Jump to content

Robert Saleh is a Fraud.


Jet_Engine1
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Bronx said:

A blind and deaf baby would have sat Wilson in this game. The OL needed at least one week to gel. 

#FIRESALEH

He was hurt running and the second guessing is that it’s the OLs fault or the HC.

LOL 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He was hurt running and the second guessing is that it’s the OLs fault or the HC.

LOL 

Why risk it when the oline needed at least an additional week? Use commonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Why risk it when the oline needed at least an additional week? Use commonsense.

I know, should have known if he got injured while not getting touched it would be the OL fault and the HC should have realized that while not getting touched Zach could get injured.  Did the OL give up any sacks?  I don’t remember one.  
We get threads the team doesn’t practice enough while we get complaints that they shouldn’t play as much.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh

Nice guy

But has no answers and little to offer beyond catchphrases and rah rah coaching cliches 

 

Other than your cliches, where is Saleh lacking?  Actual things like clock management, players quitting, punting in game etc.  Real stuff.  Other than in his one year, with his entire secondary out, most of his DL etc, he had no answers.  
Curious with what the Jets operated under a year ago how many games would one of,your other choices have won?  An extra game? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I know, should have known if he got injured while not getting touched it would be the OL fault and the HC should have realized that while not getting touched Zach could get injured.  Did the OL give up any sacks?  I don’t remember one.  
We get threads the team doesn’t practice enough while we get complaints that they shouldn’t play as much.  

Honestly, I want to say something but I can't.  Well, stop patronizing and belittling every time I  post.Your counterpoint is more of an attack that using rationality.

Smart coaches like Bellicheat would have done it. I objected pregame for him to play, simply because of a hunch and commonsense. I would have waited until the following week to start him, to be on the safe side.

I give you thumbs up and don't track you down for negativity unless you start bickering.

420 out.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I'm as optimistic as the rest, but some posters here who state we can't vent seem to be ok with SOJ. I thought after this years draft and FA period, we were past SOJ. I'm not into that phrase, however this team looks unprepared PERIOD!!! There is no sugarcoating that statement. Unprepared is at the foot of the HC, and the coordinators, again PERIOD!!!

Preseason is inconsequential, however come out and look like you know what you're doing.

As Parcells said, "you play like you pratice."  I have had enough of this cheer;eading chump... I admit i wanted him but for crap sake, we rosted Rex and AG  for teams that seem unprepared...

If this CS doesn't get their sh*t together< i'll be the 1st to invest in billboards and flybys.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Honestly, I want to say something but I can't.  Well, stop patronizing and belittling every time I  post.Your counterpoint is more of an attack that using rationality.

Smart coaches like Bellicheat would have done it. I objected pregame for him to play, simply because of a hunch and commonsense. I would have waited until the following week to start him, to be on the safe side.

I give you thumbs up and don't track you down for negativity unless you start bickering.

420 out.

Patronizing and belittling you’re posts?  Because I don’t agree that Zach should have been held out?  
Lots of smart coaches started their starting QBs today.  From Mahomes on down.  Again the RT isn’t the reason ZW was injured, dumb luck got him

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I wouldn't argue against an O minded coach in an O minded league. Having said that let's slow down for a second. It's preseason week 1 year 2. Clearly though tonight is a sh*t sandwich that doesn't work in his favor. 

but OC and DC minded HC doesnt matter when your DC minded HC refuses to get involved with the defense.

i really hope someone in the Organization is telling him to stop that crap and get involved or he may be fired and never get another HC job again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, doitny said:

but OC and DC minded HC doesnt matter when your DC minded HC refuses to get involved with the defense.

i really hope someone in the Organization is telling him to stop that crap and get involved or he may be fired and never get another HC job again

DC is dead man walking. That’s the first body overboard when the raft starts taking on water.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, doitny said:

but OC and DC minded HC doesnt matter when your DC minded HC refuses to get involved with the defense.

i really hope someone in the Organization is telling him to stop that crap and get involved or he may be fired and never get another HC job again

That was what they wanted when they hired a HC.  They wanted a HC who delegated the units to their coordinator ala Belichick, Harbaugh, Tomlinson etc. 

How so many missed this is puzzling 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doitny said:

but OC and DC minded HC doesnt matter when your DC minded HC refuses to get involved with the defense.

i really hope someone in the Organization is telling him to stop that crap and get involved or he may be fired and never get another HC job again

He's there to delegate as the HC, but of course also hold all accountable such as the DC. I'll be interested in seeing the D during regular season games when they aren't supposedly "vanilla". Though I am tired of seeing zones devoid of any D player on pass plays as it seems pretty consistent going back to last year. The LB'ers are a problem, and probably part of the pass game issues. Hopefully some more preseason experience will help the younger guys who are going to see time.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

That was what they wanted when they hired a HC.  They wanted a HC who delegated the units to their coordinator ala Belichick, Harbaugh, Tomlinson etc. 

