My Wife had an MRI of her brain this week

Maxman

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

We got the results on Friday.  Quick recap, her breast cancer had come back last year, a few surgeries and chemo every few weeks, since last May. Then in January (new years eve) to be exact they found out the breast cancer spread to her brain.

New chemo started this winter and before that whole head radiation. This process is a real MF'er, it knocks you out for two months.

Anyhow, I recap and mention all this because on Friday she had her 2nd brain MRI.  The news was fantastic, the radiation worked and the new chemo is working. It is basically all gone in her brain, two pinpoint spots that are shrinking and they might just be scar tissue. Everything else is gone.

She has a Scan of her upper body at the end of the month to check on everything else. Last time the news was good there, hoping for more good news.

I type all this out because I refuse to let the Jets ruin any day. My daughter and younger son were in a play tonight and I saw the Zach Wilson stuff just as the show was about to start. Sucks. So sad. Devastating.

Then I breathe and as much as I want the Jets to win, as mad as I get when bad things happen to the Jets, I remind myself it is just a game. And I appreciate even being able to root for this crazy franchise. Cancer is brutal, wouldn't wish it on anybody. But watching Lauren battle for the past 9 years, man it sure has changed my perspective.

Here is to some good news for Zach Wilson on Saturday!

Wonderful news.  God bless Lauren, you and family

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

We got the results on Friday.  Quick recap, her breast cancer had come back last year, a few surgeries and chemo every few weeks, since last May. Then in January (new years eve) to be exact they found out the breast cancer spread to her brain.

New chemo started this winter and before that whole head radiation. This process is a real MF'er, it knocks you out for two months.

Anyhow, I recap and mention all this because on Friday she had her 2nd brain MRI.  The news was fantastic, the radiation worked and the new chemo is working. It is basically all gone in her brain, two pinpoint spots that are shrinking and they might just be scar tissue. Everything else is gone.

She has a Scan of her upper body at the end of the month to check on everything else. Last time the news was good there, hoping for more good news.

I type all this out because I refuse to let the Jets ruin any day. My daughter and younger son were in a play tonight and I saw the Zach Wilson stuff just as the show was about to start. Sucks. So sad. Devastating.

Then I breathe and as much as I want the Jets to win, as mad as I get when bad things happen to the Jets, I remind myself it is just a game. And I appreciate even being able to root for this crazy franchise. Cancer is brutal, wouldn't wish it on anybody. But watching Lauren battle for the past 9 years, man it sure has changed my perspective.

Wonderful news!  And sports don't matter at all in the bigger picture.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Miracles do happen!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Best news I've heard this week!

So happy for Lauren and your fam.  Wishing continued good health.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Amazing news! I just said a prayer for her and praise be to God for the healing and continued healing.

• Post of the Week 1

This is amazing news, and gives me hope. We lost my Father in Law to Cancer in November. By the time he was diagnosed, it was so advanced he never had a chance.

My Father is starting to lose his battle, he's on Keytruda now after years of Chemo/Radiation, but they just can't seem to kill the crap. He has rapidly lost weight the last couple of months and it's looking grim. 

And my Mother in Law had a Mastectomy on Monday and has been staying with us this week. She's tough and recovering well, but I don't think it's really set in yet. 

**** Monkey pox or the Government Flu, Cancer is affecting people at unprecedented rates. 

It should be top priority. 

Friends/Family I've lost to Cancer:

Julio Del Rio, Firefighter and Jets fan, died at 51 of Pancreatic Cancer. 2 weeks from diagnosis to passing. His daughter was 12 when he died. 

Jack Strenges, Police Captain, Brain Cancer at 50

My Uncle Douglas, Bladder Cancer, 68

My Aunt Barbara, Lymphatic Cancer, 58 

Bill Keane, retired FDNY, Glioblastoma and Kidney, 67

Uncle Barney, retired NYPD, Retired from second career as a Sarasota County Teacher, Cancer 77 y/o

My Cousin Dennis, metastatic Kidney Cancer, died at 50

My cousin Lisa's Husband Mike, NYPD, died at 45. 3 kids. Worked the pile at WTC recovery. 

Those are just people I was close to. 

This sh*t has to stop.  

• Sympathy 3

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't know you at all, but I'm thrilled to hear this!  Great news.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

And this folks is all that matters. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Awesome @Maxman. Even though the world seems crazy right now there still are personal victories and no better than within the family. God speed to you an you family. Savor this, prayers.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Praise God, that’s great news Max.

My dad was recently diagnosed with cancer and about to start treatment soon (hopefully).

Sorry to hear that.  The treatments have advanced so much, it is amazing how things have changed and are changing. I hope he is cancer free shortly!

On 8/13/2022 at 11:42 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

This is amazing news, and gives me hope. We lost my Father in Law to Cancer in November. By the time he was diagnosed, it was so advanced he never had a chance.

My Father is starting to lose his battle, he's on Keytruda now after years of Chemo/Radiation, but they just can't seem to kill the crap. He has rapidly lost weight the last couple of months and it's looking grim. 

And my Mother in Law had a Mastectomy on Monday and has been staying with us this week. She's tough and recovering well, but I don't think it's really set in yet. 

**** Monkey pox or the Government Flu, Cancer is affecting people at unprecedented rates. 

It should be top priority. 

Friends/Family I've lost to Cancer:

Julio Del Rio, Firefighter and Jets fan, died at 51 of Pancreatic Cancer. 2 weeks from diagnosis to passing. His daughter was 12 when he died. 

Jack Strenges, Police Captain, Brain Cancer at 50

My Uncle Douglas, Bladder Cancer, 68

My Aunt Barbara, Lymphatic Cancer, 58 

Bill Keane, retired FDNY, Glioblastoma and Kidney, 67

Uncle Barney, retired NYPD, Retired from second career as a Sarasota County Teacher, Cancer 77 y/o

My Cousin Dennis, metastatic Kidney Cancer, died at 50

My cousin Lisa's Husband Mike, NYPD, died at 45. 3 kids. Worked the pile at WTC recovery. 

Those are just people I was close to. 

This sh*t has to stop.  

So sorry to hear this.  It is everywhere, it does not discriminate.  I hope your father starts putting weight back on and the treatment plan helps him. I am not familar with Keytruda but there are so many encouraging immunotherapy's out there. He is in my prayers!

Same for your Mother in Law.  Hopefully her treatment plan only involves radiation!

It is rough man, your list is long. Really sorry!

Thank you everyone, the messages mean the world to us!

The news last week was amazing. Exactly what we were praying for on the brain results.

The fight continues. Chemo again on Monday (she goes once every three weeks) and then another scan of the body at the end of the month.

Scanxiety is a very real thing. So she won't exhale at all right now, hopefully the results there are good. This new drug enhertu has been promising.

Thanks again, I appreciate the prayers and well wishes so much!

• Sympathy 4

On 8/13/2022 at 2:03 AM, Maxman said:

Great news Max. I hope that all of the bad and scary times, keep getting smaller in your rear view mirror.

Thank you  @Maxman for sharing... God bless you and your family!  Putting stuff in perspective is always welcome and I'm rooting so hard for your wife.  Thanks as well for providing us the platform to talk all things Jets and interact with some of our most passionate fans.  F*** cancer and I hope the Jets have a kick ass season so you can enjoy as well! 

• Sympathy 1