Move over Bellicheat, this is the real G.O.A.T.

Bronx

McVay’s has an incredibly successful half-decade (NY Post)  in charge of the Rams, who have had five winning seasons, four playoff berths, three NFC West titles, two Super Bowl appearances and one championship during his tenure.

He is only 36 and Bradyless 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

https://nypost.com/2022/08/09/sean-mcvay-says-hes-finalized-contract-extension-with-rams/
Sean McVay says he’s finalized contract extension with Rams  McVay’s new deal is a reward for an incredibly successful half-decade in charge of the Rams, who have had five winning seasons, four playoff berths, three NFC West titles, two Super Bowl appearances and one championship during his tenure.
Weird title.... nothing to do w belichik or his goatness. Cutting to the chase ... McVay extended.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Weird title.... nothing to do w belichik or his goatness. Cutting to the chase ... McVay extended.

I inserted an excerpt of the article that included his accolades. At the age of 36, McVay has accomplished a superior resume. 

He may not win as many SBs in his career, but at his age and record he will most likely have a better career W/L than the Cheat  

I should have referenced the author and not posted the link...valid point.

I inserted an excerpt of the article that included his accolades. At the age of 36, McVay has accomplished a superior resume. 
He may not win as many SBs in career, but at his age and record he will most likely have a better career W/L than the Cheat  
As your point, I should have referenced the author and not posted the link...valid point.
...I see that the same as betting on the stock market ... there is no robert Kraft in LA

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Do you not remember when BB embarrassed him in the Super Bowl and Brady had nothing to do with it?

And like BB, McVay was just an young aspiring coach before trading for the #1 overall pick of the 2009 NFL draft.

Thread Fail.

What was Bellicheat's record at the age of 36?

9 hours ago, Bronx said:

McVay’s has an incredibly successful half-decade (NY Post)  in charge of the Rams, who have had five winning seasons, four playoff berths, three NFC West titles, two Super Bowl appearances and one championship during his tenure.

Yeah, but ....

Lets put this in the proper context.  McVay is #10 in winning percentage if that is the measuring stick.  Yeah, if he can maintain his .009 advantage for another 22 seasons yeah he will have more wins.

Bradyless?  Ok....and?  This is the worst Belichick argument ever.  Please name a coach that had sustained success for 20 years trotting out the Jared Goff's of the world?  There are none.  

Lets see that won/loss record when Stafford retires.  There a rea ton of very good to great coaches with mediocre records without a top 5 QB under center.  

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

He may not win as many SBs in his career, but at his age and record he will most likely have a better career W/L than the Cheat  

McVay has already talked about retiring, working in broadcasting. A ton less hours for more money. Seeing his family. No way this guy coaches into his 70s. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, jago said:

Rams have been trading for/signing mega FA vets at the expense of high picks.
not sure how long that train can roll. that said its already longer than i expected.

Yeah, and the copycat league jumped on the bandwagon with the Watson, Wilson, Adams, and Hill trades. I’m very interested to see how they all turn out. 

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Depends if he can do it another 20 years.

I mean, for the GOAT you can always go Lombardi.   5 time champion in his first 9 seasons.

John Madden's winning % his first 5 years also amazing, but it did take him 9 to win a SB

Belichick is a great head coach.  His teams almost always play better than their roster and win more games than you would expect them to.  I can't argue that at all.  

But I do think the difference between him being a very good coach and an all-time great was Brady.  Remove Brady from the equation and the Pats might have been the Vikings or recent Cowboys - a perennial 8-10 win team without a single SB championship.  Hard to say, but definitely seems like a possibility.