<<<<<<< Jets vs Eagles -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d laugh at the quips any other night.  Tonight has genuinely been the most dejected I’ve ever been as a fan.  At least since I’ve started watching football.  The entire season is, genuinely, meaningless.

Not sure if this will lift your spirits but being this is the jets it might be this year or next and rest assured they will do something to eclipse the negativity of tonight.

• Haha 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

If you got it, you wouldn’t be saying stop.

I will not be rooting for Jets wins with Mike White or Joe Flacco under center.  Period.

I’m not saying “stop” because I think you are wrong per se, I’m saying “stop” because I don’t believe you. 

if old man Joe has a “vintage” moment and shocks his old team week 1, you’ll be right there with smiling with all of us. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I’m not saying “stop” because I think you are wrong per se, I’m saying “stop” because I don’t believe you. 

if old man Joe has a “vintage” moment and shocks his old team week 1, you’ll be right there with smiling with all of us. 

Bold of you to assume I’m watching week 1.

Spoiler alert: I’m not.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I’d laugh at the quips any other night.  Tonight has genuinely been the most dejected I’ve ever been as a fan.  At least since I’ve started watching football.  The entire season is, genuinely, meaningless.

I’ll cheer you up. Joe Douglas confidante Daniel Jeremiah was on The Athletic podcast talking Jets today. Jeremiah was effusive in his praise of the rookie class, but cautioned that the Jets wouldn’t be competitive until 2023. Mays asked Jeremiah if he thought the Jets coaches *believed* in Zach Wilson or if they were simply hoping and wishing for Zach to be good. Jeremiah answered that it was hopes and wishes because Zach showed them so little last year. The subtext was that the Jets will be competitive in 2023 because they wouldn’t be obligated to play Zach Wilson any more

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll cheer you up. Joe Douglas confidante Daniel Jeremiah was on The Athletic podcast talking Jets today. Jeremiah was effusive in his praise of the rookie class, but cautioned that the Jets wouldn’t be competitive until 2023. Mays asked Jeremiah if he thought the Jets coaches *believed* in Zach Wilson or if they were simply hoping and wishing for Zach to be good. Jeremiah answered that it was hopes and wishes because Zach showed them so little last year. The subtext was that the Jets will be competitive in 2023 because they wouldn’t be obligated to play Zach Wilson any more

You made me read a ton of shlt…..  the bold is all you needed.   

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm not exactly cheered up!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Pathetic. This defense is limp. 

Saleh KNOWS he’s out of a job by October with Robert back calling the shots. The look of bleak unpreparedness is blatant on his face. 

Woody chops heads and Saleh is about to feel the sword 

Woody would pass on Don Shula, Vince Lombardi and the like as HE is the constant here. MORON is WOODY!!!!!

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Pathetic. This defense is limp. 

Saleh KNOWS he’s out of a job by October with Robert back calling the shots. The look of bleak unpreparedness is blatant on his face. 

Woody chops heads and Saleh is about to feel the sword 

The most disturbing thing about tonight was our defense.  All these draft picks and it looks just as putrid as last year

• Upvote 1