<<<<<<< Jets vs Eagles -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll cheer you up. Joe Douglas confidante Daniel Jeremiah was on The Athletic podcast talking Jets today. Jeremiah was effusive in his praise of the rookie class, but cautioned that the Jets wouldn’t be competitive until 2023. Mays asked Jeremiah if he thought the Jets coaches *believed* in Zach Wilson or if they were simply hoping and wishing for Zach to be good. Jeremiah answered that it was hopes and wishes because Zach showed them so little last year. The subtext was that the Jets will be competitive in 2023 because they wouldn’t be obligated to play Zach Wilson any more

Honestly doesn’t.  There’s nothing worth rooting for now and there won’t be anything worth rooting for next year either.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

So last Sunday I legit finally got around to watching American Underdog on Hulu..  That may be a sign fellas.  

This team will rally around Joe Flacco and play good football.  Believe it.

Use my confidence if need be.

Said it weeks ago. That story of the old dog and his one last shot is perfectly setup for this team to surprise and overachieve as the eye have before in 2015 and in 1998. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Honestly doesn’t.  There’s nothing worth  rooting for now and there won’t be anything worth rooting for next year either.

I could root for his team if we trade for Minshew.  We'd still likely suck and lose, but it might at least be Fitz-y style entertaining at least. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s dead wrong.  What did he throw, a handful of passes?  Yeah on was dead horrible.  Didn’t need a pile of cliches

That interception was, like, rookie mistake bad.

Didn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in his development.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I could root for his team if we trade for Minshew.  We'd still likely suck and lose, but it might at least be Fitz-y style entertaining at least. 

Teetered between upvote and downvote here. 

Pro:  acknowledgement of Minshew

Con: predicting we likely still stink with him

• Upvote 2

Just now, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Said it weeks ago. That story of the old dog and his one last shot is perfectly setup for this team to surprise and overachieve as the eye have before in 2015 and in 1998. 

Flacco is infinitely better than Fitzpatrick and is surrounded by good talent. 

I was a sad about Zach for a bit but I'm fine now.  I seriously expect us to compete.

• Upvote 1