We just upgraded

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think the Brady analogy was about the worst example you could have used. Brady established a body of work proceeding that. On the other hand, Zach's  body of work includes finishing last or near last in every statistical  category that matters for a QB. He did finish close to top of one category though.  Highest  percentage  of off target throws. 

You and others are so over the top in over-reaction and over analysis of 5 passes it is a joke.  In a regular season game, Wilson would have thrown 30-40 passes and could have easily settled down.  Next game if he goes 5-5 for 80 yards on his first drive and then sits for the rest of the game, are you going to proclaim him the next NFL star?  5 passes in August means nothing, regardless of what he did last year.  In fact, Wilson looked very good in preseason games last year. What did that prove or demonstrate?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You and others are so over the top in over-reaction and over analysis of 5 passes it is a joke.  In a regular season game, Wilson would have thrown 30-40 passes and could have easily settled down.  Next game if he goes 5-5 for 80 yards on his first drive and sits, are you going to proclaim him the next NFL star?  5 passes in August means nothing, regardless of what he did last year.  

I agree with this but it was that first pass that really worried me - less worried about the INT to be honest.

That first pass was his major problem last year - Just being wildly wild on short throws.  I have continued to say if Wilson can be accurate with those balls he's going to be, at worst, very good.  That stuff plagued him last year - but he seemed to grow out of it late.

Yes, it's just one throw but it's basically the one throw I didn't want to see him miss.  

With that said, he did seem to settle down on the second drive for a couple of passes and looked more comfortable.  I can give the kid a pass on nerves for that one throw - I just hope it was just an aberration and not a return.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

you guys who hate Wilson probably should have put the celebration on hold until the MRI results came back.

you very well could be staring at the milf-hunter week 1. 

Hate is a straw man word. There are definitely a large crew of skeptics (?) but I hope he’s in the saddle the entire season. I want to be proven wrong. That can’t happen with him sidelined.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

2008:

Super Bowl MVP QB: Brett Favre (füçk Desmond Howard, I saw that game back in 1996)

Pro Bowl LT: D’Brickshaw Ferguson

Jets ended up 9-7 and out of playoffs. HC was fired. 

but I do agree with the premise of your post that Flacco will probably run this offense better and expedite the development of the young WR, TE, and RB Corp. Also being able to create drives and avoid TOs which, under the Saleh regime, has CONSTANTLY had the defense in tough positions defending a smaller field and gassed by the 3rd qtr. after the O’s 3 and outs. 

Well done. I forgot how good that ‘08 team was with Favre. If he didn’t get hurt…man. I do think that the roster was significantly upgraded in ‘09 and ‘10 though, and if we had found a way to keep him happy, we’d have at least gotten to a SB and very potentially won one. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Flacco’s stability is 0-5 as a Jet

I’ve never thought of W-L as a QB stat, but since you do, please do Zach’s so we can compare.

Even in those 0-5 games, the offense functioned better than most of Zach’s games. The only Zach game where that’s not true is obviously the TB game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You and others are so over the top in over-reaction and over analysis of 5 passes it is a joke.  In a regular season game, Wilson would have thrown 30-40 passes and could have easily settled down.  Next game if he goes 5-5 for 80 yards on his first drive and then sits for the rest of the game, are you going to proclaim him the next NFL star?  5 passes in August means nothing, regardless of what he did last year.  In fact, Wilson looked very good in preseason games last year. What did that prove or demonstrate?

The next game will be in the regular season. If he goes 5 for 5 and sits, it will mean he got hurt again and therefore  will be proclaimed a busted pick by everyone. 

These were his forst throws all year under adversity. No red vest and he had the yips. He certainly wasn't an example of calm back there. That is what most of us are troubled by. There is no excuse for locking on receivers multiple times and making dumb ass decisions running the ball. He is supposed to be past that. These are rookie mistakes. 

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

The biggest travesty of last night is likely that we don’t get a definitive answer on Wilson this season.  For those of us who thought, “probably not,” it’s worst case scenario to go into year 3 not knowing what to do at QB.

Ultimately, if he’s out most to all of this year, you have to hope for the Rivers/Brees situation.

