Jump to content

We just upgraded


Recommended Posts

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

But it WAS a large enough sample size to talk about Flacco being worse simply because he's 0-5, eh?

No - My argument isn’t that Flacco is “worse” than Wilson, my argument is that playing Flacco is pointless. In order to justify playing Flacco, he would have to be head and shoulders better than every other QB on the roster and give us a legit chance to compete. But he really doesn’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I am not saying everything is fine. I am not saying Wilson will work out. I am saying you cannot tell diddly squat from 5 passes in a preseason game. That is all.  I can show you a 5 pass sequence from any QB in NFL history and from that make each one look like either the best or worst QB in NFL history.  5 passes (really 2 here) does not tell anyone anything.  You are dissecting a potential career based on 20-30 seconds of live action. You are attaching significance to an insignificant event. It is ridiculous. That is all.  

What I am describing is the progress ( or lack of it) I see. That is pretty much it. Can Zach be a good QB. Don't  really know but he didn't  do anything to convince me he is against the Eagles

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What I am describing is the progress ( or lack of it) I see. That is pretty much it. Can Zach be a good QB. Don't  really know but he didn't  do anything to convince me he is against the Eagles

You are like talking to a wall.  I give up.  You can't judge progress on a player who will throw 500-600 passes this season in real games based  on 5 (or 2) passes in a preseason game. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The thing about low-floor/high-ceiling players is that the far majority of those guys stay on the floor.

True but not as many as those in the low floor-floor/low-ceiling group ala Mike White.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

you guys who hate Wilson probably should have put the celebration on hold until the MRI results came back.

 

you very well could be staring at the milf-hunter week 1. 

 

 

 

 

 

I love that he can find milf's because he cant find open WR's.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I love that he can find milf's because he cant find open WR's.

Yeah because 3-5 proves he can’t.

But hey, allows you keep beating the MILF joke to death 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What I am describing is the progress ( or lack of it) I see. That is pretty much it. Can Zach be a good QB. Don't  really know but he didn't  do anything to convince me he is against the Eagles

We are squarely in the realm of hope, now. Which is fine, but I do bristle at those that clap back at those who don’t feel it.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You are like talking to a wall.  I give up.  You can't judge progress on a player who will throw 500-600 passes this season in real games based  on 5 (or 2) passes in a preseason game. 

Thank Darnold. I gave that guy every benefit  of the doubt much like you are here. Didn't  quite workout for me. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

We are squarely in the realm of hope, now. Which is fine, but I do bristle at those that clap back at those who don’t feel it.

It's not hopeless and I am not trying to come off like that, but what I am saying is I didn't  see anything to give me any. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

It's not hopeless and I am not trying to come off like that, but what I am saying is I didn't  see anything to give me any. 

On the contrary, I am saying the pro side of things is hope-based. Again, this is fine — expected even — for a team’s fans, but the vitriol against skeptics comes off as very bitter and lacking in confidence.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Him scoring MILF's is the only thing I like about him, actually.  17 ppg doesn't cut it in this league.

Neither did the offensive roster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Don’t worry we’re not hitting our heads

Mike White is going to get first team reps for the next month and every Jets receiver is going to fall in love with him and it’ll be a short trip to the glue factory for Zach Wilson and his lame gams.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mike White is going to get first team reps for the next month and every Jets receiver is going to fall in love with him and it’ll be a short trip to the glue factory for Zach Wilson and his lame gams.

Other than the WRs are already head over heels over ZW and that ZW needs to look over his shoulder, yeah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Thank Darnold. I gave that guy every benefit  of the doubt much like you are here. Didn't  quite workout for me. 

Same. The fact that Sam was more impressive as a rookie also doesn't help provide me much patience with Zach. I'm done making excuses for these guys. It's exhausting. 

 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mike White is going to get first team reps for the next month and every Jets receiver is going to fall in love with him and it’ll be a short trip to the glue factory for Zach Wilson and his lame gams.

Right church wrong pew buddy.  It may only be a modest surge in the deep water ocean at this point but you are missing the coming Streveler tsunami

  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I banged the table for Trey Lance. @JiFapono and I argued the 3 months prior to the draft about Lance or Fields. 

 

I saw Wilson as a Kellen Clemens type prospect, tbh.

Did we argue?  I dont remember.  I was busy fighting all the Fields haterz but I was cool w/ Lance too, I just didnt want Wilson.  lol

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Did we argue?  I dont remember.  I was busy fighting all the Fields haterz but I was cool w/ Lance too, I just didnt want Wilson.  lol

Yeah, I liked Lance a lot more, you liked Fields. Meh. Why would you want a huge, strong, big armed, fast, powerful guy at QB?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2022 at 10:38 AM, Beerfish said:

If you want a quality vet you go get one before disaster strikes.  Flacco stinks and does not win at all.

The love on this site for Flacco is truly bizarre.

If you are going to go the draft a young QB route you have to take your lumps with suspect play for a few years.

If you are not prepared as a team to do that you never draft a young QB high you just add vet QBs and build the rest of the team.

As for Becton, the guy is a total bust and all you can hope for is that he surprises next year if he is here but you do not factor him in as a starting player at all.

the back up qb is almost always the most popular guy on the team (until he comes in and plays a few games to show why he's a back up).  as for flacco,  i don't see him as ever being an elite qb.  sure he won a superbowl but those ravens teams were also pretty darn good in all respects.  maybe if he was a few years younger the feeling for flacco would be more logical.  i think now about the only thing we can say is he's better than mccown and is capable of managing a game.

at this point it sounds like he's going to be the starter to open the season.  they're saying wilson will be ready in 2-4 weeks but i don't think they'll rush it.  after becton the last thing they need is for a guy to come back and then go down again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, jgb said:

On the contrary, I am saying the pro side of things is hope-based. Again, this is fine — expected even — for a team’s fans, but the vitriol against skeptics comes off as very bitter and lacking in confidence.

I don't think it's that at all.  It's pushing back on ridiculousness.

There's certainly reason to be skeptical of Wilson or heck even, as you stated, have no hope - it's fine.  There's plenty of reasons to have those feelings.

But to use 5 passes in a pre-season game as justification for it is just silly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think it's that at all.  It's pushing back on ridiculousness.

There's certainly reason to be skeptical of Wilson or heck even, as you stated, have no hope - it's fine.  There's plenty of reasons to have those feelings.

But to use 5 passes in a pre-season game as justification for it is just silly. 

Sir, my views on him changed not one iota based on this game. In fact, the only ones who changed their mind were aggressively positive of the young lad.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...