The game didn’t go well last night despite the win, but we don’t need an individual thread from everyone on the matter (MERGED)

Ghost

This forum is unsufferably toxic... The sky is falling and the know-it-all wannabe GMs come out to do victory laps on every negative thing that happens... 
It truly sucks that it has come to this... Optimists are fought on every thread...  Just a bunch of cranky old men bitching on what they Jets will screw up on next. 
.. and yet we remain ...

... like cold flakes of snow falling accross a forests of tombstones ... blanketing the empty vessels of once rich souls ... hollow ... shrunken ... despicable portraits of the men of yesterday's gone ...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yes, missing those guys, but that doesn't change that Saleh's preparation for this defense was atrocious.  Again. Saying key players were out doesnot excuse that.  Not one bit.  They were totally unprepared for the Eagles 'mighty' offense.  Just like most games last season.  What, exactly, does Saleh do to get this defense ready for anything?

Lol. What are you doing? It’s a preseason game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This place is filled with diehards who have watched this team for decades. People are venting.

There's venting and there's Jet fan over reaction. It's taken on an art form all of its own gleefully urged on by the trolls and media click batters that flood social media. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

There's venting and there's Jet fan over reaction. It's taken on an art form all of its own gleefully urged on by the trolls and media click batters that flood social media. 

I don’t disagree. People are nuts. 

Regardless, the solution is to put your more measured and sane takes out into universe and let the chips fall where they may. People have a right to be crazy loons on the internet. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Regardless, the solution is to put your more measured and sane takes out into universe and let the chips fall where they may. People have a right to be crazy loons on the internet. 

donkey GIF

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed on too much Pom Pom waving, but there’s also too much wanting to get rid of guys who completed one season in the NFL. It works both ways. 

Extremism in any direction makes for bad... evaluations of the situation.

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Being a Jets fan is hard. Coming to this board sometimes makes it harder. Can we settle somewhere between nuthugging and tar and feathering?

Thank you, Joe Douglas. 

No. However, we have good men working on how to combine the two. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. What are you doing? It’s a preseason game. 

I'm relaying what my eyes saw yesterday. Yes, it's a preseason game that Saleh did not have his defense prepared for. Similar to what we saw during the 2021 regular season.  Yay.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Turn off the ******* rap at practice and actually game plan after that game 

Every football team above Pop Warner plays music all practice. Been that way going on 3 decades.

Problem what is or is not going on in meetings and gamplanning sessions. Good thing this team is not on "Hard Knocks"; would not be a good look. 

Zach Wilson didn't run at all last preseason and we were like why is he not running?

This preseason he runs and gets hurt. I rather ZW to just not run AT ALL even in regular games because he's just too injury prone.

He really does need to let plays develop for our guys to get open and not panic when the ball is snapped and trust the OL(I know we didn't have our starting Tackles last night). He just needs to calm the hell down. It was only almost two series for him. I think he will hold us back when he returns for not being able to get the reps this preseason. Hope I'm wrong.

18 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Last week:  Why is Zach only getting 8 reps in practice?  Doesn't Saleh know Zach sucks and he needs all the reps he can possibly get?  Saleh is a fraud!

Today: Why was Zach out there getting reps?  Doesn't Saleh know our season hinges on his health!  Saleh is a fraud!

Huh? Who said he shouldnt play? He clearly needs reps.....

17 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Last week:  Why is Zach only getting 8 reps in practice?  Doesn't Saleh know Zach sucks and he needs all the reps he can possibly get?  Saleh is a fraud!

Today: Why was Zach out there getting reps?  Doesn't Saleh know our season hinges on his health!  Saleh is a fraud!

Sneaking suspicion Jets' CS and front office know this was a horrible pick, and Wilson will never be even  an adequate NFL starter. Injury or not, this moment was inevitable. There are careers on the line here. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet25 said:

Zach Wilson didn't run at all last preseason and we were like why is he not running?

This preseason he runs and gets hurt. I rather ZW to just not run AT ALL even in regular games because he's just too injury prone.

He really does need to let plays develop for our guys to get open and not panic when the ball is snapped and trust the OL(I know we didn't have our starting Tackles last night). He just needs to calm the hell down. It was only almost two series for him. I think he will hold us back when he returns for not being able to get the reps this preseason. Hope I'm wrong.

