Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)

Rhg1084

The Jets would 1000% convince themselves that Zach can play with a dubious knee and limited mobility. I also think that if Wilson can’t move like he wants to and has to make a living from the pocket, it’s going to be catastrophic, and putting ugliness on tape will stick with him. 
Certainly possible ... also possible it turns him into the pocket passer he should have always been trained to be with that cannon arm.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I think before last night Streveler had zero chance ... but now he has a legit shot to supplant white.

Especially since he'll start getting some 11 on 11 reps in practice now and will play a little longer in the preseason games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Certainly possible ... also possible it turns him into the pocket passer he should have always been trained to be with that cannon arm.

I think that would take a long time, though, and I don’t think he or Saleh have that much rope.

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wasn't this the same situation Tannehill was once in, and he declines surgery for the quick fix, then reinjured himself?  So my brother the Phins Fan tells me...

That would make sense. I think ***if*** it turns out there’s other stuff going on with the knee, Zach could look at Baker Mayfield last 12 months as an example of what playing through an injury can do to a young QBs career.

• Upvote 3

That would make sense. I think ***if*** it turns out there’s other stuff going on with the knee, Zach could look at Baker Mayfield last 12 months as an example of what playing through an injury can do to a young QBs career.
When men played this game....2cc20e568bdc88e53014430bf62098c7.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

“Possible” is an argument to burn $2 on a gas station lottery ticket, not to build a football club.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Tannehill skipped surgery on an ACL.  Different story, not close to a meniscus injury 

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

You said “possible.” I find your argument… confusing.

Whoever said he could possibly become a pocket passer is confused, IMO.  That’s what ZW is, just because he can run doesn’t making him a running QB.  Not too confusing 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Whoever said he could possibly become a pocket passer is confused, IMO.  That’s what ZW is, just because he can run doesn’t making him a running QB.  Not too confusing 

Sorry, missed that you were paraphrasing “someone said.” Carry on.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s not a running QB but he likes to move and scramble a little. He can improvise more out of the pocket, which is what he likes to do. I hope he learns to stay in the pocket a bit better for his longevity 

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

He’s not a running QB but he likes to move and scramble a little. He can improvise more out of the pocket, which is what he likes to do. I hope he learns to stay in the pocket a bit better for his longevity 

I’ve been watching football forever and it’s always been a pocket passer or a running/scrambling QB.  No in betweens. 

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’ve been watching football forever and it’s always been a pocket passer or a running/scrambling QB.  No in betweens. 

That line has been blurred quite a bit over the last few years.  Right now there’s like 2-3 primarily “running QBs” (like Hurts and Jackson) 15 or so “QBs who can run” (Mahomes, Herbert, Russell Wilson, Dak, Jones, etc) and the rest are statue pocket guys (Brady, Stafford, Cousins, etc).  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Something is fishy about the whole thing.  I still think the possibility is great that Zach is done for the year.  I hope I am wrong.

Theory being

Jets' don't want to be held hostage trying to trade for a starting QB?

Or

They really don't know what this is and decided to lie to stop a fan panic?

I mean why else would they be lying to us?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Theory being

Jets' don't want to be held hostage trying to trade for a starting QB?

Or

They really don't know what this is and decided to lie to stop a fan panic?

I mean why else would they be lying to us?

Saleh and Co are proven liars anything is on the table 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Saleh and Co are proven liars anything is on the table 

Don't disagree.

Just asking why?  What's the upside?

I mean hyping up Max Mitchel while negotiating with Duane Brown is one thing - but I just don't see any real reason to tell the world it's 2-4 weeks knowing it's much worse.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Don't disagree.

Just asking why?  What's the upside?

I mean hyping up Max Mitchel while negotiating with Duane Brown is one thing - but I just don't see any real reason to tell the world it's 2-4 weeks knowing it's much worse.

It was no reason for Saleh to tell the world Becton would be back last year when it was already clear to most dude was done for the year.

Stupid organizations do and say stupid things, you literally have to expect the worst with this team and be surprised if something good happens. 

And I can also see a scenario where this stupid org rushes him back and he’s done for the year soon after 

• Upvote 2

His knee stability is impaired. Its structurally less stable now - even with surgery its still not going to be the same. Doesn't mean he can't get strong and manage but he's still  just a wrong move here or there from re-injuring that knee. I think he's got the skill to be a good quarterback but I'd definitely change gears if I were GM,  Id consider taking chances on QBs in the upcoming drafts (not saying 1st round but later) or swinging big for a starting caliber QB like Denver did. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Look, don’t know what Saleh tells his players behind closed doors.

But if it’s the fictional stuff he trots out for the beat reporters day after day, the players are going to walk onto the field in 3 weeks behind Joe Flacco and just get absolutely blasted.

”Joe’s a super bowl MVP, seen it all, done it all, still the greatest thing since sliced bread, we have complete confidence”, yada yada, etc.

You have to tell your players the truth.

The reality is they will have to play close to a perfect game and actually have an intelligent game plan on both sides of the ball.

I have more confidence in LaFleur than in Saleh and Ulbrich to come up with said game plan, but that’s not saying much.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

His knee stability is impaired. Its structurally less stable now - even with surgery its still not going to be the same. Doesn't mean he can't get strong and manage but he's still  just a wrong move here or there from re-injuring that knee. I think he's got the skill to be a good quarterback but I'd definitely change gears if I were GM,  Id consider taking chances on QBs in the upcoming drafts (not saying 1st round but later) or swinging big for a starting caliber QB like Denver did. 

That makes no sense.  Even if Wilson plays great this year and the jets win the super bowl you move on because of a meniscus injury that kept him out of pre season games???

It's not even an injury to his throwing shoulder.  The overreaction to every little things these days is out of control. It's the nfl players get hurt far worse and still have really long careers.