Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Andrews and Dr. James Parkes were the only surgeons doing those procedures(Tommy John, labrum, etc.) for a long time. Meniscus surgery is a groundball, medical oil change.  Going to go in with an arthroscope, take a long look and trim approriately. If it's minor, a meniscus trim can be outpatient in an office with local anesthesia. Have had both menisci done; had a brother who had Dr. Parkes do his labrum procedure, and a son who's labrum/rtc was done by Gronk's Harvard suregon at Patriot Place.NYC has some of the best hospitals in the world.  Yes, I know nothing. right! Point being there is no good reason to get this done a 5 hour plane ride away. 

Where did you get your medical license from?

Lots of surgeries are commonplace.  Athletes aren’t and comparing yourself to an athlete and what his knee will be subjected to as a defense is pretty inane.  

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

And let's not forget that the colostrum transfers necessary antibodies, which could help heal a youngster like Zach struggling with injuries.

Suckle up laddie and get big and strong 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

image.jpeg.abab1155fdd7dfac39bf136b7696cfd5.jpeg

Our QBs future is in the hands of this man…we should be fine.

The guy looks like he belongs on the 80s version of General Hospital.  He could have been Alan Quartermaine or Robert Scporpio.  Don't ask me how I know that.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Andrews and Dr. James Parkes were the only surgeons doing those procedures(Tommy John, labrum, etc.) for a long time. Meniscus surgery is a groundball, medical oil change.  Going to go in with an arthroscope, take a long look and trim approriately. If it's minor, a meniscus trim can be outpatient in an office with local anesthesia. Have had both menisci done; had a brother who had Dr. Parkes do his labrum procedure, and a son who's labrum/rtc was done by Gronk's Harvard suregon at Patriot Place.NYC has some of the best hospitals in the world.  Yes, I know nothing. right! Point being there is no good reason to get this done a 5 hour plane ride away. 

Trimming is minimal and ideal. Cutting is sometimes necessary to alleviate the issue. Some trim only to realize they need to go back in and do some more cutting. Its not that big of a ground ball. 

• Upvote 1

Can someone explain to me the whole "JETS MEDICAL STAFF SUCKS!!!!" is now "ZACH WENT TO LA FOR SURGERY! WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE JETS MEDICAL STAFF!" flip flop from people?

The jets medical staff is likely where the recommendation came from.. they might be able to do the surgery, but it might be they have done 3k surgeries on shoulders and have a ton of experience there where the Rams guy has that kind of experience with knees. This isn't some fight for who *gets* to do it.. the doctors are going to go for the best possibility of the best result. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Can someone explain to me the whole "JETS MEDICAL STAFF SUCKS!!!!" is now "ZACH WENT TO LA FOR SURGERY! WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE JETS MEDICAL STAFF!" flip flop from people?

The jets medical staff is likely where the recommendation came from.. they might be able to do the surgery, but it might be they have done 3k surgeries on shoulders and have a ton of experience there where the Rams guy has that kind of experience with knees. This isn't some fight for who *gets* to do it.. the doctors are going to go for the best possibility of the best result. 

Logic will not be tolerated around here.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

I thought that the surgery was happening today. Anybody have an update?

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk

yes, they accidently attached penises to his hands instead of fixing his knee. They're gonna try again tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, Jets512 said:

Just as hysterical as someone having zero clue about anything (you). This bum Tom Brady once traveled to LA in 2008 to get his knee surgery done by the same doctor. That worked out well I believe. What a riot!

He is the team doctor for both the Los Angeles Dodger and Rams. Non LA players who’ve went to him for surgery in just the last 2 years include Chris Sale, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Jamal Murray. And there are many more. So funny!

Almost every MLB player who needs Tommy John surgery goes to see James Andrews. Guess they all hate their team doctors too. Hilarious!

Get a clue. 

Love Bugg but Andrews is the man and everyone goes to him.

11 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Yes because often injured players just one day magically become healthy again 

The kid had surgery on his hand and shoulder in college too, it’s amazing some can’t see the writing on the wall 

So you're defending the position that if Zach Wilson leads this team to a super bowl, we should still draft a QB to replace him because "omg meniscus injury"?

Because that was the position I was refuting.....

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bugg said:

Hysterical that Wilson is flying across the continent to get a surgery that's routinely done by talented orthopedic surgeons across the NY/NJ area every day.  That must engender such warm feelings for the Jets' medical and training staffs. 

Colonel Steve Austin's surgery was done in LA.  Nuff said.  

10 hours ago, Lith said:

Surgery is tomorrow.  Tuesday.

Oooooohhhhh....I thought is was supposed to be yesterday too, no wonder there was nothing being reported as to the status of whether Zach Wilson would be out for the whole season or back for the 1st or 2nd game. because as of yesterday they STILL don't even know how much damage was caused to his knee on the play 

Today is the day. If Zach’s out for the season, his career with the Jets is doomed in my eyes. Ain’t nobody got time for that
Certainly in question ... we would draft a QB next year for sure. This is Zach's year to show what he is.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk