The game didn’t go well last night despite the win, but we don’t need an individual thread from everyone on the matter (MERGED)

Ghost

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

• Team looks awful

• I’m not knocking Zack for his bad pick as he apparently had a strong camp. So hope he plays this season so we know if he’s the guy or not

• Maybe better off if Flacco starts the first month and get the young offense set and a benchmark for Zack to meet if he returns from injury this season

• 1st team run blocking as horrible

• defense overall completely soft and lost

There is nothing positive about Wilson missing a single day of camp, let alone 4-8 weeks.  Players do not get better by watching.  The only thing good about him missing a few weeks is that it is so much better than him missing the season. 

• Upvote 1

Sure, the team looked bad. It’s the first preseason game. Since when do preseason games reflect what happens in the regular season? Personally, I don’t particularly like Saleh defense, but I can’t imagine them being quite this poor in the regular season. Maybe they will be? I doubt it.

• Upvote 2

This team has the exact same energy as last year and just like last year they can’t stop a nose bleed. 

Moving forward Zach had multiple injuries in college and now 2 to the same knee in the pros, like Becton he may just always be prone to injury

This will be a very interesting year because it wouldn’t surprise me if we are drafting another QB in the first round next year….

• Upvote 1

I don’t think woody thinks like a business owner - he’s so silver spoon he really doesn’t get it and the Jets are absurdly valuable despite sucking for over a decade.  Think about that.  You out out a terrible product and print money. 
that said - I owned my own biz for 15+ years.  I would be extremely concerned.  Salah has to show some courage and willingness to upset people.  He’s a politician…with the players mostly.  Time to own the defense (your coordinator is aweful) and get the team to play with energy.  Know the situation - your fam base needs to see improvement.  Last night was not good, pre season or not

14 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

1st live action , missing Lawson, Mosley, Reed . As Aaron Rodgers would say RELAX. 

Yes, missing those guys, but that doesn't change that Saleh's preparation for this defense was atrocious.  Again. Saying key players were out doesnot excuse that.  Not one bit.  They were totally unprepared for the Eagles 'mighty' offense.  Just like most games last season.  What, exactly, does Saleh do to get this defense ready for anything?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Exactly.  Wilson just keeps showing us who he is.  How about his first or second throw to a wide open receiver?   Had him for at least a five yard gain, but sailed it 10 yards over his head.  We need to face that Zach is not now, or will ever be, "the guy".

You are 100% correct.  He is not "the guy".  Nor will he ever be "the guy."  

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

There's never been a regime that's accomplished so little with a more passionate fanbase than the incomparable JD/Salah/Wilson combo. 

Eh, they’ve also played one NFL season together. 

seems like kind of a meaningless statement 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Preseason

Jesus H

Bill Bellicheat sat his starters including Noodlearms 2.0 

Why risk Zach Wilson when the OL needed more time? I understand that he got hurt playing hero ball, but they should have held him back against the Eagles and played him in the second preseason game.

"Preseason"

Jesus FC

• Upvote 1

Hard to take too much from preseason pass coverage, but overall yeah just looked uninspired on the DL and OL. What was actually bad bad was the absurd late hit on Hurts and the tackle attempt by Kwon Alexander on the Goddert touchdown. That falls directly on bad practice habits and the coaching. Williams not getting pulled from the game was crazy. The Alexander tackle was a startling peak into what Jets practices look like. 

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You are wrong ... but ... the problem is the team looked incredibly soft, unprepared and poorly coached at nearly every level.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

And the absence of many starters is absolutely no excuse for how bad the rest looked.  LOL.  You could see these guys were totally unprepared.  Prep is prep and the lack of it is usually obvious.  Like yesterday.  Like so may games last year, The Jets defense was lost right out of the gate.  

• Sympathy 1

You’d like to see a more inspired effort ..out of the gate. However, if they were inspired…that’s a problem too.

We sense Saleh is running a “soft camp”..with injury prevention as a top priority. But can we blame him?  Jets perennially are ranked at or near the top with regard to the # of injuries..the # that take out key players..etc.  It never seems to let up.

Obviously, the main concern is with Wilson…and whether he’ll be out for a month or possibly much longer.

Saleh/coaches/players get a mulligan, but what a bummer of a pre-season opener.  

Edited by Greg555
Grammar
  • Upvote 2

It's about as bad of a start as could be imagined.  I'm not hitting the panic button yet, but it's certainly concerning.  Yes, we all know it's preseason.

Perhaps this will bring the hype down a bit.  There are a ton of IFs on this team, and if you are being realistic, it's very unlikely that most of them will hit.  We went from the #4 pick and one of the worst defenses in the NFL to many fans thinking playoffs are a reasonable expectation in a single offseason.  We even had a playoff mandate thread not long ago.  Take a step back, realize this is still a very young team, and the coaching staff and many of the expected key contributors are still very much unproven.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, they’ve also played one NFL season together. 

seems like kind of a meaningless statement 

People have gone overboard with the pom pom waving over the past few years......any Jet fan over the age of 16 really should be taking a wait and see approach with this franchise not putting guys who haven't accomplished anything on pedestals...just my opinion.

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You guys are making waaaaaaay too much out of this 1st pre-season (scrimmage). Not too much game planning goes on.

Other than Zach needing to remember that there’s a reason the out of bounds lines exists, especially for QBs, I found that the players vying for a backup spot played rather well.

Lets hope the news is good today.

this

• Upvote 1

The Wilson pick was...more of the same...for me.
I dunno .. could have been SO many thing ..looked like a partial breakdown to me . Timing was off etc ... but no excuse really ... PS if anything ... should be a dress rehearsal without the script.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

This forum is unsufferably toxic... The sky is falling and the know-it-all wannabe GMs come out to do victory laps on every negative thing that happens... 

It truly sucks that it has come to this... Optimists are fought on every thread...  Just a bunch of cranky old men bitching on what they Jets will screw up on next. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yes, missing those guys, but that doesn't change that Saleh's preparation for this defense was atrocious.  Again. Saying key players were out doesnot excuse that.  Not one bit.  They were totally unprepared for the Eagles 'mighty' offense.  Just like most games last season.  What, exactly, does Saleh do to get this defense ready for anything?

They should have been scheming and blitzing like it was the SB , otherwise the "fans" would lose faith.  If this was gm 1 against the Ravens I'd be right with you. Way too much stock put into a pre-season game whether good or bad.