I'd love to see where people were saying that about the pre-season. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My observations: 

4. Mims is off the team, Becton is off the team, Ashtyn Davis is off the team, and no way is Zuniga beating out Clemons for a job. Douglas’ 2020 is worse than the Idzik 15 (or whatever you call it) because at least Sheldon Richardson has been a quality starter in the league  

It was the Idzik 14 in the 2014 draft. 

Sheldon Richardson was drafted #13 overall in 2013 with the Revis draft pick. 
He was a top 10 talent but fell due to character issues, thus why he was a steal & DROY for the Idzik and the Jets. 

Clemons, alone, will save Douglass. But Douglas has built a solid foundation with the Non-COVID draft picks (2020 was an overall abomination) and should be spared. Saleh and his staff have SHOWN NOTHING to be spared the Executioner’s Beheading Axe! 

I'm relaying what my eyes saw yesterday. Yes, it's a preseason game that Saleh did not have his defense prepared for. Similar to what we saw during the 2021 regular season.  Yay.
Exactly ..

I dont care about preseason wins.

I care about the team looking sharp, executing efficiently, physical dominance, crisp route running, no hesitation in the cadence or execution.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

this is where we get the same people telling us nothing actually matters

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Absolutely,  I'm just amazed how many people will feed off the crazies. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Because they don’t game plan. Geesh. They play a regular base defense. And 5 starters were out. Even then, it’s still a pre season game. Where guys are just there to cheer for the bubble guys to play well. 

Just don’t watch until week 1. It’s easier. If Baltimore tears the D apart then fine, warranted. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There is nothing positive about Wilson missing a single day of camp, let alone 4-8 weeks.  Players do not get better by watching.  The only thing good about him missing a few weeks is that it is so much better than him missing the season. 

It certainly isn’t a positive for him. 

But looking for a silver lining / positive spin if he misses a few weeks is that a vet like Flacco may be able to set the offense up with all young players and new OL.

Zack comes back and hopefully elevates and grows with a more cohesive unit.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Huh? Who said he shouldnt play? He clearly needs reps.....

He should not have played in a preseason game with the top 4 tackles out or injured. Period. If he was going to play, he should never ever have been running, especially a few minutes after seeing Hurts take a late hit.  He needs reps in practice. Every one with the first team. 

We all have seen this movie way too many times. When players play in such unprepared, uninspired and undisciplined manner, injuries galore are right around the corner. Injuries will pile on to the point it's vastly clear the year is done. We will expect nothing. By mid season, some unexpected players will "impress" mostly on garbage time and games are absolutely out of reach.

Oh and the Jets doctors will absolutely f..k Wilson's career, not the season. He will come back shortly and certainly get re injured , be on the injury bubble and eventually be out forever.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I mean, "Could the defense have played any worse coming out of the gate last night?"  The eagles receivers were wide open, the pass rush wasn't there, they ran the ball well.  The defense looked uninspired, outclassed and unprepared.

Isn't Saleh supposed to be the defensive guru?  The Jets Defense was among the worst in the NFL last season, and it seems that they have picked up exactly where they left off.  

The Jets piled on with supposed amazing talent on the defensive line with pass rushing prowess, but that didn't seem to be evident when it mattered most early in the game.  

If I were the owner of the Jets, I would put Saleh on notice after the game last night, and seriously consider firing him before the 1st game of the season if this keeps up.  

I was extremely impressed with Clemons, and feel that this guy will turn out to be the best player of the Jets draft, along with possibly the receiver Wilson.

The players and coaches were all excited to play against another team finally, and that excitement must have evaporated before they took the field, because it looked like the Jets were playing the 17th game of the year last night, ending another 4-13 season.  

And not to beat a dead horse, but Zach Wilson looked like total sh*t before he got injured.  If he is not seriously injured as I hope he is not, he needs to be able to ride the bench and fight for the starting job back before I allow him to start another game.  I will say it now, "Zach Wilson was a bad pick, and he is not the QB of the future."   I will also say it now, "Robert Saleh is not the head coach of the future."

There now, I feel slightly better.

Nothing would scream stability and consistency to a new hire than firing a coach during the preseason/before the first game. Will be a breeze installing a new staff and systems on the fly - good franchises do this all the time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed on too much Pom Pom waving, but there’s also too much wanting to get rid of guys who completed one season in the NFL. It works both ways. 

People express extreme views on the Internet. More at 11.