Yep. Despite how I felt, I wanted to see Zach get his games this year so we can get a real determination on him. If he does end up coming back from injury early, then that’ll happen. If he doesn’t, it just means the rest of the offensive skill players will get to play with a guy who can help them develop faster than maybe Zach would.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Not to agree or disagree, but this isn't over. He has a damaged meniscus and "bone bruise". I had an MRI on my ankle a few years ago after an OTJ injury. MRI report showed an ATF tear and "unspecified injury to Talus".

During arthroscopic surgery, doctor sees my ATF tendon is RUPTURED, the Talus had a Fx, and the Achilles was partially torn as well. 4-6 weeks of recovery/rehab turned into 8 months out. Used a Knee Scooter for 6. 

I think the Dr. Chao's of the world, while they guessed ACL because those are typical on non contact injuries, may have been too specific in making a "diagnosis", the fact that he had damage to the knee is real and still developing. 

IF (a Huge, Bolded, Capitalized IF) Flacco tears it up week 1, gives JD and Saleh a reason to stick with the Vet, let Zach sit, watch, hang out with LaFleur game days, learn, and get even stronger. 

I haven't liked what I have seen of Zach. Guys that are drafted high and are destined to become good to great QBs typically show that they belong quickly. Wilson just hasn't done that yet.

The few reps he got last night were garbage, before the injury he got by being dumb. He needs to sit and learn, and not come back at 300lbs. 

I’m with all of this, and to be fair I made my post before news came out that it’s a few weeks as opposed to the whole year. Everything I had ready prior to my post said it was the ACL.

17 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’ve never thought of W-L as a QB stat, but since you do, please do Zach’s so we can compare.

Even in those 0-5 games, the offense functioned better than most of Zach’s games. The only Zach game where that’s not true is obviously the TB game.

Sure! 

Zach is 3-10 as a starter, which is a better winning percentage than 0-5.

also, you forgot the titans game and arguably the Jags game and the eagles game was probably comparable to anything Flacco has done outside of maybe home against NE in 2020 

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He already kinda did.  In his 2 games with Flacco in 2020, Mims caught 7 passes for 133 yards.

Darnold and Zach have held Mims back.

Yes, Darnold and Zach made Mims commit dumb penalty after dumb penalty and generally look uninterested 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

you guys who hate Wilson probably should have put the celebration on hold until the MRI results came back.

you very well could be staring at the milf-hunter week 1. 

Aren’t you always bragging about how you’re a physicist? You’re quite sensitive to be so logic based professionally.

I don’t hate Zach. I wish he were better. If he turns out to be better, I’ll be ecstatic. I said as much in my post. But I’m not just a Zach fan, I’m a fan on the whole team. The entire point of my post is that the injury could have been a “blessing in disguise” because it would help allll of the other young guys on the team develop.

Take a break from the numbers and try reading the words of the post that you’re going to bitch about.

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Aren’t you always bragging about how you’re a physicist? You’re quite sensitive to be so logic based professionally.

I don’t hate Zach. I wish he were better. If he turns out to be better, I’ll be ecstatic. I said as much in my post. But I’m not just a Zach fan, I’m a fan on the whole team. The entire point of my post is that the injury could have been a “blessing in disguise” because it would help allll of the other young guys on the team develop.

Take a break from the numbers and try reading the words of the post that you’re going to bitch about.

I don’t see how it’s “sensitive”

I actually sort of think this post makes you look “sensitive,”  tbh 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Nah just honest and from Brooklyn.

The jerkoffs that jump on every ******* opportunity to trash the QB make this place un****ingbearable.

But I'll play. The "tough guys" in my neighborhood weren't exactly known for their Zen like demeanor. I wasn't one of them.

Oh good, the wambulance is here.

Find one post of mine trashing any of the Jets QBs over the years. Use that search function.

Cant help you if you don’t like dealing in facts, but keep your ******* jerkoffs to the privacy of your own room.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sure! 

Zach is 3-10 as a starter, which is a better winning percentage than 0-5.

also, you forgot the titans game and arguably the Jags game and the eagles game was probably comparable to anything Flacco has done outside of maybe home against NE in 2020 

Who said anything about win percentage? I wanted to look at the W-L record to talk about their number of losses. Accordingly, Zach is doubly worse than Flacco as starter of the Jets. Therefore, the rest of the offensive players’ development would be better with Flacco.

Thanks for providing the numbers to prove my point. 

