the validity of this assesment.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Fair comment. Saleh's messaging has been bad since taking over.  Not just Becton, but Mims last year as well.  I think a lot of it is being a rookie HC in the NY media market.  Honestly I think he's just trying to please these guys too much.  Probably should watch some Belichick interviews and get a bit more scum baggy or some Rex and start beclowning a few of them...

Winning football games can solve that. The rest is details.

4 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Fair comment. Saleh's messaging has been bad since taking over.  Not just Becton, but Mims last year as well.  I think a lot of it is being a rookie HC in the NY media market.  Honestly I think he's just trying to please these guys too much.  Probably should watch some Belichick interviews and get a bit more scum baggy or some Rex and start beclowning a few of them...

Those are you role models? Belichick and Rex? Really? One is a scumbag cheater and the other is a complete blowhard.  Rex didn't manipulate the media.  They manipulated him.  Belichick is just an a hole.  So Saleh doesn't want to trash players in the media?  Maybe he's trashing them in private. Did your parents discipline you in public?  If they did, I feel sorry for you. Becton is likely done.  For good. What is the point of Saleh burying him in front of the media today?  

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Those are you role models? Belichick and Rex? Really? One is a scumbag cheater and the other is a complete blowhard.  Rex didn't manipulate the media.  They manipulated him.  Belichick is just an a hole.  So Saleh doesn't want to trash players in the media?  Maybe he's trashing them in private. Did your parents discipline you in public?  If they did, I feel sorry for you. Becton is likely done.  For good. What is the point of Saleh burying him in front of the media today?  

Dude...  Relax.  There were comments earlier that Saleh messed up with the media about Becton's condition and MRI results.  That's all I was commenting on. He tries too hard sometimes with the media

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

My sense is that he didn’t put the time in over the last year to get better and healthy

hes a bust. It happens.   He’s immature. 

Id like to see a list of 1st round failures from 2010 to today. I cant imagine too many teams are worse than us.  Ill suppose we are 4 from the bottom. That ain’t luck that’s bad management. Becton was avoidable. JD thought he was the smartest in the room. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I was pulling for the kid. It sucks but injuries happen and they can unfairly cut your career short. I think he can come back and probably still play in this league, but that is a big if. Tough break kid, but dem the da breaks.

All the stuff about him last year talking smack on him etc...it was unfair, if not for this second injury he would have probably played well for us this year. I dont know if we cut bait but he is one hell of a bench spot to have, kid is huge. 

Excuse me but, he is the one who chose to gain a ton and even though he showed up in better shape, the damage was done.

25 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Eating crow sucks…..   but we all do it.  Becton was a bad pick day 1.  You wont see it. It’s ok.  The results speak for you. Vlad Ducasse was a better pick. 400 pound kid on twitter. 

C4CBAB81-CA00-4A73-8353-94A3D5E3AABB.jpeg

Now tell me what you’re talking about?  

What does eating crow have to do with my post?  I was commenting on his pointless post that someone could spit in Salehs face and apparently Saleh wouldn’t care in his mind.  So what exactly does this have to do with Becton?  
Should take the time to read before throwing shade.  Francis, we’ve all done it ?

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

He is making a fortune. There are lots of football players that would have grabbed this chance by the throat, and he did not. With his size, if he does not get back it will be a huge missed opportunity and he has only himself to blame. He really should not care even a little bit about social media. 

LT version of Jamarcus Russell.   

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Fair, but Saleh contorts himself too much working with the media instead of just boring them death.  

Get older, the PCs become less important than the games. If they win the divison and have a deep playoff run, Saleh can show up with a `12 pack of Bud Light and burp at questions. 

7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

The coach takes his cue from what trainers tell him. He doesn't just come out and fly with medical info that he has no knowledge. You can trust that his is an informed pronouncement. He does not seem to fly off and spout things he does not know anything about, say like a Rex Ryan type.

Jet trainers have been a problem for a long long time, and that has been a pattern. Point to ownership.

Dude I've been saying this for years and I was actually laughed off the radio and laughed off of this page. Factually 85% of the head coaches job has nothing to do with coaching football it's about talking to trainers, nutritionists, assistants, making decisions, talking to the media etc. You know there's 92 other guys on the team? He's got a lot of other crap to do besides sit there waiting for Becton's MRI results. Just saying~

Man down- and who doesn't feel bad for Becton of course we were all rooting for him and wanted a monster right tackle at 6'8. Saleh still has a whole team to run. My point is the other day he actually mentioned the New York media market and rolled his eyes. There's nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Is it a bust tho? Injury is definitely different than bust.

Kid was productive on field. Def not bust

He’s a bust because he didn’t do what he needed to get his weight down. He’s to big and that creates all sorts of injury issues, of which we’ve seen just a few. If he was disciplined, he would have been at a much ‘lighter’ weight that wouldn’t have put such a strain on his knees. He’s an accident waiting to happen and it’s happened - twice. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Is it a bust tho? Injury is definitely different than bust.

Kid was productive on field. Def not bust

He did not do anything close to what he needed to do to keep himself in the physical shape he needed for success in the NFL.  That's on him. Immature. He won't be the first young man to have wasted his talent in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

He’s a bust because he didn’t do what he needed to get his weight down. He’s to big and that creates all sorts of injury issues, of which we’ve seen just a few. If he was disciplined, he would have been at a much ‘lighter’ weight that wouldn’t have put such a strain on his knees. He’s an accident waiting to happen and it’s happened - twice. 

Disagree ... Injury is not bust. It's an injury. There is a difference between being hurt and able make the team. Becton is able to play when healthy. A bust even when healthy can't make the team...see many of our draft picks from former regimes....

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

He did not do anything close to what he needed to do to keep himself in the physical shape he needed for success in the NFL.  That's on him. Immature. He won't be the first young man to have wasted his talent in the NFL. 

He didn't look in very bad shape to me...seemed like he worked a lot on himself. Injuries suck man. No one wants to get injured. 

No need to pile on the guy. He is not a bust, he just got injured. The same people who said maye was a bust are going on now...if he get healthy he will be able to contribute. That's not a bust 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Disagree ... Injury is not bust. It's an injury. There is a difference between being hurt and able make the team. Becton is able to play when healthy. A bust even when healthy can't make the team...see many of our draft picks from former regimes....

And when was the last time he was ‘healthy’? Last order he placed at IHOP?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

What kind of irony is it when you make shirts & hoodies that say “Big Bust” as a statement to your doubters, but then actually bust out?

I think it’s “dramatic irony,” but I haven’t taken an English class in decades. 

It's not irony.  It's truth in advertising.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

And when was the last time he was ‘healthy’? Last order he placed at IHOP?

I digress but my GF and I just had a debate about health, the average American etc. Im at the beach and i have seen VERY FEW women in bikinis that are attractive. Yes, I’m in NC but I believe this is national. The average young kid today has body fat that we didn’t have in the 60s and 70s.   

• Upvote 2