Is good news possible? Tweets about Zach from Saleh's press conference: MERGED

Maxman

I don't get all the hubub. Pretty much everyone agrees that Zach was better when he came back from injury last season and now after the 2nd injury, it's a multiplicative effect so he'll be even better. Good call by Joe D and Saleh telling him not to slide so he can get better after injury sooner this year. They're playing 84D chess while you guys are playing checkers.  

P.V.O.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't get all the hubub. Pretty much everyone agrees that Zach was better when he came back from injury last season and now after the 2nd injury, it's a multiplicative effect so he'll be even better. Good call by Joe D and Saleh telling him not to slide so he can get better after injury sooner this year. They're playing 84D chess while you guys are playing checkers.  

P.V.O.

He’s like a Saiyan. Every time he gets beat down and loses, he gets stronger. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm really, really hoping it's not a season long injury and he can come back in a matter of weeks, but even if he can, I'm not looking forward to the built-in excuse some will give him if he struggles once he's back.

This is seriously the worst thing that could've happened tonight.

Zach was better last year after his PCL sprain. Maybe he needs to injure it to get his QB juices flowing.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im going to sleep boys.  Another unforgettable night in our Jets fandom history.  Lets hope for a Christmas miracle in August.  God bless us everyone!

Drunk Beer GIF

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That “parade” of posts was just @Joe W. Namath.

Best proof for my comment that the more vigorously one defends their optimism, the more fragile it is.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

Sooo you’re insinuating that the doctors tell Saleh one thing, then he goes out and just ignores what they said and instead makes things up on the fly to further his positive vibes agenda?

No, I'm saying they have no idea what they're talking about, and we should take anything they say with a grain of salt. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Neilos said:

I still don't understand why Zach tried to cut back instead of heading out of bounds?

Cause he missed his first throw terribly on the first drive (looked like last year) then threw an awful INT (same play from the Green/White scrimmage) and was trying to be a hero to make it all up.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Cause he missed his first throw terribly on the first drive (looked like last year) then threw an awful INT (same play from the Green/White scrimmage) and was trying to be a hero to make it all up.

Competitive athletes, particularly competitive young athletes, particularly competitive young athletes that feel they have something to prove, do not think:

-This is a meaningless game.

-Do the safe thing and live for another play.

-There might be adverse consequences.

There is not that processing. And that is the very large part of WHY they are in those positions in the first place. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It is concerning that the issues that plague him last year showed up in the short time he played last night.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Competitive athletes, particularly competitive young athletes, particularly competitive young athletes that feel they have something to prove, do not think:

There is not that processing. And that is the very large part of WHY they are in those positions in the first place. 

Not sure I buy this.  Young QB's slide all the time -  QB's are taught to protect their bodies.  Moreover they need to understand down and distance and make smart choices.  This wasn't even a 3rd down where he was trying to get to the sticks. 

They actually moved the ball a bit - he hit a couple of throws - started to look better.  Either slide or get out of bounds and you have a 3rd and short.  It was a bad and unnecessary choice - competitive or not.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not sure I buy this.  Young QB's slide all the time -  QB's are taught to protect their bodies.  Moreover they need to understand down and distance and make smart choices.  This wasn't even a 3rd down where he was trying to get to the sticks. 

They actually moved the ball a bit - he hit a couple of throws - started to look better.  Either slide or get out of bounds and you have a 3rd and short.  It was a bad and unnecessary choice - competitive or not.

It's a flip a coin type of thing as we don't know how his brain was processing. We can be sure that he is "pressing" in his mind. Pressing to make a play and quell a fan base. Athletes athlete. 

if he gets by a with a minor missing of time, maybe it is a blessing in disguise for that matter. That is how young athletes learn in those circumstances to have options. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

eh Im not too worried about that play or him playing hero ball.  1st game jitters and hopefully he learns from.  I think the whole offense though is more concerning.  WCO depends on good run game and good OL.  The Jets were stuffed last night and he was forcing it.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

After Saleh's Becton debacle, all he should have said was, "Ask me tomorrow after Zach's MRI...Next question".

I mean, feel free to beat this particular dead horse as long as you need to, but Becton’s knee was stable as far as the preliminary ACL tests they do. It’s not like broken kneecaps are a common occurrence. 

Same thing now with Zach and we’ll see, but he was just reporting what he’d heard so far. 

eh Im not too worried about that play or him playing hero ball.  1st game jitters and hopefully he learns from.  I think the whole offense though is more concerning.  WCO depends on good run game and good OL.  The Jets were stuffed last night and he was forcing it.

I would imagine that the line will look significantly better with Fant and Duane out there instead of Chuma and Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I mean, feel free to beat this particular dead horse as long as you need to, but Becton’s knee was stable as far as the preliminary ACL tests they do. It’s not like broken kneecaps are a common occurrence. 

Same thing now with Zach and we’ll see, but he was just reporting what he’d heard so far. 

You're free to absolve Saleh as much as you like, too.   Bottom line?  Saleh should STFU until he has the facts.

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Saleh himself conceded that he spoke out of turn and made his own problems. From Rosenblatt in The Athletic today:

“”Saleh wasn’t going to make that mistake again.

“I’m over with trying to decipher doctor language,” Saleh said.””

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1