Jump to content

<<<<<<< Jets vs Eagles -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

You can walk with an acl, you just can't stop suddenly.

I know a lot of 40+ year olds who tore it and didn't have the surgery.   As long as you're not water skiing or playing soccer (things like that) you are fine without it.

 

Game Launch GIF by Age Of Empires Community

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chirorob said:

You have to get a qb.  How else are any of the young player on offense going to develop?

Garner or Jimmie.   I still like Garner.

Don’t know, don’t care.  Offense isn’t developing without anyone consistently leading them either, so it doesn’t really matter, does it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Saleh who never throws public shade at anyone basically just threw the Jets medical staff under the bus. Significant?

He had a different tone today. Called out Quincy for his hit on Hurts and said Zach should’ve gone out of bounds. Seems uncharacteristic for him to publicly criticize his guys 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigRy56 said:

He had a different tone today. Called out Quincy for his hit on Hurts and said Zach should’ve gone out of bounds. Seems uncharacteristic for him to publicly criticize his guys 

RIP PVO

July 2022 - August 2022

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mogglez said:

Don’t know, don’t care.  Offense isn’t developing without anyone consistently leading them either, so it doesn’t really matter, does it?

Wins matter . With all due respect ( mods know I don’t start fights here ) I hope you really did drink a bottle of wine tonight . Otherwise you’ve lost all credibility forever . Your takes are clownish . You are on record saying 10 wins with Jimmy G is a bad season , I’m 50, I’ve seen it all , I root for the team not the player . If Zach plays ( even though I , correctly , think he sucks ) I will root for them , if its Flacco? I’ll root for them , if it’s White ? I’ll root for them , Jimmy G ? Menshew ? My 70 year old neighbor playing QB ? I’ll root for them . Your takes are a joke , amateur hour . Go to sleep. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t know if the crippling depression is affecting me too much and I’m not getting something, but Darnold was drafted in 2018.

2015-2017 was all stopgaps.

2015-2017 happened because of Mike Maccagnan.  Tough to blame the veteran QBs for all of that.  We all know what would have happened had Hackenberg or Petty been sent out there.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Wins matter . With all due respect ( mods know I don’t start fights here ) I hope you really did drink a bottle of wine tonight . Otherwise you’ve lost all credibility forever . Your takes are clownish . You are on record saying 10 wins with Jimmy G is a bad season , I’m 50, I’ve seen it all , I root for the team not the player . If Zach plays ( even though I , correctly , think he sucks ) I will root for them , if its Flacco? I’ll root for them , if it’s White ? I’ll root for them , Jimmy G ? Menshew ? My 70 year old neighbor playing QB ? I’ll root for them . Your takes are a joke , amateur hour . Go to sleep. 
 

he only had 1 glass of wine tonight

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m “negative” because I think 1 player is holding back 52 others rather than 52 players are holding back one.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Maybe, BUT:

 

Even if Zach Wilson is as terrible as you think, that doesn’t really explain why the starting defense apparently looked like poop to start the game (against a number of second stringers, btw) - which is something that happened in quite a few games last year, as well. 
 

Wilson has rightfully taken a lot of bullets over the past year, but it bears repeating that the Jets basically had the worst defense in the league last year. I think the fundamental problem with these “Minshew or Jimmy G can save us” takes might be that our former defensive coordinator head coach is in over his head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Wins matter . With all due respect ( mods know I don’t start fights here ) I hope you really did drink a bottle of wine tonight . Otherwise you’ve lost all credibility forever . Your takes are clownish . You are on record saying 10 wins with Jimmy G is a bad season , I’m 50, I’ve seen it all , I root for the team not the player . If Zach plays ( even though I , correctly , think he sucks ) I will root for them , if its Flacco? I’ll root for them , if it’s White ? I’ll root for them , Jimmy G ? Menshew ? My 70 year old neighbor playing QB ? I’ll root for them . Your takes are a joke , amateur hour . Go to sleep. 

Cryyyyy abouttttt ittttt to someone who careeeeees

“Flacco could be Vinny T” looooooool and MY credibility is at stake?!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, slimjasi said:

Maybe, BUT:

 

Even if Zach Wilson is as terrible as you think, that doesn’t really explain why the starting defense apparently looked like poop to start the game (against a number of second stringers, btw) - which is something that happened in quite a few games last year, as well. 
 

Wilson has rightfully taken a lot of bullets over the past year, but it bears repeating that the Jets basically had the worst defense in the league last year. I think the fundamental problem with these “Minshew or Jimmy G can save us” takes might be that our former defensive coordinator head coach is in over his head. 

You are right I should have limited my comment to the offense

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Pathetic. This defense is limp. 
 

Saleh KNOWS he’s out of a job by October with Robert back calling the shots. The look of bleak unpreparedness is blatant on his face. 
 

Woody chops heads and Saleh is about to feel the sword 

Did the Jets outscore Philly 24 - 7 to finish the game?  I have no clue how things will unfold here but one of the key goals is to develop all these younger guys who have been brought in during recent years.  TEs Cager and Ruckert looked pretty good, the DL wasn't bad, Clemons had some big moments, etc.

With the exception of QW I don't think the Jets started their 3 or 4 best defenders today either.

100% of the focus will be on Wilson, his injury, and how long he's out.  But, the other focus will be what it was also always supposed to be, the development of young guys like AVT, Moore, Garrett, Sauce, JJII, the return of Lawson, etc.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Are you afraid of the competition, or something?

I’m shivering at the idea that someone who happily trolled the entire forum tonight, when no jets fan should be happy about an injury of this magnitude, is getting assmad at the neg reps I’m giving him to the point of having to write an essay about how great of a fan he is.

Shivering I tell ya.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Cryyyyy abouttttt ittttt to someone who careeeeees

“Flacco could be Vinny T” looooooool and MY credibility is at stake?!

I said Jimmy G could be ….your drunk , a clown , and a joke . Zero credibility. Forever . 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...