Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Yeah same guy.  He's better than Wilson.

Are there two Mike Whites?

I think his point was that, if you are worried about durability (a valid concern), the guy who has never completed an NFL start without getting some sort of injury, might not be your guy. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

A preseason game where half the starters didn't play... Complete overreaction... 

It's not an overretion. The started played 2 drives, no pressure, wrs wide open. Hurts didn't miss a throw. 

• Thumb Down 1

Yeah same guy.  He's better than Wilson.

Are there two Mike Whites?
Let me spell it out for you

W h i t e .... n o t. m a k i n g. t h e. 53

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

A non contact bone bruise..... did Zach ever have meniscal surgery? Bone on bone without the meniscal (sp)  to cushion the impact is one way to get a non contact injury.

Just getting caught up - if it's only 2-4 weeks that would be great.

I want to see Zach play this season.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Let me spell it out for you

W h i t e .... n o t. m a k i n g. t h e. 53

You think Streveler is going to beat him out as QB3 or do you think the Jets are going to roll with an injured/injury prone Zach and Joe "One Bad Hit From the Retirement Home" Flacco as the only QBs on the roster come week 1?

46 minutes ago, slats said:

Best I can make out is that they’re planning a meniscus trim, which is much less involved than a repair, but once they open it up they may find something new and/or change their minds. 

Still thinking (hoping) two games out, maximum, right now. But maybe zero. 

Had a relative go out on permanent disability after several meniscus 'scopes'. Bone on bone is the result when there is no cushioning - which is what I thought the meniscus provided.

Didn't know if it can be repaired. I hope they don't have to trim it because it doesn't grow back and Zach just might want to walk w/o a limp later in life. Lucky for him he rich as AF and doesn't need football.

7 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Had a relative go out on permanent disability after several meniscus 'scopes'. Bone on bone is the result when there is no cushioning - which is what I thought the meniscus provided.

Didn't know if it can be repaired. I hope they don't have to trim it because it doesn't grow back and Zach just might want to walk w/o a limp later in life. Lucky for him he rich as AF and doesn't need football.

I’m not going to pretend to be an expert, but repairs are apparently very much a thing, they just have a much longer recovery time. It would not surprise me if they were going for a band-aid type surgery now with plans for a full repair once the season is over. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

You think Streveler is going to beat him out as QB3 or do you think the Jets are going to roll with an injured/injury prone Zach and Joe "One Bad Hit From the Retirement Home" Flacco as the only QBs on the roster come week 1?
I think before last night Streveler had zero chance ... but now he has a legit shot to supplant white.

12 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

No, it's fake news.....if, huge if, Wilson actually does return after 4 weeks, he will absolutely re injure and be out for life.

Hmmm...

I'll only believe this if you have a Twitter profile where you diagnose patients from Tik Tok videos.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I think before last night Streveler had zero chance ... but now he has a legit shot to supplant white.

Maybe. Probably not, though. Most likely we're looking at stashing Streveler on the PS, or outright cutting him, but I will be watching those two closely the rest of preseason. At least it's an interesting story line to watch.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bronx said:

Wepa! What's up @Coquito love the nick. 

Hablas Español?

No es suficiente para engañar a nadie. 

I'm just a Gringo who spent alot of time drinking with Puerto Ricans and other people from South of our Border. Some of the nicest people I ever met came from the Bronx. Good people. GREAT SOLDIERS. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'm just a Gringo who spent alot of time drinking with Puerto Ricans and other people from South of our Border. Some of the nicest people I ever met came from the Bronx. Good people. GREAT SOLDIERS. 
Buenos Noches amigos ... me Gusta tequila ...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Awesome! I returned home after 31 years (21 various states/10 Asia, Europe and Middle East).  You should visit PR if you haven't.  Nice meeting you. 

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What I have gathered is that Wilson can be out anywhere from 2-4 weeks or 8-10 weeks depending on what they find but can be out for as little as 1-3 weeks, but as much as 9-12 weeks.

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

It's not an overretion. The started played 2 drives, no pressure, wrs wide open. Hurts didn't miss a throw. 

Stop it!! It’s preseason. Half the starters didn’t play, no game planning, no blitzing, vanilla defense. It meant totally nothing.