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t see how it’s “sensitive”

I actually sort of think this post makes you look “sensitive,”  tbh 

Take a breath buddy. It’s Saturday after the first preseason game. You have a lot more season left to be using up all your sensitive posts in one thread where you don’t even understand the premise.

Who said anything about win percentage? I wanted to look at the W-L record to talk about their number of losses. Accordingly, Zach is doubly worse than Flacco as starter of the Jets. Therefore, the rest of the offensive players’ development would be better with Flacco.

Thanks for providing the numbers to prove my point. 

How else could we possibly compare their W/L records without using winning percentage? They didn’t play the same number of games . . . 

Zach is “doubly worse” as a starter but has a better winning percentage? Mmmk. 

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Take a breath buddy. It’s Saturday after the first preseason game. You have a lot more season left to be using up all your sensitive posts in one thread where you don’t even understand the premise.

Let me ask you a question - do you think you are making interesting points? Just trolling? 

Just now, slimjasi said:

How else could we possibly compare their W/L records without using winning percentage? They didn’t play the same number of games . . . 

Zach is “doubly worse” as a starter but has a better winning percentage? Mmmk. 

If you want to compare win percentages, please compare their wins and losses as NFL starters; not just the ones that help your argument.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

# 2 overall pick has a .230 winning % compared to .000 for the ancient vet who visibly doesn't want to be on the field.

Huge victory, sir.  Congrats!

Sure - but this is changing the argument. 

I didn’t say Zach Wilson’s winning percentage was “good” or even “acceptable” - I just pointed out that his winning percentage was technically better than the guy’s I was asked to directly compare it to. Not sure what else to say? 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Let me ask you a question - do you think you are making interesting points? Just trolling? 

Well, you downvoted my original post and called me a hater. I made my point clear in the opening post and have spent all of my other responses to you trying to help you get to the point that you so badly missed. Get to my actual point quicker and you won’t get any more responses from me. It’s quite simple.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sure - but this is changing the argument. 

I didn’t say Zach Wilson’s winning percentage was “good” or even “acceptable” - I just pointed out that his winning percentage was technically better than the guy’s I was asked to directly compare it to. Not sure what else to say? 

I think you were the one that changed the argument, because greenwich even acknowledged that Flacco was 0-5.  But what he also stated in that post you responded to is that the offense performed better with Flacco under center.  Which is actually true.  Even though the 2020 team had less talent on it than the 2021 team.  

Statistically, the Jets offense performed better under Flacco than Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

If you want to compare win percentages, please compare their wins and losses as NFL starters; not just the ones that help your argument.

if you are comparing two records to one another, winning percentage is your only way to do it objectively, unless each guy has played the same number of games. I didn’t just include the games that “help my argument,” in point of fact, I included all of them. That’s how winning percentage works! 

You asked me to compare their records - and I did! I’m sorry if you didn’t think it through! 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think you were the one that changed the argument, because greenwich even acknowledged that Flacco was 0-5.  But what he also stated in that post you responded to is that the offense performed better with Flacco under center.  Which is actually true.  Even though the 2020 team had less talent on it than the 2021 team.  

Statistically, the Jets offense performed better under Flacco than Wilson. 

Nope - He asked me to compare their records - I did. 

I actually haven’t looked at Flacco’s stats as a Jet QB and wasn’t responding to that. No argument changing required. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nope - He asked me to compare their records - I did. 

I actually haven’t looked at Flacco’s stats as a Jet QB and wasn’t responding to that. No argument changing required. 

So now we know the next step in this discussion then don't we, lol.  You've got some homework to do sir!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Hate is a straw man word. There are definitely a large crew of skeptics (?) but I hope he’s in the saddle the entire season. I want to be proven wrong. That can’t happen with him sidelined.

Disagree. 

I think people have made their feelings pretty well known. 

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Disagree. 

I think people have made their feelings pretty well known. 

It’s as big a mistake to diagnose intent and true belief from what people say at the maximal point of despair as it is to diagnose knee injuries from a 8 second video clip.

Everyone but the true secret double agents here (which number in the low, low single digits, if not zero) hope and pray the QB becomes a laser hot turbo stud. People do, however, vent in comical and melodramatic ways when frustrated. If you have children — or ever were one yourself — this is a point that should not require reference or citation.