<<<<<<< Jets vs Eagles -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

kind of like the "good ol' days" huh?  As a kid in the 80s, I remember they did not even show the Jets-giants PS game on TV.  the replay would be on at like 3 AM.  I would record it and try to watch it before I saw the score.  back then, I cared because the starters would play at least the first half.  now....you're lucky to get a series or two.

That’s because Jets/Giants was always game 3 out of 4

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What's in everyone's glass tonight? 

I'll be drinking the rest of my ice cold Samuel Adams Summer Ale in a frosty pint glass. Gotta make room in refrigerator for the upcoming Samuel Adams Octoberfest.

Switchback Ale. My regular. To wash down some pasta with tomato & sausage sauce. Wearing my black NY Jets T-shirt (with 73/Klecko on the back.) The black hides pesky food spatters. The fat cat gets a couple of defrosted whole shrimp as a treat.

image.png

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'll be drinking the rest of my ice cold Samuel Adams Summer Ale in a frosty pint glass. Gotta make room in refrigerator for the upcoming Samuel Adams Octoberfest.

Depends.  Bourbon certainly.  But which one?  

If Zach looks good, I'll go with the BH

image.png

If not so good, I'll switch to the Noah's Mill

image.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm not a big beer drinker.  But this year's Sam Adams Summer Ale is very refreshing.  As for Oktoberfest, I usually wind up with Spaten or Warsteiner.   On your recommendation, I'll give the Sam Adams a shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Think I might give this a go. Thx for the rec.

A few years back, this same wine was around $8.  It was the steal of the century.   I buy it at Bottle King here in NJ.  Just checked: $10.99

I tried this Cremant de Bourgogne a few weeks ago for my son's birthday.  Absolutely delicious.  $13.98 at Bottle King.

Kuk3U8QNR1Wzp_gYxLmClQ_pb_600x600.png

• Upvote 2

I will have some of my fortified homemade raspberry pear wine.

I make wine from the raspberries and pears from the pear tree in my back yard.

I just this year have tested fortifying it with brandy.  (150 mls brandy to 600 mls raspberry pear wine)

Quite nice if I do say so myself.

• Upvote 3