Sports Doc: Becton's Injury Not A Career Ender

I didn't bother listening to the clip.

Random thoughts: it's not the injury the issue, but the series of injuries which, in my belief, end his career. No one is giving him a guaranteed contract. Will he really show up for league minimum?

• Upvote 4

Excellent explanation. So his knees need reconstruction so the patella doesnt keep popping out. If he remains a big man it probably makes it harder for him to ever recover and he will end up with arthritis in the knee. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, rldev said:

In fairness, "the organization"  clearly got this wrong. Dude has been hobbling around all camp. They should have pulled the plug. 

People should be accountable for such incompetence, especially from the medical staff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Career ending???  Where do people get this from?  He will have surgery and be fine for next year.  He didnt blow his knee out or anything.

Man, the amount of pub our 4th best olineman gets is just unreal.  Hes hurt.  Hes not coming back this year.  Move on.  

I think you have been right about alot of things re: the Jets regime, but I think Mekhi is done barring super hard work and soul searching that begins NOW. 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Big Paycheck did precisely what I predicted he would in the leadup to the 2020 draft. He suddenly decided, for 1 year, to listen to his coached, drop weight from around 410 to 361, played almost every game, and cash the f*ck in. 

He is LAZY. He is immature. He got away his whole life by just being bigger and stronger than the KIDS he played against.... And then he got his 8 figure paycheck, tapped out whenever possible, got frustrated, got hurt, milked it, failed to rehab, and let's face it, now he's done as a Jet.

He's is Gholston 2.0. All hype. Massive BUST. 

TIME to move on, cut losses, get him healthy enough to pass another team's physical next year, and get a pick. 

And the Buccaneers drafted the guy we should have, and he's All Rookie Team and a Pro Bowler. 

Gholston was in excellent shape but was bad at football. We know Mb is good at football. That makes this much worse. 

• Upvote 1

There is 0% chance the Jets pick up his fifth year option. Doesn’t really make sense to trade him because we’ll get absolutely nothing. So he needs to come back next year and play. He has a lot to prove next year. We still could franchise him if for some reason he completely dominated next year but that’s so far gone at this point. More than likely, he’s  going to have to play year-by-year for a couple seasons before anyone would give him any guaranteed money. Sad to say but there’s also a very good chance he never takes another snap for us or maybe anyone. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, slats said:

I get everyone writing him off, but he’s under contract for a guaranteed $3.1M next year. Jets obviously won’t be picking up his fifth year option, so it’ll be a contract year for him. Does the motivation finally kick in for the young father? Because he won’t be handed a starting job again next year. I don’t see the team getting anything for him in a trade, so rather than eat that $3.1M I’d expect them to give him a chance to show something. Similar to the situation Mims finds himself in this year. 

Mekhi might eat the $3.1M.

• Upvote 4