CBS 2 no longer available in my area…help

tfine

Hey fellow Jet fans,

I am in CT northern new haven county….just this year xfinity removed their SD channels in my area which included cbs 2. For years I’ve watched Jets games on this channel. Is there another way I can watch Jet games without getting the Sunday ticket? Any advice is appreciated…thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, tfine said:

I tried that just CBS 3. I get every New York team but the Jets. Makes no sense.

I lived in Cheshire for a few years when that happened (lost SNY too). It sucks.

You can also try the AT&T streaming TV service to see if they will give you CBS NY. Otherwise it is the Ticket. WARNING - when I was in Cheshire and couldn't get SNY I tried to get MLB package but they said I was in NY viewing area and blacked out Mets games even though local cable wouldn't carry it. Hopefully not the same no-man's land with Sunday Ticket.

Another idea - try signing up for YouTube TV or Fubo TV with a Fairfield County zip & address and see what happens.

I lived in Cheshire for a few years when that happened (lost SNY too). It sucks.
You can also try the AT&T streaming TV service to see if they will give you CBS NY. Otherwise it is the Ticket. WARNING - when I was in Cheshire and couldn't get SNY I tried to get MLB package but they said I was in NY viewing area and blacked out Mets games even though local cable wouldn't carry it. Hopefully not the same no-man's land with Sunday Ticket.
Another idea - try signing up for YouTube TV or Fubo TV with a Fairfield County zip & address and see what happens.

I had the Ticket before and was able to get the games unless they played the Pats on CBS 3. Also, Those apps go by geolocation. Was thinking I can connect to a VPN in the NY area and see if YouTube or Fubo would show cbs 2. Worth a shot.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tfine said:

I had the Ticket before and was able to get the games unless they played the Pats on CBS 3. Also, Those apps go by geolocation. Was thinking I can connect to a VPN in the NY area and see if YouTube or Fubo would show cbs 2. Worth a shot.

See above. I'm in Florida...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tfine said:

I have Fubo just for MSG & SNY (Frontier doesn't carry them) and I get CBS NY. Depending on where you are if you're close enough to Fairfield County line you may get away with using a zip

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

1. Get Amazon Fire TV

2. Sign up for ExpressVPN

3. Download express VPN to Fire TV

4. Sign into APP and select "All Locations" and enter US/New York

5. Enjoy local NY stations showing Jets Games Live!

Literally finished this process 5 minutes ago. Watching tonight's Giants game on NY NBC.

Need to pin this post for the out-of-market Jets fan brothers

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I no longer live in NY. In order to watch the games, I have to do the following.

-Download the CBS app to my phone and/or destop.

-Download a Fake GPS location App from the Google app store. 

-Make the location in New York City or if you want to watch or follow a different team/game, look at the NFL Map Index for that week and see where you have to pin point your GPS location. 

-Then lastly sign in on the CBS app.  If it's true and Xfinity has gotten rid of CBS, then log in with a friends or family members login info that has CBS.

1 hour ago, tfine said:

Hey fellow Jet fans,

I am in CT northern new haven county….just this year xfinity removed their SD channels in my area which included cbs 2. For years I’ve watched Jets games on this channel. Is there another way I can watch Jet games without getting the Sunday ticket? Any advice is appreciated…thank you.

Contact @Defensewinschampionships. Where is that guy when you need him? ??

OMG I can’t believe it it’s working for me right now. When I was in Europe over the summer I got that express VPN and it worked I was able to set it to New York and watch Netflix.

So I download the YouTube TV app and it had Tampa area shows on it. I went into the settings on my iPhone and turn the VPN on and then went to the app and switched it to New York.

When I went back to the YouTube app all of a sudden I am seeing CBS channel 2 news. I couldn’t believe it. But all these channels had a little lock symbol on them and it said I had to buy a membership.

so YouTube TV has a special for the first three months for $54 and I got it. Now when I went back to the app guess what they were no more locks and bowls and I was watching New York TV. I already have YouTube TV here in Tampa but I didn’t want to mess with the accounts and all that I’ll just cancel this at the end of the season.