How so many missed this is puzzling 

thats all well and good until the defense sucks.

Saleh is supposed to be some kind of expert on defense. its almost as if he doesnt want to step on the DCs toes. give him the same kind of freedom he had at SF. problem is he was good there this guy is not. 

isnt the point in hiring a OC or a DC as HC is your supposed to be good on their side of the ball. Rex..Bowles ..Gase... didnt we all think we would better on their side of the ball? you only delegate when those guys are doing a good job. he can't sit back and let the defense be a dumpster fire again.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because?  
Kind of doesn’t need to show what he can do with players before throwing him out.  

yeah yeah i know, its just one preseason game but we saw the same bad defense and the same Zack Wilson from last year. you would think with and entire off season and TC they would have played better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doitny said:

thats all well and good until the defense sucks.

Saleh is supposed to be some kind of expert on defense. its almost as if he doesnt want to step on the DCs toes. give him the same kind of freedom he had at SF. problem is he was good there this guy is not. 

isnt the point in hiring a OC or a DC as HC is your supposed to be good on their side of the ball. Rex..Bowles ..Gase... didnt we all think we would better on their side of the ball? you only delegate when those guys are doing a good job. he can't sit back and let the defense be a dumpster fire again.

yeah yeah i know, its just one preseason game but we saw the same bad defense and the same Zack Wilson from last year. you would think with and entire off season and TC they would have played better.

You’ve seen one team, one seasons D.  Where his entire secondary was lost, where’s guys signed off the street started.  Where most of the DL had injury issues and lost time.  
Yes, in the past we hired coaches who ran their unit.  Bowles and Rex ran the D, Gase the O.  But that’s not the case here, Saleh has a DC who runs the D.  Why is this confusing?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont know if he is a fraud, but he is getting really good at bsing his way around in press conferences. Also, he worked his way to a HC job because of his supposed fiery personality....what happened? Did Ulbrick cut his b..s or something? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You’ve seen one team, one seasons D.  Where his entire secondary was lost, where’s guys signed off the street started.  Where most of the DL had injury issues and lost time.  
Yes, in the past we hired coaches who ran their unit.  Bowles and Rex ran the D, Gase the O.  But that’s not the case here, Saleh has a DC who runs the D.  Why is this confusing?  

and Rex and Bowles had DCs and Gase an OC. just because Saleh has one doent mean he cant run it.

yeah we had injuries last year but you forget we were the worst defense.............IN NFL HISTORY. that should have cost the DC his job. whats confusing is why Saleh didnt fire him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Patronizing and belittling you’re posts?  Because I don’t agree that Zach should have been held out?  
Lots of smart coaches started their starting QBs today.  From Mahomes on down.  Again the RT isn’t the reason ZW was injured, dumb luck got him

 

We have two of the best HC in the league in our division.  They didn’t play their starting QBs. 

Because some smart coaches played their starters it doesn’t follow that Saleh is a smart HC.  
 

I have no problem with Zach starting.  I have a problem with the Jets starters coming out flat.   For a team with the mantra all gas and no brains getting out hustled by the Eagles to start the game was a reflection on the teams leadership.  Philadelphia looked a lot more prepared to open that game.   Their very good HC started their starting QB.  He made the Jets D look soft as baby diarrhea.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, doitny said:

isnt the point in hiring a OC or a DC as HC is your supposed to be good on their side of the ball.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You’ve seen one team, one seasons D.  Where his entire secondary was lost, where’s guys signed off the street started.  Where most of the DL had injury issues and lost time.  
Yes, in the past we hired coaches who ran their unit.  Bowles and Rex ran the D, Gase the O.  But that’s not the case here, Saleh has a DC who runs the D.  Why is this confusing?  

I think both of you make valid points here.  Yes, I do expect the D to be stronger due to Saleh coming from that side of the ball.  However, it's too early to really judge Saleh yet.  Last year's team just wasn't good (or healthy) enough and it's hard to judge on preseason games (with vanilla defenses).

I do think that great coaches can overcome a lot of obstacles (e.g. BB would've done a lot better with our D last year than Saleh did) but let's at least give him a chance.  Saleh was a rookie HC.  Let's see how he develops this year.  Tbh, I don't have a ton of confidence in him but it's too early to definitively judge.  We'll learn a lot more about a lot of key people this year (e.g. ZW, Saleh, Ulbrich, LaFleur)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Coquito said:

Can't wait for the season to start, if this is what it's like after one pre-season game. Holy sh*t. 

With all the great NFL minds chiming up in this thread.... I feel like it's time to give up on our season already. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...