Coach Saleh on Mekhi…

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I digress but my GF and I just had a debate about health, the average American etc. Im at the beach and i have seen VERY FEW women in bikinis that are attractive. Yes, I’m in NC but I believe this is national. The average young kid today has body fat that we didn’t have in the 60s and 70s.   

@The Crusher approved this message. 

8CE36B64-F79C-4C54-B264-6871F4B42CCD.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

@The Crusher approved this message. 

8CE36B64-F79C-4C54-B264-6871F4B42CCD.jpeg

Not sure where you are going with this. I was already  fat in the 60’s and 70’s. I still remember going to Sears to get Church clothes and my skinny cousins get their stuff and got to go to the toy aisle and play temporary Christmas morning. My fat ass got dragged by my grandmother to the HUSKY section. She would put my pants next to my cousins on the counter to pay  for them and it looked like she was buying them doll clothes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

That really irks me.  Who does Becton think he is taking abuse without earning it.  This is America.  Anyone who wants abuse can earn abuse.   

We can agree to disagree. I have compassion for what he went through and what he’s about to go through, surgery and long rehab. I’m not sure what you mean here but I guess you don’t have much compassion for him because he makes a lot of money or you don’t think he tries hard enough. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, docdhc said:

We can agree to disagree. I have compassion for what he went through and what he’s about to go through, surgery and long rehab. I’m not sure what you mean here but I guess you don’t have much compassion for him because he makes a lot of money or you don’t think he tries hard enough. 

My comment was firmly tongue and cheek.  But since you sort of asked I'll tell you.  I don't know Becton.  I do know that he will get great medical care and PT on the Jets dime.  He's injury isn't life threatening and by not being on the football field for at least a year and maybe permanently will probably extend his life and certainly extend the amount of life he will live pain free and with his stream of consciousness in tact.

I have compassion for guys like Toon and Chrebet who left part of who they were on the field.  I got a lot of pleasure out of watching them perform and they sacrificed themselves for the game.

If your compassion for the sick and those who don't have the resources to deal with real maladies motivates you to do something positive like make a donation to St. Judes or Doctors without Borders great stuff. 

I don't know Becton at all.  I think it would be great if he rehabs, figures out how to eat well and finds something to do with his life that gives him pleasure and purpose.  I don't think a knee injury that's not life threatening or a threat to his ability to have a very high quality of life requires my compassion.

Sadly as a Jets fan I root for the laundry.  That laundry is going to have high speed collisions with other laundry.  If I was really compassionate I'd stop watching.  NFL football while amazing is also a human train wreck. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

My comment was firmly tongue and cheek.  But since you sort of asked I'll tell you.  I don't know Becton.  I do know that he will get great medical care and PT on the Jets dime.  He's injury isn't life threatening and by not being on the football field for at least a year and maybe permanently will probably extend his life and certainly extend the amount of life he will live pain free and with his stream of consciousness in tact.

I have compassion for guys like Toon and Chrebet who left part of who they were on the field.  I got a lot of pleasure out of watching them perform and they sacrificed themselves for the game.

If your compassion for the sick and those who don't have the resources to deal with real maladies motivates you to do something positive like make a donation to St. Judes or Doctors without Borders great stuff. 

I don't know Becton at all.  I think it would be great if he rehabs, figures out how to eat well and finds something to do with his life that gives him pleasure and purpose.  I don't think a knee injury that's not life threatening or a threat to his ability to have a very high quality of life requires my compassion.

Sadly as a Jets fan I root for the laundry.  That laundry is going to have high speed collisions with other laundry.  If I was really compassionate I'd stop watching.  NFL football while amazing is also a human train wreck. 

I don’t disagree with you for the most part. I certainly have more compassion for people with permanent brain injuries and those who have life threatening diseases. I give to charities. I’m just saying that I feel bad for someone who is the same age as one of my kids who has had a couple of bad breaks and will have to go through 2 surgeries and lots of difficult rehab. That’s all, like I feel bad for a neighbor who needs his gall bladder out or a friend who is going through a divorce. Yes he’ll be fine and it’s not life or death but I just think piling on scorn and ridicule on top of the situation isn’t the right thing to do. That’s all I was trying to say.