The game didn’t go well last night despite the win, but we don’t need an individual thread from everyone on the matter (MERGED)

Ghost

2 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

Hes still got that hero ball mentality in his second year, he didn’t learn not to snatch victory from the Jaws of defeat last year with that QB sneak. There was no reason not to run out of bounds considering the stupid hit Quincy put on Hurts, sorry for him but he needs to grow up and fast!

Sadly, the scramble to the sidelines and chuck the ball downfield is Zach's only play.  But ask him to complete a quick five yard out to a wide open receiver?  Forget it.  He can't do it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

There is nothing dumb about wondering if your HC is one of the softest HC's of all time. I've given Saleh some time to show me what kind of coach he actually is, and it's proving to be a softy.... If you didn't pull Williams for that hit then you're a softy. Even if it's for one play to call him over and tell him if you see that type of hit again, you're going to be seeing the bench. I'm not saying he had to show his player up, or throw a tantrum. Just show some leadership. Also, it's time to start looking at a new DC if Saleh is having nothing to do with play design or calls. This D is horrendous after hearing how many sacks in practice it keeps getting.

Have your team prepared to play is all we're asking.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I am still puzzled by this tackle attempt

That’s a high school level route concept and it fooled three different Jets DBs right out of their shoes. 6 is Jordan Whitehead, who is a veteran making a business decision on the play.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I am a big Saleh fan but honestly was not impressed with what I saw tonight.  Though the team looked flat and unprepared and I thought Saleh should have sent Quincy to the locker room after that bush league hit.

You’re not as big a fan as you thought you were if one pre-season game (which they won, mind you) tears the whole thing down on top of your head.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Oh and our GM stays the same. As much as I'd like Peyton as well, he's probably going to Dallas. Not sure I want to lose ML, but I'm also not sure he's ready to be a HC. So I don't have any answers. First choice would be Peyton however if he and JD can make it work. I'm against anything that would lose us JD at this moment, unless the powers that be promise us a Patriots type dynasty for the next 15 years. lol

You guys are making waaaaaaay too much out of this 1st pre-season (scrimmage). Not too much game planning goes on.

Other than Zach needing to remember that there’s a reason the out of bounds lines exists, especially for QBs, I found that the players vying for a backup spot played rather well.

Lets hope the news is good today.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

If Brian Flores is the coach then they need to burn it all to the ground and it has nothing to do with his Dolphins drama. He's a horrendous coach. 

Would he really be worse?

Because I have news for you, Saleh's Jets underwhelm as hard as any of Gase's teams. He came to us as a defensive whiz kid and we promptly had the worst defense in the league by any measure last year. 

I'm still burning over QW's late hit, that defense last night was a complete flashback to last season and likely doubles as a preview to the coming season.

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Really enjoying these guys on here now posting that Saleh runs soft practices, which results in soft teams. As if@Matt39 and myself weren’t saying this from the start and getting hollered down.

Yes, and in like 4-5 years you just need to randomly remind the whole board you said it first. Everyone loves when I do this. ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sackdance said:

Because I have news for you, Saleh's Jets underwhelm as hard as any of Gase's teams. He came to us as a defensive whiz kid and we promptly had the worst defense in the league by any measure last year. 

I'm still burning over QW's late hit, that defense last night was a complete flashback to last season and likely doubles as a preview to the coming season.

At least the last few years, it seems like we get called for a ton of late hits and other defensive personal fouls.   The players are the dopes who need to know the situation and where they are on the field.  But it's mainly on the HC and DC to drill that stuff into their players.  The QW hit last night was beyond egregious.   Plus, he hit Hurts in the head.  I thought he was going to get ejected from the game.

• Upvote 1

I mean, "Could the defense have played any worse coming out of the gate last night?"  The eagles receivers were wide open, the pass rush wasn't there, they ran the ball well.  The defense looked uninspired, outclassed and unprepared.

Isn't Saleh supposed to be the defensive guru?  The Jets Defense was among the worst in the NFL last season, and it seems that they have picked up exactly where they left off.  

The Jets piled on with supposed amazing talent on the defensive line with pass rushing prowess, but that didn't seem to be evident when it mattered most early in the game.  

If I were the owner of the Jets, I would put Saleh on notice after the game last night, and seriously consider firing him before the 1st game of the season if this keeps up.  

I was extremely impressed with Clemons, and feel that this guy will turn out to be the best player of the Jets draft, along with possibly the receiver Wilson.

The players and coaches were all excited to play against another team finally, and that excitement must have evaporated before they took the field, because it looked like the Jets were playing the 17th game of the year last night, ending another 4-13 season.  

And not to beat a dead horse, but Zach Wilson looked like total sh*t before he got injured.  If he is not seriously injured as I hope he is not, he needs to be able to ride the bench and fight for the starting job back before I allow him to start another game.  I will say it now, "Zach Wilson was a bad pick, and he is not the QB of the future."   I will also say it now, "Robert Saleh is not the head coach of the future."

There now, I feel slightly better.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Besides the Wilson stuff I thought the team looked uninspired. Too much talent and money spent for them to come out looking listless. The Jets don’t seem to have a bad cop on the coaching staff when needed. Philly overall is the worst major city in America, I agree there.

One thing that may help us is the attitude of Sauce. He shows Ray Lewis type of inspiration even when on the sideline and this team can use that type of player to act that way.

33 minutes ago, sackdance said:

I did not say anything about Saleh and it turns out that Saleh's ability or lack thereof as a coach has no bearing on Flores. Also, and I'm about to blow your mind here... the Jets don't have to hire a coach just because "he wouldn't be worse".  This is not actually a rule. They could actually hire a quality coach instead of hiring another crappy HC like Flores. 

• Upvote 3

• Team looks awful

• I’m not knocking Zack for his bad pick as he apparently had a strong camp. So hope he plays this season so we know if he’s the guy or not

• Maybe better off if Flacco starts the first month and get the young offense set and a benchmark for Zack to meet if he returns from injury this season

• 1st team run blocking as horrible

• defense overall completely soft and lost

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Really enjoying these guys on here now posting that Saleh runs soft practices, which results in soft teams. As if@Matt39 and myself weren’t saying this from the start and getting hollered down.

The more a view gets blasted here, the more likely it will be vindicated in the end.

Jets fans en masse are the greatest contrary indicator in sport. Been begging for years for Max to put in a stock picking sub forum.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Sadly, the scramble to the sidelines and chuck the ball downfield is Zach's only play.  But ask him to complete a quick five yard out to a wide open receiver?  Forget it.  He can't do it.

Exactly, he also still has that rookie mentality of wanting to make up for the previous horrendous throw which is what I think he was doing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1