Is good news possible? Tweets about Zach from Saleh's press conference: MERGED

Maxman

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh himself conceded that he spoke out of turn and made his own problems. From Rosenblatt in The Athletic today:

“”Saleh wasn’t going to make that mistake again.

“I’m over with trying to decipher doctor language,” Saleh said.””

And that’s what should happen. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh himself conceded that he spoke out of turn and made his own problems. From Rosenblatt in The Athletic today:

This is how Parcells learned. Rather than sate the media, give them as little as possible. Then it does not come back on you.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It's a flip a coin type of thing as we don't know how his brain was processing. We can be sure that he is "pressing" in his mind. Pressing to make a play and quell a fan base. Athletes athlete. 

if he gets by a with a minor missing of time, maybe it is a blessing in disguise for that matter. That is how young athletes learn in those circumstances to have options. 

I really dont think the coaching staff has a good plan when things dont work.  They tried and tried to run up middle and were stuffed putting the pressure on QB,  Why dont they try outside runs, roll outs, etc get the defense moving? did they?

Its like their plan when things are not working is for QB to do hero ball.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SickJetFan said:

I really dont think the coaching staff has a good plan when things dont work.  They tried and tried to run up middle and were stuffed putting the pressure on QB,  Why dont they try outside runs, roll outs, etc get the defense moving? did they?

Its like their plan when things are not working is for QB to do hero ball.

How many years have we said why they don't run screens more often?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

And that’s what should happen. 

You're right, that's the way it should be, but reading a lot of posts on here this morning, I didn't realize we had so many doctors as Jet Nation members.  And anyone wishing this kid has a season ending injury should be permanently banned...worse kind of Jet fan IMO!

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How many years have we said why they don't run screens more often?

if russel wilson was drafted by the Jets years ago you would never have heard his name again.  They just cant coach because they always trying to bring in the new up and comers that had 1 season of success as a coordinator who were managed by coaches like shannahan.

They better get their sh*t together and quick.

• Sympathy 2

Think it's a good thing if he is out for the season now Jets can get a competent QB. Before zach went down it looked like he regressed from last year rather start Flacco or trade for Grappolo then watch zach throw 5 picks a game and go 0-9 be out by October 

You’re a moron. Max needs to close registration for a while. We have idiots like this floooding this site to sh*t post
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Last season, when he felt pressure, we all saw Zach scramble to the right a hundred times.   And when he could, heave the ball deep.  He rarely ran out of bounds.   That's his "move".

His move? Scrambling and heaving the ball with men in chase is more like survival than a move like say a "brett farve jump throw". I'd say it was more of a poor decision. Or is any player that throws on the run regularly displaying their move? Basketball players have moves (often involving the ref ignoring a travel). Forte might be the word you're looking for. Scrambling and heaving the ball was his forte. 

6 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

His move? Scrambling and heaving the ball with men in chase is more like survival than a move like say a "brett farve jump throw". I'd say it was more of a poor decision. Or is any player that throws on the run regularly displaying their move? Basketball players have moves (often involving the ref ignoring a travel). Forte might be the word you're looking for. Scrambling and heaving the ball was his forte. 

Please don't tell me you're comparing Zach to Favre.  In Zach's case, he panics quickly.  And instead of stepping up in the pocket, he scampers to the sideline and tries for the homerun ball on the run.   As we've seen, it's worked a few times.  But most of the time, he get creamed, throws the ball a mile past his receiver, or blows out a knee (second time last night on similar scrambles).

I saw some posts yesterday on QBs we've lost in preseason to injury like Chad and Sanchez... But then I started thinking about how we've lost QBs to totally random stuff to start campaigns where they were about to have their second season as a starter and were expected to turn it on more ...and I remembered Geno's jaw and Sam's mono. 

We are really snake bit at this position. 

Mono, PCL's, kneecaps, now a bone bruise. WTF is with this franchise? We get the weirdest injuries of any sports team in history. On another note, it was totally aggravating to read twitter last night where idiots like this asshat who calls himself "David Chao - Profootballdoc" irresponsibly tweeted things such as "by video, the news is not good, torn acl". What a ridiculously idiotic thing to tweet with no facts to back it up at all, and this assclown is supposed to be a Doctor? So, if I get a bump on my head and go to this doctor, what's he going to say, "by the looks of it, you have terminal brain cancer?" Absolutely ridiculous. Also equally miffed at Leger Douzable who also tweeted "sources close to the club are saying torn ACL" trying to be the first to break the story of the end of our QB1's season.  Zack walked off of the field into the locker room on his own with no limp. I am no Doctor, but having watched football for decades and also having unfortunately seen many players tear their ACL, 99% of those who tear that ligament cannot walk on their own, let alone without limping. Most have to be carted to the locker room or assisted in some way to get there. That is totally irresponsible reporting and a total attention grab by these guys. Honestly, I used to love to read and interact with Leger's tweets, but this errant premature fake report coupled with his religious spewings have finally put me off. How do you go nuclear with no confirmation at all from the club, especially when the last thing the guys on the TV broadcast said before signing off was "wait for news after the mri tomorow"? Remember, Otis Livingston was down on the field with the club. If ZW had torn his ACL, he would be the first to know and relay it up to Ian Eagle, wouldn't he? SMH at the hysteria last night.

