We just upgraded

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

But it WAS a large enough sample size to talk about Flacco being worse simply because he's 0-5, eh?

No - My argument isn’t that Flacco is “worse” than Wilson, my argument is that playing Flacco is pointless. In order to justify playing Flacco, he would have to be head and shoulders better than every other QB on the roster and give us a legit chance to compete. But he really doesn’t. 

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I am not saying everything is fine. I am not saying Wilson will work out. I am saying you cannot tell diddly squat from 5 passes in a preseason game. That is all.  I can show you a 5 pass sequence from any QB in NFL history and from that make each one look like either the best or worst QB in NFL history.  5 passes (really 2 here) does not tell anyone anything.  You are dissecting a potential career based on 20-30 seconds of live action. You are attaching significance to an insignificant event. It is ridiculous. That is all.  

What I am describing is the progress ( or lack of it) I see. That is pretty much it. Can Zach be a good QB. Don't  really know but he didn't  do anything to convince me he is against the Eagles

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What I am describing is the progress ( or lack of it) I see. That is pretty much it. Can Zach be a good QB. Don't  really know but he didn't  do anything to convince me he is against the Eagles

You are like talking to a wall.  I give up.  You can't judge progress on a player who will throw 500-600 passes this season in real games based  on 5 (or 2) passes in a preseason game. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We are squarely in the realm of hope, now. Which is fine, but I do bristle at those that clap back at those who don’t feel it.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You are like talking to a wall.  I give up.  You can't judge progress on a player who will throw 500-600 passes this season in real games based  on 5 (or 2) passes in a preseason game. 

Thank Darnold. I gave that guy every benefit  of the doubt much like you are here. Didn't  quite workout for me. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

It's not hopeless and I am not trying to come off like that, but what I am saying is I didn't  see anything to give me any. 

On the contrary, I am saying the pro side of things is hope-based. Again, this is fine — expected even — for a team’s fans, but the vitriol against skeptics comes off as very bitter and lacking in confidence.

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Don’t worry we’re not hitting our heads

Mike White is going to get first team reps for the next month and every Jets receiver is going to fall in love with him and it’ll be a short trip to the glue factory for Zach Wilson and his lame gams.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mike White is going to get first team reps for the next month and every Jets receiver is going to fall in love with him and it’ll be a short trip to the glue factory for Zach Wilson and his lame gams.

Other than the WRs are already head over heels over ZW and that ZW needs to look over his shoulder, yeah

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Thank Darnold. I gave that guy every benefit  of the doubt much like you are here. Didn't  quite workout for me. 

Same. The fact that Sam was more impressive as a rookie also doesn't help provide me much patience with Zach. I'm done making excuses for these guys. It's exhausting. 

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Right church wrong pew buddy.  It may only be a modest surge in the deep water ocean at this point but you are missing the coming Streveler tsunami

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I banged the table for Trey Lance. @JiFapono and I argued the 3 months prior to the draft about Lance or Fields. 

I saw Wilson as a Kellen Clemens type prospect, tbh.

Did we argue?  I dont remember.  I was busy fighting all the Fields haterz but I was cool w/ Lance too, I just didnt want Wilson.  lol

• Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Did we argue?  I dont remember.  I was busy fighting all the Fields haterz but I was cool w/ Lance too, I just didnt want Wilson.  lol

Yeah, I liked Lance a lot more, you liked Fields. Meh. Why would you want a huge, strong, big armed, fast, powerful guy at QB?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/13/2022 at 10:38 AM, Beerfish said:

If you want a quality vet you go get one before disaster strikes.  Flacco stinks and does not win at all.

The love on this site for Flacco is truly bizarre.

If you are going to go the draft a young QB route you have to take your lumps with suspect play for a few years.

If you are not prepared as a team to do that you never draft a young QB high you just add vet QBs and build the rest of the team.

As for Becton, the guy is a total bust and all you can hope for is that he surprises next year if he is here but you do not factor him in as a starting player at all.

the back up qb is almost always the most popular guy on the team (until he comes in and plays a few games to show why he's a back up).  as for flacco,  i don't see him as ever being an elite qb.  sure he won a superbowl but those ravens teams were also pretty darn good in all respects.  maybe if he was a few years younger the feeling for flacco would be more logical.  i think now about the only thing we can say is he's better than mccown and is capable of managing a game.

at this point it sounds like he's going to be the starter to open the season.  they're saying wilson will be ready in 2-4 weeks but i don't think they'll rush it.  after becton the last thing they need is for a guy to come back and then go down again.

22 hours ago, jgb said:

On the contrary, I am saying the pro side of things is hope-based. Again, this is fine — expected even — for a team’s fans, but the vitriol against skeptics comes off as very bitter and lacking in confidence.

I don't think it's that at all.  It's pushing back on ridiculousness.

There's certainly reason to be skeptical of Wilson or heck even, as you stated, have no hope - it's fine.  There's plenty of reasons to have those feelings.

But to use 5 passes in a pre-season game as justification for it is just silly. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think it's that at all.  It's pushing back on ridiculousness.

There's certainly reason to be skeptical of Wilson or heck even, as you stated, have no hope - it's fine.  There's plenty of reasons to have those feelings.

But to use 5 passes in a pre-season game as justification for it is just silly. 

Sir, my views on him changed not one iota based on this game. In fact, the only ones who changed their mind were aggressively positive of the young lad.

• Upvote 1