Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)

Rhg1084

10 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Thank god.

Now we can back to worrying about why he overthrew Garrett Wilson by 10 yards on a 5 yard slant, or how he telegraphed that INT right into the LB's hands. 

I still kinda want Jimmy G

• Upvote 2

If true must be the surgery route for Zach 

Meniscus tears are the most frequently treated knee injuries. Recovery will take about 6 to 8 weeks if your meniscus tear is treated conservatively, without surgery.

Meniscus surgery is a common operation to remove or repair a torn meniscus, a piece of cartilage in the knee. The surgery requires a few small incisions and takes about an hour. Recovery and rehabilitation take a few weeks.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Excellent point.

not a clue

I belie

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How the hell do you bruise a bone without contact? Seems crazy to me.

I believe, from what a doctor had posted a video of this morning, that a bone bruise would be caused by two bones suddenly pushing down on each other. If I interpreted it correctly...

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

If true must be the surgery route for Zach 

Meniscus tears are the most frequently treated knee injuries. Recovery will take about 6 to 8 weeks if your meniscus tear is treated conservatively, without surgery.

Meniscus surgery is a common operation to remove or repair a torn meniscus, a piece of cartilage in the knee. The surgery requires a few small incisions and takes about an hour. Recovery and rehabilitation take a few weeks.

Depends. Have had both menisci done. One 2 8 weeks of rehab, but the other was fine the next day. I am not playing QB in the NFL. Recall though Ben Rothlisberger played  a whole with a  tear, but he stayed in the pocket and got rid of the ball rather than taking off anyway. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Would be wild if he's good for week 1.

Would be great (especially since I am going to the game week 1), but I am not counting on it.  Really looking forward to that epic matchiup as Joe Flacco goes up agaisn the team he led to the Super Bowl 10 years ago.  Gonna be awesome.

yaaay-saturday-night-live.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

I'm a tennis player that competes on the national level and lost 15 lbs even though I was never heavy, just so I would put less pressure on my knees. Perhaps this is a product of Zach's extra weight/muscle that he put on and his joints and his body has not adjusted to it yet. Or it's just the damn turf in Philly!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You knew something tore in there.  Glad i was wrong and it was the meniscus not the acl.  Best possible news we could have gotten today.

I appreciate your optimism lately, but after your behaviour in the game thread last night you can gfy.

• Post of the Week 1