11 "Bubble Players" I liked vs Philly / Predicting the 1st 5 cuts

Just finished watching the replay and came up with these 11 "bubble players" that I thought helped themselves:

1. Lawrence Cager 6'5" 220 Georgia (TE/WR)   
    Not only made a couple of nice catches but if you watch closely, he lined up in a several spots and blocked ok, not great, but ok - much more likely to be on the PS than Yeboah IMHO

2. Tanzel Smart 6'1" 296 Tulane (DL)     
    Dude is a beast.  He's just undersized and doesn't stand up great when you run right at him, but he gets after it - mark him down as an obvious practice squader

3. Jabari Zuniga  6'3" 264 Florida
    Abused both Philly backup OTs and lined up all across the front - he's on the active roster if we had to cut to 53 today IMHO

4. Zonovan Knight 5'11" 210 NC State (RB)  (2022 UDFA)
    He's AT LEAST on the practice squad and then you have to start thinking if anyone else will steal him.  Could win a spot on the 53 from someone

5. Rachard Wildgoose 5'10" 191 Wisconsin (CB)  
    I'll be honest, I REALLY liked his play the entire game - had mostly strong coverage and seems like a strong tackler - I think he's on the 53 man roster as of today 

6. Bryce Huff 6'3" 255 Memphis (DE) 
    Maybe the most interesting player on the team - makes plays, is around the ball, but JEEZ, it will be hard to keep him with the depth at DE

7. Ross Pierschbacher 6'4" 315 Alabama (G/C)  
    Played a lot vs the Philly 2nd team and was very solid - gonna be hard for him to get on the 53 roster, but a strong Practice Squad player

8. Nate Herbig 6'4" 330 Stanford (C/G) 
    He was probably never really "on the bubble", but he played well at both guard and center vs the backups - looked good to me

9. Chris Streveler 6'1" 216 South Dakota (QB)
    I mean we all saw it - athletic QB with good decision making - seems like an obvious Practice Squad choice right now

10. La'Michael Perine 5'11" 216 Florida  (RB) 
    He's not a superstar runner, but he's okay and you could see some nice blocks on offense and on returns.  Seems to have nice vision and runs hard - could actually be a guy who is stolen if we try to get him on the PS

11. Irvin Charles 6'4" 212 Indiana Univ (PA) (WR) 
    Made a nice special teams play and was wide open a couple of times but wasn't targeted, also made some nice (not great) blocks in run game.  For the 1st time out, he showed promise

I also liked Rashard Davis and Calvin Jackson at WR, Grant Hermanns and Isaiah Williams on the OL, Tim Ward on the DL, and Del'Shawn Phillips at LB

Everyone has to cut down from 90 to 85 by Tuesday, here is my guess at the 1st 5 cuts

1. Keshunn Abram WR
    Signed a large UDFA contract, but seems to be at the bottom of the WR depth chart - might stick around a bit longer just because of the contract
  2. Kai Nacua - LB/S 
    I like him as a player and think he has potential, he made a couple of tackles but it's a numbers game
  3. Luq Barcoo CB
    Hate to cut a CB with 2 preseason games to go, but I think he is a goner
  4. Chris Glaser G
    Just signed with the team.  Didn't play poorly vs Philly, but someone has to go
  5. Eddie Pinero K
    Maybe they want the PK competition to go on another week, but he seems like an obvious choice to go

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Didn’t see the game (fortunately).  Wondering how max mitchell looked.

Thought he looked good.  Played a lot and looked like he has potential.  Think he played RT only.  Probably needs a year in the weight room but he looked promising not dominating but moved well and had nice moments 

I had Huff and Herbig making the team and Knight and Smart leaning that way before last night. Nothing really changed on those fronts. I like to bust on Tiny Hands Cager, but he did look pretty good yesterday. Practice squad is his best hope, though, unless another team shows interest. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Thought he looked good.  Played a lot and looked like he has potential.  Think he played RT only.  Probably needs a year in the weight room but he looked promising not dominating but moved well and had nice moments 

They are going to need him this year.  And edoga sucks.