I did not have to do anything with any kind of Geo locator app at work with just express VPN and YouTube TV. Thank you Joe Douglas thank you!

wooohoooooo

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

1. Get Amazon Fire TV

2. Sign up for ExpressVPN

3. Download express VPN to Fire TV

4. Sign into APP and select "All Locations" and enter US/New York

5. Enjoy local NY stations showing Jets Games Live!

Literally finished this process 5 minutes ago. Watching tonight's Giants game on NY NBC.

AnyQueasyFairyfly-max-1mb.gif

I'm in Southern Alabama and hopefully SC soon. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Search for nflbite in google. Watch any game you want for free! Has some annoying ads to click thru and sometimes buffers, but hey it’s not costing you anything 

I hate people that reply to these things with oh just pay for whatever service...the point is to get it free. I had a guy literally say dm me for details and then told me in the dm YouTube tv. I wanted to smack the sh*t outta him. But then I remember some are much older generation. They are impressed by doors opening them selves can openers that hold the can and open with a touch of the button..shiny lights etc...

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I hate people that reply to these things with oh just pay for whatever service...the point is to get it free. I had a guy literally say dm me for details and then told me in the dm YouTube tv. I wanted to smack the sh*t outta him. But then I remember some are much older generation. They are impressed by doors opening them selves can openers that hold the can and open with a touch of the button..shiny lights etc...

I disagree that the main point is free. I think (and research shows) that most people want a good service at a 'reasonable' price. The NFL services offer garbage quality, lack features and generally requires more than 1 way to watch to be able to watch all the games. 

If the NFL sacked up and offered something that let you watch all games live and in replay in high quality with ONE streaming service, there would be a lot of people that currently use free or cheaper options who would go with their option.

I'd buy "Sunday Ticket" if it didn't require direct TV shenanigans and could to nfl.com and not have to worry about it being "blacked out" even though I don't live in market without a 2nd thought even at it's current price. 

It just so happens that many of these other services free or cheap offer a better experience. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, HighPitch said:

Ugh so after watching cbs ny news, i exited youtubetv and reopened it and now it wants access to my location to keep watching…,,

so i need a location spoof for iphone hopefully free and one that doesnt need to be hooked up to a computer

anyone?

If your using ExpressVPN, log out when finished, and then log back on and reset your location in setrings, don't let it autolocate for you 

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Ugh so after watching cbs ny news, i exited youtubetv and reopened it and now it wants access to my location to keep watching…,,

so i need a location spoof for iphone hopefully free and one that doesnt need to be hooked up to a computer

anyone?

I don't really use mobile, but most routers can use a VPN directly and thus any device connected to the wifi goes through the VPN. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You sound like a goon. If you're so cheap or broke that $8 a month is a problem, I would suggest that you need to reprioritize your time and effort to getting better income, not pirating sh*tty streams to watch football 

? 

I live about 3 hours from New Orleans and 5 hours from Atlanta.  The 2 closest 'major' cities. Counts as Braves territory. Ok, fine. Marlins and Rays games are blacked out for me along with Braves on the MLB package. Completely over this BS. These morons PROMOTE piracy with the stupid rules. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

OMG I can’t believe it it’s working for me right now. When I was in Europe over the summer I got that express VPN and it worked I was able to set it to New York and watch Netflix.

So I download the YouTube TV app and it had Tampa area shows on it. I went into the settings on my iPhone and turn the VPN on and then went to the app and switched it to New York.

When I went back to the YouTube app all of a sudden I am seeing CBS channel 2 news. I couldn’t believe it. But all these channels had a little lock symbol on them and it said I had to buy a membership.

so YouTube TV has a special for the first three months for $54 and I got it. Now when I went back to the app guess what they were no more locks and bowls and I was watching New York TV. I already have YouTube TV here in Tampa but I didn’t want to mess with the accounts and all that I’ll just cancel this at the end of the season.

I did not have to do anything with any kind of Geo locator app at work with just express VPN and YouTube TV. Thank you Joe Douglas thank you!

wooohoooooo

$54 a month? that’s a rip off- Amazon stick is a one time $30 purchase. IpTV is like $10 bucks a month. All the channels you want and then some.

I am sympathetic for those out of towners looking to watch the Jets. I would love to leave this open but unfortunately people post stuff that isn't legal sometimes and the internet never forgets. So the site can't be liable for that.

• Sympathy 1