As for the game, not much to grab on to in PSG1. It was fun to watch Chris Streveler lead us back in the last 2 minutes, albeit against 10th stringers LOL. I am worried about the first-string defense. It looked the same as it did last year.  WR's, TE's open all over the place, making a JAG QB look like Tom Brady, hideous penalty by Quincy for hitting the QB out of bounds. I realize it is the first PS game and we were missing some guys, but it looked and felt eerily similar to last season. Incompetent coaching, and hopelessly out of a game within the first 5 minutes. I was starting to stir feelings in my dopey brain that Robert Saleh may just be a good cheerleader and good motivational speaker, but a terrible football coach. Hope I am wrong about that one. It's too early I know, but I did have Denver, NE, ATL flashbacks from last season. How pathetic is that?

Totally could have done without that really bad ZW int. That was the same lack of discipline and poor decision making which we saw last year. He also missed an easy screen pass with no touch on it. He did make 1 nice throw to EM on a slant pass which was his only completion I believe. All in all, it looked as if nothing with ZW has changed. Hoping this was an issue due to no scheming, not being able to run the ball a lick, and new/missing personnel. 

Let's not delude ourselves any longer, Mike White is 3rd string at best. He had the chance to claim the QB2 position last night but absolutely stunk. If ZW is out for any extended period of time, Flacco is QB1.

Denzel Mims is a goner. Boy was I wrong about him, he is a nothing player. He is as smooth as sandpaper out there. Lined up offside yet again. If JD could get a 10th round pick for him, take it. I know there is no 10th round LOL. This basically puts a bow and a huge Sayonarra to the 2020 draft which was a bust of Idzik proportions. Drafting like that is why this franchise is mired in a whirlpool of failure, year in and year out. Fortunately, something changed in the FO for the 2021 and 2022 drafts because they have both yielded a lot of good, young talent. It is almost as though JD was a trainee GM in 2020 with Mike McCagnan standing there telling him who to pick. It is really bizarre that a GM can pick so badly one year, then immediately turn it around picking (almost) perfectly the next 2 years.

Special teams were stellar again as they were last season as well. KR with 1:45 to go helped Streveler lead us back to win. No missed FG or EP attempts, Mann was fairly solid punting and saved a TD with a tackle as well.

To sum up, I am not as excited as I was yesterday morning for this upcoming season. I saw the same defensive and offensive issues last night, that I saw all of last season. Guys wide open all over the field, defenders standing by themselves deep in the secondary with no clue what to do, not being able to run the ball a lick, bad QB1 decisions and missing simple screen passes. Hoping things improve and we can at least be playing meaningful games into October. They have TONS of work to do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

"doctor language".  lmao.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

It's like Zach hater Christmas. All of them scurried out of their holes to puke out the same tired crap about Zach rather than hoping he is OK. I can literally read a post and know the poster just by his particular wording of his Zach bashing. 

I don't care what people tell me anymore - there are people here truly happy Zach didn't look good. 

I find it sad, but it's obvious....

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't care what people tell me anymore - there are people here truly happy Zach didn't look good. 

I find it sad, but it's obvious....

Yes and I don't get it. It is definitely the minority but there is certainly a very vocal minority that hates Zach and literally hopes for him to fail. I am pro Zach but I will be objective and decide he is not the game if he shows that, but we are a long long way from really knowing that.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

That has nothing to do with Becton and Cimini, and everything to do with Saleh trying to sell us his putrid positive vibes and telling us the doctors think it's fine.

I don't recall what the entirety of this conversation is about so I will say, its always about Cimini. And I don't buy anything Saleh is selling. So in closing, 

season 6 episode 25 GIF

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

It's like Zach hater Christmas. All of them scurried out of their holes to puke out the same tired crap about Zach rather than hoping he is OK. I can literally read a post and know the poster just by his particular wording of his Zach bashing. 

The user name next to the post is also a dead giveaway