Speculation from video by sicscore: Zach torn ACL

thshadow

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And the reason he had to bail out of the pocket immediately?  Looked like Mitchell was a sheer and utter turnstile there at right tackle.

Jordan Davis absolutely destroyed McGovern.

Mitchell’s guy did get there first.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And the reason he had to bail out of the pocket immediately?  Looked like Mitchell was a sheer and utter turnstile there at right tackle.

I hope you're not suggesting that it's the OL's fault that Zach Wilson injured himself on a non-contact play by making an unnecessary cut instead of just going out of bounds.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I hope you're not suggesting that it's the OL's fault that Zach Wilson injured himself on a non-contact play by making an unnecessary cut instead of just going out of bounds.

Yes i am when a play is called for the qb to be in the pocket and two olineman get beat right off the snap and the QB has to run and gets hurt.

Hey bad luck on he injury but that does not remove the fact that two guys got beat as if they were not even there.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I don’t use this adjective much but I’m just sad about this news.

Sucks for Zach, sucks for the rest of the team and sucks for all of us. 

Yea, just a huge bummer.

another season over before December. Usually, the season is over by Halloween. August 12 is as advanced stuff, even for this franchise 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

I’m 100% on the start Mike White bandwagon. He’s not the player we saw against the Bengals but he’s also not the player we saw against the Bills. Give him a shot and see if he can get the ball in the hands of our playmakers.

No to Flacco. 

I’m in, but the coach isn’t 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes i am when a play is called for the qb to be in the pocket and two olineman get beat right off the snap and the QB has to run and gets hurt.

Hey bad luck on he injury but that does not remove the fact that two guys got beat as if they were not even there.

Zach wasn't even touched. That could've happened any time he took off and run.

And all he had to do was go out of bounds, and he'd be fine.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The first thing I am thinking is not about blaming the offensive line. It’s why didn’t Zach run out of bounds or slide?

Can't wait for the Jets to hire Joe Girardi again to teach our QB how to slide. Hope we have the cap space.

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not an encouraging sign that nobody has seen Zach since he went into the locker room. If it was something minor he would’ve come back out to the sideline in street clothing.

He’s going for a MRI regardless.  Those take some time 

8 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Presumably they’ve learned from the Becton situation not to say anything if they don’t show anything, but there are physical exam tests they can do to check for ACL, MCL, PCL, and meniscus injuries. There’s a decent chance they have a good idea if the results are bad - though I’m sure they’ll want the MRI anyway regardless of how it comes back. The ACL is more commonly non-contact. Kind of seems like they know it’s probably an ACL but are waiting to announce.