Rescue plan……..

There is only 1 option.  Its Jimmy G and he will be here shortly.  This is a billion dollar business.  You dont go with Joe Flacco when there is a qb out there in his prime who has gotten to multiple nfc championship games and a super bowl out there.

Its actually a dream scenario that a qb that good is out there and his old coach is our OC.  Its an effing miracle.

• Thumb Down 3

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is only 1 option.  Its Jimmy G and he will be here shortly.  This is a billion dollar business.  You dont go with Joe Flacco when there is a qb out there in his prime who has gotten to multiple nfc championship games and a super bowl out there.

Its actually a dream scenario that a qb that good is out there and his old coach is our OC.  Its an effing miracle.

Not according to the loser Chris Lopresti.  He's on SNY saying the Jets should just roll out Flacco and white and accept the fact that they suck and reboot with Wilson next year. Typical loser mentality

19 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

Try for Jimmy but if you loose out start Flacco, he can get a respectable 6-7 wins.  Saleh needs to take over the defense Ulbrich does not have them prepared. Time for Saleh to demand more from his coaches and players or he will be the next Jets fails coach.

Flacco has never been part of a win for the ny jets, he has not won an NFL game since October 13th, 2019

• Upvote 2

Pre season, game 1, and we are the worst team in the NFL.     Bad coach, bad GM, no talent but yes, rescue plan is a great conversation.    The BROWNS are far superior.   

if you really believe joe douglas is a bad gm why do you even root for this team - repeat after me… i am not a jet fan just a stupid troll… i am not a jet fan ………

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

if you really believe joe douglas is a bad gm why do you even root for this team - repeat after me… i am not a jet fan just a stupid troll… i am not a jet fan ………

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What above in my post is not accurate?  3 years in and we are not even close to 500. That team looked ill prepared. I am results oriented and 10 years of this is wearing on me. I do admit to drunk posting last night… Im on vacation and was a little over the top.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Anyone that thinks JD is a bad GM is clueless.

After 3 years, we have to let his record speak for him.  Lets see what this team looks like.   I liked the last 2 drafts but 2020 was a disaster.  He is far superior to the last 2 no question.  BUT, the Buffalo GM was my intern in 1996.  I have seen how good businessmen think and process.  I absolutely believe there are guys on this board who could have done better than MAC and Idzik. 

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

After 3 years, we have to let his record speak for him.  Lets see what this team looks like.   I liked the last 2 drafts but 2020 was a disaster.  He is far superior to the last 2 no question.  BUT, the Buffalo GM was my intern in 1996.  I absolutely believe there are guys on this board who could have done better than MAC and Idzik. 

He did the right thing. He totally broke the team down, and is now rebuilding it. They have a tremendous uptick in young talent. He took over a total sh*t show and it takes time to build the right way. His last two drafts look like home runs. Even last night, though preseason wins are meaningless, when was the last time our young depth players totally outplayed the opposition. Our third string TE, Ruckert is better than last years first string TE.

• Upvote 1

I like Douglas but blowing the QB and Head Coach is hard to overcome.  

im not a believer that preseason means anything.   Hope this is just results based on a very soft TC and the staff adjusts with a sense of urgency.   Camp positive vibes needs to take a page from marine boot camp and kick some ass.

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lol so the greatest GM in league history has to make a panic move because his hand picked backup at the most important position in sports is unplayable? Lol you funny, dog.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

6 wins in 2 years. Do you measure success in sports by some other metric?

It was Pretty clear what JD did maybe you should pay attention to the fact we got a new coaching staff which started a complete rebuild . In 2 years JD has put together a pretty talented roster now its up to the staff to coach them up not JD. How long the Jets give Saleh to get that done is anyone's guess but we can't be jumping the gun after the first preseason game, a game that did not feature all the starters on defense or on offense. 

I think we can make calls on what this team is after the 4th regular season game.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

It was Pretty clear what JD did maybe you should pay attention to the fact we got a new coaching staff which started a complete rebuild . In 2 years JD has put together a pretty talented roster now its up to the staff to coach them up not JD. How long the Jets give Saleh to get that done is anyone's guess but we can't be jumping the gun after the first preseason game, a game that did not feature all the starters on defense or on offense. 

I think we can make calls on what this team is after the 4th regular season game.

We keep saying we have a pretty talented roster… don’t ya think we also need to wait a few regular season games to test that hypothesis?

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

honestly.....jimmy g is injury prone and probably not the best idea to bring him in on a panic move

I can somewhat understand the Jimmy G scenario but if Jimmy G is not in the cards starting Flacco over Mike White is Ridiculous.

Its funny how people just dismiss Mike White but are willing to watch bad QB play from Wilson and give him the benefit his number 2 over all pick dictates ? Mike White showed a lot of Promise in actual NFL games he has a strong arm and very good touch in the short passing game for which this damn offense is designed so why is he not afforded a chance being the young QB he is to show what he's made of ?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Pre season, game 1, and we are the worst team in the NFL.     Bad coach, bad GM, no talent but yes, rescue plan is a great conversation.    The BROWNS are far superior.   

This is all on Saleh, not JD... He has brought some good players in here and has drafted well the last 2 years. This team seems to be on constant vacation, and never looks into playing a football game. If Saleh can't turn this around then he should be gone, and not just Ulrich. We need old school coaches who hold players accountable, and someone who actually can coach up a game plan.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Try for Jimmy but if you loose out start Flacco, he can get a respectable 6-7 wins.  Saleh needs to take over the defense Ulbrich does not have them prepared. Time for Saleh to demand more from his coaches and players or he will be the next Jets fails coach.

Just curious, when, not if, the oline keeps sucking and Garoppolo gets injured almost immediately, then what? I only say this because there is no way that anyone will be succesful behind that putrid line or with the lack of help of that swiss cheese defense. 

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Pretty desperate move in my opinion.  Let the current QBs practice with the first-team and roll with the punches. 

JD isn't deviating and you out of all people should know better.

Zero chance JD trades for Jimmy G Saleh continues to talk about a 3 year plan giving the team and himself excuses for this year and they aren't trading for a guy that will actually challenge Wilson or cause a controversy for next year....if Zach is out for the year it's Joe Flacco time and boredom by week 2.