Jump to content

The game didn’t go well last night despite the win, but we don’t need an individual thread from everyone on the matter (MERGED)


Ghost
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Bill Bellicheat sat his starters including Noodlearms 2.0 

Why risk Zach Wilson when the OL needed more time? I understand that he got hurt playing hero ball, but they should have held him back against the Eagles and played him in the second preseason game.

"Preseason"

Jesus FC

Ok, but it was a non contact injury that could have happened anytime.

 

Better now than week 1 or week 4 or week 8.

 

the bigger concern is that Mr. Wilson is quickly earning the “injury prone” label 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Because they don’t game plan. Geesh. They play a regular base defense. And 5 starters were out. Even then, it’s still a pre season game. Where guys are just there to cheer for the bubble guys to play well. 

Just don’t watch until week 1. It’s easier. If Baltimore tears the D apart then fine, warranted. 

funny... looked pretty much like all those games in 2021 where Saleh was supposed to game plan.  Are you saying that the Jets defense looks bad whether they game plan or not?  Because yesterday resembled regular season 2021.  It looked like the boys were not prepared and no matter what nonsensical excuses get posted, those young men should have been prepared. No?   And they weren't.  Like Saleh's 2021 reg season.  Not a good look notwithstanding the "nothing matters" excuse crowd.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

funny... looked pretty much like all those games in 2021 where Saleh was supposed to game plan.  Are you saying that the Jets defense looks bad whether they game plan or not?  Because yesterday resembled regular season 2021.  It looked like the boys were not prepared and no matter what nonsensical excuses get posted, those young men should have been prepared. No?   And they weren't.  Like Saleh's 2021 reg season.  Not a good look notwithstanding the "nothing matters" excuse crowd.

Lol. Step outside. Preseason doesn’t matter. It’s gonna be ok. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Is your name Karen and would you  like to talk to my manager? 

Eh. You guys have been riding a wave of ridiculousness the past few months. Haskins was a 'victim'. Thread locked. That sh*t was borderline offensive to be honest. And now you guys are doubling down on this pom pom waving narrative so much so that it's derailing threads worse than any troll could.  I'm sorry that debate and discussion are things. Beginning to think there's something to the NYJ press pass thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Eh. You guys have been riding a wave of ridiculousness the past few months. Haskins was a 'victim'. Thread locked. That sh*t was borderline offensive to be honest. And now you guys are doubling down on this pom pom waving narrative so much so that it's derailing threads worse than any troll could.  I'm sorry that debate and discussion are things. Beginning to think there's something to the NYJ press pass thing. 

Please show me where I’ve committed to this pom pom waving thing? You can’t because I haven’t. Nobody cares what you think of any of this. If you don’t like it here go post back  at JI over at Scout. The 5 of you can all talk about how bad it is here. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Please show me where I’ve committed to this pom pom waving thing? You can’t because I haven’t. Nobody cares what you think of any of this. If you don’t like it here go post back  at JI over at Scout. The 5 of you can all talk about how bad it is here. 

Wow, dude. Listen to yourself. Yikes. 

 

You literally called the OP a troll because the post isn't sunshine and rainbows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

Wow, dude. Listen to yourself. Yikes. 

Well honestly I never understood the need for someone like you to come to this message board and complain about everything. What’s missing in your life? If you don’t like it here stop coming. Go find a place you enjoy, because obviously this isn’t it. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well honestly I never understood the need for someone like you to come to this message board and complain about everything. What’s missing in your life? If you don’t like it here stop coming. Go find a place you enjoy, because obviously this isn’t it. 

Been here for 8 years, my guy. What a weird thing to say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, but it was a non contact injury that could have happened anytime.

 

Better now than week 1 or week 4 or week 8.

 

the bigger concern is that Mr. Wilson is quickly earning the “injury prone” label 

I hope he gets the chance to un-earn it and plays every reg season snap no matter what happens or how horrendous the early returns may be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So 8 years on a message board that you don’t like how it’s ran or moderated? Nothing weird there. 

I love the board. There are some missing posters lately though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

I love the board. There are some missing posters lately though. 

Many vanish when their more… vehement… takes are invalidated but I’ve found the solution for that — never be wrong 😃 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I love the board. There are some missing posters lately though. 

Ok, then enjoy the board and stop asking me why I do what I do and you and I will get along fine. Sorry if I misunderstood. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also think some apologies are owed to a few of us dubbed "negative" posters.  Last night demonstrated an ugly truth about JN posters:  While some of us supposed negative nancies believe this team is largely just a "QB away" from contention, quite a few "positive posters" had meltdowns last night, believing the season to be over.

I'm fully embracing the Positive Vibes Only stance that our glorious leader Bob Saleh hath commanded. 

What say you that were ready to give up so quickly last night?  

 

What Say You Season 6 GIF by The Office

  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Really enjoying these guys on here now posting that Saleh runs soft practices, which results in soft teams. As if@Matt39 and myself weren’t saying this from the start and getting hollered down.

A lot of people are calling this a "show me" year for Wilson,  but the guy I'm waiting to show me something is Saleh. So far,  other than some catchy memes,  he's showed me nothing.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I also think some apologies are owed to a few of us dubbed "negative" posters.  Last night demonstrated an ugly truth about JN posters:  While some of us supposed negative nancies believe this team is largely just a "QB away" from contention, quite a few "positive posters" had meltdowns last night, believing the season to be over.

I'm fully embracing the Positive Vibes Only stance that our glorious leader Bob Saleh hath commanded.  What say you that were ready to give up so quickly last night?  

 

What Say You Season 6 GIF by The Office

Their optimism was tested… and found lacking.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Nothing would scream stability and consistency to a new hire than firing a coach during the preseason/before the first game. Will be a breeze installing a new staff and systems on the fly - good franchises do this all the time. 

Of course you are right.  It would be dumb to fire the coaching staff during the preseason.  I do feel though, that Mr. Johnson must hold everyone accountable, and let everyone know that he means business, and expects the Jets to at least compete each and every week.  Let's forget about wins and losses for the moment, but those first 2 drives by Philly occurred without the defense competing.  They looked horrible and didn't show anything.  I get that 5 out of the 11 starters were not on the field, which tells me that the 2nd stringers who were in the game at the time weren't competing.  I expect more, and this fanbase should expect more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

There's a reason why the optimists last much, much less time on JN than the pessimists.  We simply have more gumption.  

Only upside surprises are possible for us… we don’t have to pull ourselves constantly from the pit of disappointment.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

I did not like  that QW wasnt pulled from that game.  Parcells would have grabbed him by the ears 

Bullshi..., he would have patted him on the back. Let's not get carried away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe in Zach Wilson and Robert Saleh.  But if I am being honest, I saw Robert Saleh's team come out unprepared and flat, and I saw Zach Wilson have the same issues(inaccurate short passes and boneheaded ints) that he struggled with last year.

It is preseason so I am not super concerned but a mental note was taken last night.  We need to be better then that on both those fronts.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...