One Jets Drive 2022: Episode 1

JTJet

Great doc. The deep dives and insights into the players is really great to see and drives home the point that it's more than just a sport. 

That Tomlinson part was heartbreaking and I'm wishing all the best to him and his family. Going to be rooting hard for him.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Watching Hard Knocks and than watching this.... Damn, the production crew at One Jets Drive is top notch... Blows Hard Knocks out of the water... Frankly its not even close.
I agree ... is JD Productions .. Joe Douglas??

If so .. "Thank you Joe Douglas Thabk You"

1 preseason game plus one of these episodes a week really helps this sh*t time of the season.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

1 preseason game plus one of these episodes a week really helps this sh*t time of the season.

1JD production... One Jets Drive

• Upvote 1

Sorry if I'm cynical...

There's nothing "wrong" with the "AGNB".

The "go to bed better than when you woke up" point is fine, but at some level it's sophomoric and the sort of thing I would expect to hear at an AA meeting as opposed to what you say every single day (at every single meeting) as you "lead" your football team.

Instead of a rah rah message about generic improvement and being "better", if I'm a player I want you tell me specifically where I need to get better and HOW I can realistically achieve that.  From a team POV, I want to hear concrete goals and a credible plan as to how we are going to accomplish whatever those goals (e.g. how about making the playoffs?, go 3-1 or better in the 1st 4 games, increase 3rd down efficiency by 10%, or whatever) are.

Tell me your plan to beat the Baltimore Ravens in week 1.  Or tell me at least that you have one.

With Saleh, sorry but, the desire to win -- I just don't see it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sorry if I'm cynical...

The "go to bed better than when you woke up" point is fine, but at some level it's sophomoric and the sort of thing I would expect to hear at an AA meeting as opposed to what you say every single day (at every single meeting) as you "lead" your football team.

Instead of a rah rah message about generic improvement and being "better", if I'm a player I want you tell me specifically where I need to get better and HOW I can realistically achieve that.  From a team POV, I want to hear concrete goals and a credible plan as to how we are going to accomplish whatever those goals (e.g. how about making the playoffs?, go 3-1 or better in the 1st 4 games, increase 3rd down efficiency by 10%, or whatever) are.

Tell me your plan to beat the Baltimore Ravens in week 1.  Or tell me at least that you have one.

One doesn't deny the other. Players are engaged and committed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sorry if I'm cynical...

I agree. Saleh is cringe. Hope he gets the Xs and Os and player development right. 

Sorry if I'm cynical...

Who knows what was said beyond the lil snippet the Jets wanted us to see for their show….

I wouldn’t be so quick to judge, we’ll just have to wait to see what the product on the field looks like ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sorry if I'm cynical...

Right? This guy thinks painting a hallway wins games? Winning games wins games !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

So, your take away is that, because in the Rah Rah puff videos they put together for the fans, they show the Rah Rah coaching stuff, and not the X's and O's and specific strategies, it's because it doesn't happen/exist, instead of because these videos 1) exist for the sole purpose of selling season tickets, and 2) because, on YouTube, other teams would have access to the game plans.

This isn't a "cynical" take.  It's an absolutely abysmal one.

Literally every single team meeting (even at the Senior bowl), Saleh says the exact same generic BS, almost like a WWE wrestler repeating the same dumb slogan over and over again and cupping his hand to his ear waiting for a: "No Brake!" response from the crowd.

Is he more likable than Adam Gase?  Yeah.

But this is a results business.  Don't be fooled by empty rhetoric.

I'll believe his methods are some kind of genius when I see Wins on Sundays.

12 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Jets Drive Productions ?

21 hours ago, JTJet said:

Discuss

29:18 mark... Laken Tomlinson... "My first, I say 3 years of my career, you know, I've been trying to find my foot in this league".

This is Mekhi's 3rd year and people want to flush him down the drain... some guys take a little more time to find their way... Look how Laken has turned out.

4 hours ago, ZachEY said:

So, your take away is that, because in the Rah Rah puff videos they put together for the fans, they show the Rah Rah coaching stuff, and not the X's and O's and specific strategies, it's because it doesn't happen/exist, instead of because these videos 1) exist for the sole purpose of selling season tickets, and 2) because, on YouTube, other teams would have access to the game plans.

This isn't a "cynical" take.  It's an absolutely abysmal one.

“Hey guys, Jets production crew here for the 1JD special going up on YouTube here.  What are the first 15 scripted plays for the Ravens defense, Week 1???  Users on JetNation.com want to know so they know Saleh is all about winning!”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Literally every single team meeting (even at the Senior bowl), Saleh says the exact same generic BS, almost like a WWE wrestler repeating the same dumb slogan over and over again and cupping his hand to his ear waiting for a: "No Brake!" response from the crowd.

Is he more likable than Adam Gase?  Yeah.

But this is a results business.  Don't be fooled by empty rhetoric.

I'll believe his methods are some kind of genius when I see Wins on Sundays.

The crew films hype stuff because the point of these hype pieces is to generate hype and sell tickets.  It isn’t to appease fans who want a TRUE inside look at the operations of the team and, therefore, you don’t get that true look, you get the hype stuff.

What’s so hard to understand here?

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, jetsons said:

29:18 mark... Laken Tomlinson... "My first, I say 3 years of my career, you know, I've been trying to find my foot in this league".

This is Mekhi's 3rd year and people want to flush him down the drain... some guys take a little more time to find their way... Look how Laken has turned out.

Stop. 

Laken Tomlinson played in 47 of 48 games his first 3 years. 

Mekhi Becton has now played in 15 of 48 games his first 3 years. 

You're comparing an apple to a spaceship. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

The budget for these films must be very high. They do an awesome job with it

Dude as corny as the Johnson Brothers are they spare no expense on anything. They are world class despite the fact that they probably know nothing about the actual game of football.

But with this new crew of General Manager, Head Coach, Quarterback I have this odd feeling we're going to find our way.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1